PDA

View Full Version : Professionally Customized Glock 34

ptmccain
09-27-14, 11:11
I just received my Glock 34 back from a professional gunsmith who did a lot of work on it. I bought the milled slide from OST, the RMR is a Trijicon RMR and the sights are Trijicon suppressor height night sights. The barrel is a threaded barrel.

I'll list what was done to it:

(1) Polish, hone and tune the Zevtech trigger system to amazing crisp break and reset (amazing trigger now).
(2) Cerakote slide after milling front serrations (Armorer Black color).
(3) Customized grip to my hands, built up backstrap, etc.
(4) Trigger guard work.
(5) Added the "gritty" material on it, a permanent application, feels absolutely fantastic.
(6) Large beavertail addition, allows for very positive purchase from the holster.
(7) New external slide release.
(8) Zev magwell was added to the grip (I had purchased it previously), with weight in the grip.

The thing is amazing now, and fits my shooting hand and support hand like a glove.

The guy who did the work is Bob Greer of:
Precision Custom Service
Hillsboro, Missouri
Phone: (314) 565-8458

It was well worth the wait.

Here are pics:
http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t637/FMJ1911/Glock34Side1_zps88d6d9ef.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t637/FMJ1911/GlockSide2_zps88d6d9ef.jpg

doodi1
09-27-14, 11:32
Very nice!

ptmccain
09-27-14, 11:34
Thanks bro. NOTE: This is NOT my HD or my CCW weapon, I use a Glock 19, stock, for that. Some people kind of freak out at the thought of a customized Glock and proceed to lecture about how any trigger mods make it unreliable for HD and CCW. And there you go.

:)

Magsz
09-27-14, 11:37
Your boy got pretty aggressive with the blast cabinet...

platoonDaddy
09-27-14, 11:42
Is the "gritty materiel" some type of tape?

Magsz
09-27-14, 11:43
Is the "gritty materiel" some type of tape?

Silicone carbide epoxied to the grip. Competition shooters have been doing this for years and it is a very effective form of traction.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 11:43
No...not really. Bob Greer explained it to me, but ... I kind of forgot. It is a customized "paint" so to speak, that is not a tape and hence tends not to peal off. It is awesome, best I've ever felt. Far superior to any of the popular "tape" solutions out there. He paints it on and lets it set up, etc. heat hardened. Sorry I can't give you more technical details.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 11:44
Your boy got pretty aggressive with the blast cabinet...

Sorry, I'm a Southerner, can you 'splain this comment a bit more? What does "blast cabinet" mean?

Magsz
09-27-14, 12:02
Sorry, I'm a Southerner, can you 'splain this comment a bit more? What does "blast cabinet" mean?

When your Smith was doing his work, he prepped the surface of the pistol frame with a bead blaster. A bead blaster is contained within a blast cabinet. During that process, your Smith got really excited or chose the wrong media, or thought a melted, bar of butter Glock looked cool. Either one.

Your gun looks like butter that was left in the sun.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 12:07
Bob does great work...highly recommend him.

JBecker 72
09-27-14, 12:14
I was kinda thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong it's a cool pistol, but the frame does look a bit like it was melted a bit.

RHINOWSO
09-27-14, 12:17
So is this the same Glock you had previously pimped out, or a new one?

ptmccain
09-27-14, 12:18
Well, I appreciate the critique. All I can tell you is that it was custom formed for my hands and feels fantastic.

As always, YMMV.

Mr blasty
09-27-14, 12:22
Can't say I've seen a carry melt Finnish on a glock before.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

dramabeats
09-27-14, 12:50
I just picked up a 34 today, did yours come with the adjustable sights? mine did and I noticed it is drifted all the way to the left, is this normal?

ptmccain
09-27-14, 12:52
Yes, the G34 comes with adjustable sights, stock. I replaced the sights with the Trijicon suppressor height night sights.

Not sure why your rear sight was drifted all the way to the left.

JBecker 72
09-27-14, 12:59
I had a blue label 34 that came with fixed sights.

Magsz
09-27-14, 13:06
The work is sloppy and lazy. A shop like ATEI will remove the factory Glock markings when they serrate the front resulting in a much better overall appearance. Im generally not one to disparage someone elses work but if you're going to promote someone elses services, i feel a fair critique is necessary, especially when comparatively speaking that work is sub par.

I know your response is going to be that this is combat functional and aesthetics dont matter but, well, if you're going to pay for something, you might as well have it done by a pro, not some random dude with a mill. On top of that, the color matching between your new beavertail and the grip frame doesnt even match. Come on man, more sloppy work. I can do all of the mods that this guy performed to THAT level in my garage. At the end of the day it is functional but i would never DREAM of offering these services to the public for compensation because my work is NOT professional grade.

Then again, leaving the markings there will create additional abrasions on your adversaries face when you kapap him right in the shit. Two thumbs up.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 13:11
Thanks for sharing more of your opinions. Always appreciated.

Mr blasty
09-27-14, 13:27
PMs inbound to anyone who doesn't salivate over his pistol :rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Magsz
09-27-14, 14:23
Got one too...

He wants pictures of my work which i dont particularly find relevant. I dont charge anyone for the work that i do to my pistols. He paid for this work, posted a vanity post seeking approval and some of us (well, mostly myself) saw fit to respond according with our OPINIONS on an OPEN forum...

Did you pay for the work or are you attempting to shill?

ptmccain
09-27-14, 14:51
You claim you can do a better job in your garage...let's see it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Magsz
09-27-14, 14:58
You want to see my garage? That's weird man.

Ive posted a few pictures of my "work" in the past but quite frankly, i very rarely do anymore as i focus more on the technical aspects of shooting and gear instead of the "oh look, shiny new possessions!"

I am almost tempted to retract my earlier statements about your Smiths work since he is not here to defend himself but then i wouldnt be true to myself so, ill let them stand. If you want to contact your Smith and have him explain why he doesnt mill the factory markings off to make the work look complete that would be awesome. I am also curious as to why he blasted the frame in the manner that he did. Is his beavertail reinforced at all or did he simply graft an Acraglas or fiberglass tail onto the gun? I am also curious as to what you paid for this.

ATEI mills their slides to create a finished appearance. Ben at Boresight reinforces his Beavertails with metal inserts. Ben also color matches his polymer additions to the frame. These men are craftsmen and are at the top of their game. What you posted is...not...

When you shill for someone or create posts in order to generate interest, it usually helps if you explain WHY the modifications were done, how they were done and why you opted to go with this particular Smith. Instead, this post is more drivel from you in an effort to show off your Fudd toys.

EDIT: Lastly, i will say that i fully support your right to modify your possessions for no reason other than "because i can" but expect people to call you out or at the very least, ask questions on a technical forum. Key word, technical forum. Most of your posts would fit in great on the Barbie Site, Arfcom.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 14:59
OK, well, if you ever get around to posting some pics of your customized Glocks, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Take care.

RHINOWSO
09-27-14, 16:24
You want to see my garage? That's weird man.

Ive posted a few pictures of my "work" in the past but quite frankly, i very rarely do anymore as i focus more on the technical aspects of shooting and gear instead of the "oh look, shiny new possessions!"

I am almost tempted to retract my earlier statements about your Smiths work since he is not here to defend himself but then i wouldnt be true to myself so, ill let them stand. If you want to contact your Smith and have him explain why he doesnt mill the factory markings off to make the work look complete that would be awesome. I am also curious as to why he blasted the frame in the manner that he did. Is his beavertail reinforced at all or did he simply graft an Acraglas or fiberglass tail onto the gun? I am also curious as to what you paid for this.

ATEI mills their slides to create a finished appearance. Ben at Boresight reinforces his Beavertails with metal inserts. Ben also color matches his polymer additions to the frame. These men are craftsmen and are at the top of their game. What you posted is...not...

When you shill for someone or create posts in order to generate interest, it usually helps if you explain WHY the modifications were done, how they were done and why you opted to go with this particular Smith. Instead, this post is more drivel from you in an effort to show off your Fudd toys.

EDIT: Lastly, i will say that i fully support your right to modify your possessions for no reason other than "because i can" but expect people to call you out or at the very least, ask questions on a technical forum. Key word, technical forum. Most of your posts would fit in great on the Barbie Site, Arfcom.

:lol: LMFAO....

IIRC, he was banned from arfcom...

Talon167
09-27-14, 17:04
So what on that Frankengun is still OEM, non-modified, Glock?

Zim
09-27-14, 17:11
Could the milling around the extractor cause problems in the future? It's looks pretty non-existent between the RMR and extractor. Looking around Google at some pictures, it looks like there's usually a pretty pronounced ledge between the RMR and extractor that's missing here.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 17:16
Placement of RMR and milling depends on if you want sights in front of the RMR, or behind the RMR. I opted for behind and it looks like most others I've seen, but since the proof is in the pudding, I've put 2,000+ rounds through it with the RMR on it and no problems/issues, etc. If you do a Google image search on "Glock 34 with milled RMR" you'll see what I'm talking about.

Zim
09-27-14, 17:18
I did just that, which led to my question.

So you just got it back, or you've had it long enough to put 2,000 rounds through it? I'm confused.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 17:23
Before I had the custom work done on it, I had already put 2,000+ rounds through it with the RMR on it.

No issues. No worries. No problems.

It may well fall completely to pieces though at round 2,187.

Zim
09-27-14, 17:30
Why would a milled slide from Dirty Sanchez have factory Glock markings on them? More confused.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 17:32
One Source Tactical sells OEM Glock slides milled to accept a Trijicon RMR.

Zim
09-27-14, 17:38
Did you buy the OEM milled slide in addition to a stock 34, then?

ptmccain
09-27-14, 17:44
I own two Glock 34s.

One is stock. One is the customized one.

I purchased the OEM slide from OST. Picked up a frame on sale elsewhere.

I can put the stock slide on the customized frame. I can put the customized slide on the stock G34 frame.

Next addition: suppressor.

26 Inf
09-27-14, 20:01
:lol: LMFAO....

IIRC, he was banned from arfcom...

Is it correct that others on this board have parted ways with AR15.com in a less than pleasant way?

If that is true, and I believe the 'industry professional' who told me the details, wouldn't that be kind of a point of honor?

I tend to agree with Magsz, I just plain don't care for the aesthetics of the weapon. I don't like the way the beavertail looks, I don't like the way the media was epoxied to the grip area with the square corners, and I prefer my back up rear sight in front of the RDS. Additionally, I don't like the work on the front of the slide, I would have spent my money on something else.

Having said all that, I didn't have the work done, he did. If he's happy, I'm happy.

I agree that he was trying to give his gunsmith buddy some props. If there are concerns about the safety of the guy's work, then they should be addressed, but perhaps not with the way it was done.

JM .02

09-27-14, 20:27
I wouldn't be bragging that I paid for that

ptmccain
09-27-14, 20:43
4325, you joined in December 2008 and six years later this is your FIRST comment?

Hilarious.

LOL

;)

09-27-14, 20:54
4325, you joined in December 2008 and six years later this is your FIRST comment?

Hilarious.

LOL

;)

Why is it hilarious?

BooneGA
09-27-14, 21:09
A shop like ATEI will remove the factory Glock markings when they serrate the front resulting in a much better overall appearance. Im generally not one to disparage someone elses work but if you're going to promote someone elses services, i feel a fair critique is necessary, especially when comparatively speaking that work is sub par.

This is not the case with my ATEI Glock 17. The Glock logo and other markings remain on the slide where the front serrations are.

Rick

ptmccain
09-27-14, 21:50
Those slackers!!!

TheLefty
09-27-14, 21:57

Hilarious.

LOL

;)

I don't see the humor in that. Perhaps, like me, he or she reads more than they post. Many of the people on this site have more real-world experience and more to contribute than I do. Therefore, I prefer to read and learn. You would do well to follow suit.

No disrespect intended, but the work on your Glock does not look professional at all to me, and I would not be happy with it.

If you're happy with it, then I'm happy for you. I don't see anyone trying to make this personal, so attempting to disparage others who don't agree with you seems juvenile and unproductive. I'm sorry you didn't get the responses that you expected.

Zim
09-27-14, 22:51
I may have missed it, but you did pay for these services, yes?

DreadPirateMoyer
09-28-14, 00:34
I may have missed it, but you did pay for these services, yes?

I hope not. That frame work is atrocious.

Zim
09-28-14, 00:52
He either paid for this garbage, or he's shilling this garbage. I'm not sure which is worse.

GTF425
09-28-14, 02:41
You guys aren't being the kind of person Chuck would want you to be...

Skipper1969
09-28-14, 02:53
I checked several pics of Glocks milled for a RMR that look no different from the one in the OP some from OST, L& M Precision, and some from ATEi, so I don't believe the milling near the extractor is an issue in this case. Everything else would be in the eyes of the beholder.
Could the milling around the extractor cause problems in the future? It's looks pretty non-existent between the RMR and extractor. Looking around Google at some pictures, it looks like there's usually a pretty pronounced ledge between the RMR and extractor that's missing here.

ptmccain
09-28-14, 06:45
It was just a camera angle issue, there is clearly a ledge of steel above the extractor on which the RMR sits, no biggie. Just people trying to find nits at which to pick. I love the feel of the handgun in my hand, and am very pleased with the results. The grip was custom made precisely for the size and shape of my hand. If others don't like it, that's fine.

The trigger is awesome on it now. Very crisp break and reset point.

Magsz
09-28-14, 09:45
The point that i was making with my original post is that for anyone new that is just coming into this, they should be made aware of the fact that options DO exist and better options ARE out there. When you have a forum flooded with crap over shadowing the good, how is someone new able to sift through the chaff and get to the quality? Ultimately, it is up to the end user to spend their money how they see fit but a technical forum such as this serves to spread quality, factual knowledge.

We have vanity picture threads for a reason. The rest of the forum is supposed to exist to spread data and opinions backed by first hand experience. There is no data here. There are no opinions other than the fact that the pistol "fits his hand perfectly and he likes it!". There is no information on how the sight pocket for the RMR was cut. Are there locating pins cut into the slide to lock down the RMR or just screw holes? Any issues zeroing the optic and holding zero? Why the front cocking serrations? Why the extended slide release that for most of us, would cause lockback problems? I know that model did for me. What weight did he go with for the magwell? They make brass and aluminum magwells with different inserts. Instead, he just says "heavy". The guy hasnt disclosed a price paid for the modifications, he hasnt said why he chose each modification and for all intents and purposes, he is shilling for a gunsmith buddy.

The guy puts up a build sheet, posts a photo and feels good about himself because he spent money and secretly wants validation because hes a gigantic fudd. Posts like that are useless here and should receive a non standard response.

I take this as a personal crusade because i am currently in a position where i am teaching new shooters, essentially right off of the street (figuratively) about handgun safety. The first thing that *I* realized was that i had to compartmentalize the knowledge that i have in order to translate concepts, terms and methods effectively to people that ARENT gun nerds. These women are confused, overwhelmed and needed a gentle hand to start them off right. SO many of these women bought some REALLY terrible guns because of BAD advice from men and were unable to shoot them. Imagine a reader coming on here, reading a comment like "it fit my shooting hand perfectly" and thinking they NEEDED horrendous grip work like this in order for their Glock to "fit" their hand. While a grip reduction MAY help, i do believe it should be performed by a professional and what we have pictured here is NOT a grip reduction. The original poster should disclose WHY the grip fits their hand well so that people can understand WHY changes were made and WHERE they were made.

While we DO have mods here, it is up to the users of the forum to police ourselves and to be intellectually honest with each other.

Like most of his posts, they are useless in what is supposed to be a database of KNOWLEDGE. I think that in the spirit of those that created this forum, they would be disappointed by the attention whoring that some members of this forum cry out for.

Airhasz
09-28-14, 10:18
The point that i was making with my original post is that for anyone new that is just coming into this, they should be made aware of the fact that options DO exist and better options ARE out there. When you have a forum flooded with crap over shadowing the good, how is someone new able to sift through the chaff and get to the quality? Ultimately, it is up to the end user to spend their money how they see fit but a technical forum such as this serves to spread quality, factual knowledge.

We have vanity picture threads for a reason. The rest of the forum is supposed to exist to spread data and opinions backed by first hand experience. There is no data here. There are no opinions other than the fact that the pistol "fits his hand perfectly and he likes it!". There is no information on how the sight pocket for the RMR was cut. Are there locating pins cut into the slide to lock down the RMR or just screw holes? Any issues zeroing the optic and holding zero? Why the front cocking serrations? Why the extended slide release that for most of us, would cause lockback problems? I know that model did for me. What weight did he go with for the magwell? They make brass and aluminum magwells with different inserts. Instead, he just says "heavy". The guy hasnt disclosed a price paid for the modifications, he hasnt said why he chose each modification and for all intents and purposes, he is shilling for a gunsmith buddy.

The guy puts up a build sheet, posts a photo and feels good about himself because he spent money and secretly wants validation because hes a gigantic fudd. Posts like that are useless here and should receive a non standard response.

I take this as a personal crusade because i am currently in a position where i am teaching new shooters, essentially right off of the street (figuratively) about handgun safety. The first thing that *I* realized was that i had to compartmentalize the knowledge that i have in order to translate concepts, terms and methods effectively to people that ARENT gun nerds. These women are confused, overwhelmed and needed a gentle hand to start them off right. SO many of these women bought some REALLY terrible guns because of BAD advice from men and were unable to shoot them. Imagine a reader coming on here, reading a comment like "it fit my shooting hand perfectly" and thinking they NEEDED horrendous grip work like this in order for their Glock to "fit" their hand. While a grip reduction MAY help, i do believe it should be performed by a professional and what we have pictured here is NOT a grip reduction. The original poster should disclose WHY the grip fits their hand well so that people can understand WHY changes were made and WHERE they were made.

While we DO have mods here, it is up to the users of the forum to police ourselves and to be intellectually honest with each other.

Like most of his posts, they are useless in what is supposed to be a database of KNOWLEDGE. I think that in the spirit of those that created this forum, they would be disappointed by the attention whoring that some members of this forum cry out for.

Still waiting to see pics of your garage modification glock you so easily threw out there and failed to produce.

ptmccain
09-28-14, 13:51
Still waiting to see pics of your garage modification glock you so easily threw out there and failed to produce.

[emoji106]

LOL

C4IGrant
09-28-14, 14:12
When your Smith was doing his work, he prepped the surface of the pistol frame with a bead blaster. A bead blaster is contained within a blast cabinet. During that process, your Smith got really excited or chose the wrong media, or thought a melted, bar of butter Glock looked cool. Either one.

Your gun looks like butter that was left in the sun.

I looked at these pics on my phone and really couldn't tell what you were talking about. Now I see it. The frame must be as smooth as a cows udder!

C4

C4IGrant
09-28-14, 14:17

Hot DAMN that was funny and true. I am around a lot of NEWBY shooters and have a tendency to over load them with info. KISS always works best and if you have a heavily modified gun, DON'T SHOW IT TO THEM (as it will just blow their mind).

C4

RHINOWSO
09-28-14, 14:29
I personally enjoy ptmccains threads. Having seen him implode on every firearms forum out there, from the most mainstream to the most obscure, as either amsdorf or ptmccain, it is noteworthy to see the tolerance by the staff and moderators here, as he's been allowed to cool off with temporary bans here 2, maybe 3 times.

A true display of tolerance and diversity. Kind of like having a "Bell curve" of contributors. :) Keeps people on their toes, realizing that "professional" doesn't always mean what you think it means.

Back OT, this type of thing is testament to Glocks ability to be a $500 pistol that people spend $1500 to become a $500 pistol.

Again OP, bravo - maybe start a twitter hashtag to drive more traffic to your youtube channel? Might pay off, or at least help pay off your Glock.

Talon167
09-28-14, 15:14
Back OT, this type of thing is testament to Glocks ability to be a $500 pistol that people spend $1500 to become a $200 pistol.

FIFY

I am still curious as to if there are any non-modified Glock parts left on that thing...?

ptmccain
09-28-14, 15:15
smooth as a cows utter!

C4

You spelled udder utterly incorrect, Grant.

RHINOWSO
09-28-14, 15:31
Professional Gunsmith at work. 28779

C4IGrant
09-28-14, 16:22
You spelled udder utterly incorrect, Grant.

Ya auto correct screws me all the time. I am over it.

C4

SpeedRacer
09-28-14, 17:00
Unless I'm looking at it wrong, the fact that the trigger pin is actually protruding on both sides tells me a LOT of material was removed from the frame for no apparent reason?

I'm all for "whatever floats your boat" when it comes doing whatever ridiculousness you want to your guns, but actually recommending that other people do the same is a whole 'nother thing and very much deserves scrutiny by the community.

elephantrider
09-28-14, 17:40
As others have pointed out, there are a few red flags about this work as it is listed in the OP's post.

1. Polished ZevTech trigger? AFAIK, ZEVTECH'S are supposed to be installed and adjusted, not polished and monkeyed around with. Maybe some folks do this, but again I think these are supposed to be drop-in and adjust only.
2. Probably the most glaring issue is the frame texture. It looks as thought it has been sanded, ground, and blasted to the point that it is buttery smooth and a few hundredths thinner than it came from the factory (trigger pins protruding). It has a real 'melted' look, for no real functional reason that I can see.
3. The beavertail transition and shape looks very odd and non-ergonomic to me. I have zero hands-on experience with Glock beavertails, so it could just be the photo lighting and my perception. Compared to other "Pro" beavertails, it doesn't look quite right.

First impression here doesn't scream professional work, as there are some really questionable choices. Maybe there is some secret sauce that needs to be held and used to be understood? The inclusion of the name and contact info in the OP also smacks of 'shill.' Why not just post this in the Glock picture thread instead of making an all new thread?

As for the comments about the forward cocking serrations and ATEi; I have seen their cocking serrations done multiple ways, preserving, removing, and working through the factory lettering. I assume it depends on the pistol model and how the customer wants the serrations done.

jedi391
09-28-14, 17:42
I don't know his history......but it does seem like some people are almost trying to provoke a response from the guy....and I tend to agree, not behavior Chuck would have endorsed.

ptmccain
09-28-14, 18:29
Not to worry, just typical gun forum drama. Pretty funny stuff, actually.

punkey71
09-28-14, 18:48
As a previous poster pointed out, Google "Armsdorf Banned" and "PTMccain Banned" (same person). Then judge for yourself where the common denominator lies.

It will all make sense.

I don't know his history......but it does seem like some people are almost trying to provoke a response from the guy....and I tend to agree, not behavior Chuck would have endorsed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBecker 72
09-28-14, 18:59
As a previous poster pointed out, Google Armsdorf and PTMccain (same person). Then judge for yourself where the common denominator lies.

It will all make sense.

I was more curious than anything, entertaining reads. :lol:

elephantrider
09-28-14, 19:56

I guess you missed the secret forum meeting where we drew ptmccain's name out of a hat at random as the person for everyone to provoke and pile onto?

,or... maybe some people just bring this type of reaction on themselves?

jedi391
09-28-14, 20:51
I guess you missed the secret forum meeting where we drew ptmccain's name out of a hat at random as the person for everyone to provoke and pile onto?

,or... maybe some people just bring this type of reaction on themselves?

Maybe so, but I have also experienced that people tend to go after weak or easy targets with more vigor, especially if they think they're unliked by the majority and therefore can be attacked with little risk of others coming to their aid. Maybe the guy has been a big problem historically, but in this thread, speaking as an uninvolved bystander, he seems to be for the most part politely responding to pretty baiting and unescessarily insulting posts. From what I read of Chuck, it's not something he would have endorsed. I just believe that regardless of how people have handled themselves in the past each day is a new day and on this day, it seems he's being unfairly and harshly criticized. Just one man's opinion.

foxtrotx1
09-28-14, 20:59
Maybe so, but I have also experienced that people tend to go after weak or easy targets with more vigor, especially if they think they're unliked by the majority and therefore can be attacked with little risk of others coming to their aid. Maybe the guy has been a big problem historically, but in this thread, speaking as an uninvolved bystander, he seems to be for the most part politely responding to pretty baiting and unescessarily insulting posts. From what I read of Chuck, it's not something he would have endorsed. I just believe that regardless of how people have handled themselves in the past each day is a new day and on this day, it seems he's being unfairly and harshly criticized. Just one man's opinion.

You don't have look far in his post history to see the reason for all this.

RWH24
09-28-14, 21:14
I see what is being said about the milling of the slide by the extractor...

And the front cocting serrations through the Glock writting....

Were both of these done prior to you purchasing this factory slide and sending it to your gunsmith?

If so, you have a problem from the place that machined it

AETi customer gallery page http://ateiguns.com/user-gallery/

AETi Glock gallery http://ateiguns.com/gallery-category/glock/

26 Inf
09-28-14, 21:22

LoveAR
09-28-14, 21:28
I just received my Glock 34 back from a professional gunsmith who did a lot of work on it. I bought the milled slide from OST, the RMR is a Trijicon RMR and the sights are Trijicon suppressor height night sights. The barrel is a threaded barrel.

