PDA

View Full Version : IGFS Custom M&P 45c

Fireman1291
09-26-14, 05:45
Well I am finally done beating the heck outta this pistol. I wanted to run 2,000 rds and live with it for awhile before I gave my opinion. It was worth the wait and price of admission.

I must say that functionality aside, this thing turns heads at the range. It truly is a unique pistol. As for functionality the grip was greatly improved over the "bar of soap" feel that the M&P comes with. As well as the undercut trigger guard, everything is very well done and lined up. The slide serrations are a thing of beauty and really fit on this pistol as the m&p series already come with a wave type serration.

At first glance the serrations look like they will make quick work of your hands and holsters but this proved to be untrue. While menacing looking the serrations are deeper cut than the factory useless ones, but they are far from sharp. You can run your hand over top back and forth with heavy pressure and it's fine.

It seems IGFS found the perfect balance here. They also invented the patent pending radius cuts on the slide, which proved to be very useful with one handed manipulation.

I'm extremely happy with this pistol and already have plans to send them another gun!

Enjoy the video!

http://youtu.be/S1E5fQHauuc

Mike169
09-27-14, 07:44
Looks nice, what was the total cost for these modifications?

Fireman1291
09-28-14, 08:15
Looks nice, what was the total cost for these modifications?

$800 including shipping costs. :)

kenny256
09-28-14, 08:44
You can definitely get great grip on about any surface with that slide work....

Fireman1291
09-29-14, 08:14
You can definitely get great grip on about any surface with that slide work....

I know it works but I wanted to show it gripping a car hood/corner etc. I just couldn't get my hands on a junk car in time. Also I wanted to stress that while it looks like it will tear up your hands. The serrations have no sharp edges and you can rub your hand across all day and it feels like normal serrations on any gun. The reason it works is not because of the edge but rather the increased surface area to grab onto objects.

kenny256
09-29-14, 08:44
I know it works but I wanted to show it gripping a car hood/corner etc. I just couldn't get my hands on a junk car in time. Also I wanted to stress that while it looks like it will tear up your hands. The serrations have no sharp edges and you can rub your hand across all day and it feels like normal serrations on any gun. The reason it works is not because of the edge but rather the increased surface area to grab onto objects.

I was actually curious about how rough they were, Thanks for just going ahead and answering.