PDA

View Full Version : Cautious or Bad L.G.D your thoughts??

sjp 007
09-25-14, 16:32
Went in to a local gun dealer, 20 min from my house ask if he did transfers he said, yes
Told him i want to purchase a striped ar lower online and have him do transfer

he said NO,Because i could use lower to build an sbr or something else illegal ???

i said thanks, and left, thinking to my self what a piece of sh*t dealer

would you be -upset or understanding --i found dealer 1 hour away that will

Iraqgunz
09-25-14, 16:35
He's a moron. What else do you want?

BuzzinSATX
09-25-14, 16:37
He was either pissed you didn't buy from him or stupid. Since you can buy any standard AR lower, be it stripped or built into a full rifle, and slap a 10.5" upper on it, tells me his logic is flawed, or he doesn't trust his customers. Either way, I'd move on...like you did.

sjp 007
09-25-14, 16:44
getting a noveske lower so not cheap a lower,most of my disposable income goes to guns or harley parts, have infidel upper in my safe i want to get together. much lost business for him

on a side note there was a range there, he yelled at someone for rapid firing a rifle said it was unsafe ???? I should have just walk out then

wildcard600
09-25-14, 16:55
sounds like the FFL holders in my area. guess business is so good they dont need our money.

sjp 007
09-25-14, 17:02
sounds like the FFL holders in my area. guess business is so good they dont need our money.
funny you mention that,
i ordered a Circassian Walnut ruger 10/22 stock about 6 month ago from a dealer thats online in your area said they had 3 in stock, received a birch stock not even reg.walnut and took a month + total from order to refund

wildcard600
09-25-14, 17:14
funny you mention that,
i ordered a Circassian Walnut ruger 10/22 stock about 6 month ago from a dealer thats online in your area said they had 3 in stock, received a birch stock not even reg.walnut and took a month + total from order to refund

sounds about right. there is only one place around here that i will deal with and i will only order from gallery of guns through them to minimize the chance of it getting fooked.

Kvjavs
09-25-14, 23:11
Went in to a local gun dealer, 20 min from my house ask if he did transfers he said, yes

he said NO,Because i could use lower to build an sbr or something else illegal ???

With that logic, he may as well close up shop because someone could buy a firearm or ammo from him and commit a crime with it.

He's an idiot, nothing more. The local gunstores here where I live charge $55 for transfers (except one place I refuse to do business with). I gladly drive 1 hour west to get transfers through a friend. It's a nice, pleasant drive through the country. They also have good Italian beef from this place across the street.

t15
09-25-14, 23:18
He was either pissed you didn't buy from him or stupid. Since you can buy any standard AR lower, be it stripped or built into a full rifle, and slap a 10.5" upper on it, tells me his logic is flawed, or he doesn't trust his customers. Either way, I'd move on...like you did.

lol yeah, he could buy the dealers dpms rifle and then go to bcms website or literally any gun show--take your business elsewhere!

Digital_Damage
09-26-14, 07:56
He wants you to buy what he has, it is that simple.

JS-Maine
09-26-14, 08:34
Keep looking around. Depending where you are in Maine, there are some decent shop owners and there are some fantastic shop owners. I found a really small place years ago and never looked anywhere else for my needs. I don't give my money to fools who spread garbage info like that, but I've never heard anything that ridiculous from anyone behind the counter let alone an owner. That's Pelosi level of dumb. Any chance this was southern Maine?

C4IGrant
09-26-14, 08:47

Lots of dealers don't know the laws and or know anything about AR's.

Check out your local pawn shops and local gun clubs. In many instances, they will be cheaper on transfers.

C4

Zirk208
09-26-14, 09:41
Run an FFL search on gunbroker or the atf website. I have a guy literally 2 blocks away from my residence. My last transfer of a lower i walked to his house after work and walked home with my happy new lower. Took all of 15 minutes in his basement at the cost of $15. There are a lot more FFL's than you might think, many of which are not in obvious storefronts.

...and yes. Your local gut was just upset that you would dare to shop somewhere else beside his store, so he fed you a line to to try and shame you into buying his wares.

sjp 007
09-26-14, 16:52
Keep looking around. Depending where you are in Maine, there are some decent shop owners and there are some fantastic shop owners. I found a really small place years ago and never looked anywhere else for my needs. I don't give my money to fools who spread garbage info like that, but I've never heard anything that ridiculous from anyone behind the counter let alone an owner. That's Pelosi level of dumb. Any chance this was southern Maine?

south of portland, but not kittery trading have had good luck there

sjp 007
09-26-14, 16:53
Lots of dealers don't know the laws and or know anything about AR's.

Check out your local pawn shops and local gun clubs. In many instances, they will be cheaper on transfers.

C4

thanks, and a shout out for nsr 13.5-- thanks again

Omaha419
09-27-14, 08:48
Sounds like a combination of being ignorant to gun laws and being an idiot.

Berserkr556
09-28-14, 09:07

Here's a link to find dealers in your State. Enter your zip code or State, click go and find the ones closet to you who are not morons.

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

ETA: Someone gave me this link years ago when I had the same problem as you. I was trying to buy my first BCM Lower back in 2006 or so and every FFL holder in my area wanted to be an arse. I used the link and found a great guy less than a mile from my house who only charges $15. There's a lot of guys who get an FFL and are complete arses. It's like the power goes to their head and they think they're god. Most don't read the laws and others won't do a transfer if you want an evil black rifle. I ran into all kinds of morons until I found my go to guy.

sjp 007
09-28-14, 21:25
Here's a link to find dealers in your State. Enter your zip code or State, click go and find the ones closet to you who are not morons.

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx
ETA: Someone gave me this link years ago when I had the same problem as you. I was trying to buy my first BCM Lower back in 2006 or so and every FFL holder in my area wanted to be an arse. I used the link and found a great guy less than a mile from my house who only charges $15. There's a lot of guys who get an FFL and are complete arses. It's like the power goes to their head and they think they're god. Most don't read the laws and others won't do a transfer if you want an evil black rifle. I ran into all kinds of morons until I found my go to guy.

thanks

MistWolf
09-28-14, 21:53
Bottom line- I don't care what their reasoning is, if I get poor customer service, I don't go back.

Hope you find someone with good customer service to do business with

kevN
09-29-14, 21:13
Shooting ranges without gun stores attached might be a good place to do transfers as well. Much less insanity in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk