PDA

View Full Version : Polish Tantal Selector Question.

Magsz
06-18-08, 10:22
Hey guys, quick question for everyone.

My searches havent yielded the information i desire so i figured i would ask the more experienced users here.

How exactly does the left side selector mechanism work. The descriptions on websites are very vague. They say the right side typical AK selector is for safety and the left side is for.....

As of now the way i see it is that the left side selector is just that, its for select fire and the right side is for safetying the weapon?

I was hoping the left side selector would also allow me to safety the right as that alleviates one of the weak points of the AK design.

Am i wrong in my assumptions as to how this works?

Also, some of the parts kits that ive seen on various websites do NOT show the left side selector. Is this something that i have to request be added to the parts kit or is it simply not pictured.

Last but not least, atlantic firearms does not mention the left side selector, does anyone know if their complete guns come equpped with it?

Thanks for the help guys!

IrishDevil
06-18-08, 20:55
The Tantal sold by Atlantic does not have the selector. The selector was only for rate of fire, NOT a safety, the safety is the standard type. Other than having it for looks, the selector is just in the way on a semi. As far as the safety goes get a Blackjack Swift or the Krebs model, they have a shelf for activation by your trigger finger.

Magsz
06-18-08, 21:09
Roger that, just like i suspected.

Thank you very much for the info.