I'll list what was done to it:

(1) Polish, hone and tune the Zevtech trigger system to amazing crisp break and reset (amazing trigger now).
(2) Cerakote slide after milling front serrations (Armorer Black color).
(3) Customized grip to my hands, built up backstrap, etc.
(4) Trigger guard work.
(5) Added the "gritty" material on it, a permanent application, feels absolutely fantastic.
(6) Large beavertail addition, allows for very positive purchase from the holster.
(7) New external slide release.
(8) Zev magwell was added to the grip (I had purchased it previously), with weight in the grip.

The thing is amazing now, and fits my shooting hand and support hand like a glove.

The guy who did the work is Bob Greer of:
Precision Custom Service
Hillsboro, Missouri
Phone: (314) 565-8458

It was well worth the wait.

Here are pics:
http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t637/FMJ1911/Glock34Side1_zps88d6d9ef.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t637/FMJ1911/GlockSide2_zps88d6d9ef.jpg

PT...this isn't for real is it? You are just pulling our leg...am I right?

crawlin95
09-28-14, 21:33
That is sexy for sure!

SpeedRacer
09-28-14, 21:38
To be fair, there looks to be plenty of meat left by the extractor, there's a good 1/16" or so of shadow underneath the RMR making it look cut closer than it really is.

Dem front serrations tho...

26 Inf
09-28-14, 22:37
As a previous poster pointed out, Google "Armsdorf Banned" and "PTMccain Banned" (same person). Then judge for yourself where the common denominator lies.

It will all make sense.

I looked at several of those threads and see some issues....some issues....some issues....some issues....

What really surprised me (no not really) was the amount of bandwidth that was used discussing ptmccain. Some of US might need to get lives.

Another thing I've noticed on forums is a trend that once one of the 'kewl guys' jumps on everyone does. It is just the nature of the beast.

I read a couple of the thread histories of folks getting the most righteous and indignant about this and was going to comment, but then I read some of my former posts and thought, hmm, take the plank out of your eye dude.

I'm thinking we should let this one go, no need for life support.

VIP3R 237
09-28-14, 22:37
To be fair, there looks to be plenty of meat left by the extractor, there's a good 1/16" or so of shadow underneath the RMR making it look cut closer than it really is.

This is why I prefer the RMR to be towards the shooter and the rear in front towards the muzzle.

opmike
09-28-14, 23:39
What role do you find yourself placing this particular handgun into?

captdreifus
09-29-14, 01:12
To be cool?

If that Glock makes you happy OP...then all is good, I suppose.

Wake27
09-29-14, 01:15

I thought it was a gap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beschatten
09-29-14, 05:19
Did Clark Customs start doing Glock work now?

Just kidding. Enjoy the pistol OPie. Im a little weirded out by the front serrations though... seems like it wasn't milled to the same depth? Or a little jagged? Could be shadows though.

I'm pretty sure we've all made worse financial decisions then a custom gun...no need to get our knickers all twisted up.

ptmccain
09-29-14, 06:23
What role do you find yourself placing this particular handgun into?

I find myself placing this particular handgun in my CCW appendix carry holster and I have an identical one in my ankle holster and a third in my IWB holster.

Airhasz
09-29-14, 07:20
I find myself placing this particular handgun in my CCW appendix carry holster and I have an identical one in my ankle holster and a third in my IWB holster.

I'd open carry that bad boy...

JBecker 72
09-29-14, 07:27
I'd open carry that bad boy...

In a race holster

ptmccain
09-29-14, 07:28
When I open carry it, I wear it as an amulet.

TMS951
09-29-14, 08:26
Glad you are excited about your new toy. I would have been very disappointed to get my new frame back wrecked like that. It is very unattractive to me. As is the front serration's going through the logo.

Couple of questions for you:

Did you and the smith sit down and discuss having him melt the frame like that?, if so to what end?

Did the smith give you options about the front serration's and the logo? Like the option to not go through the logo on that portion of the serration's or to remove them first?

Ultimately I agree with most of the disparaging remarks in this thread both about the gun and the smith. But I am interested in if these things that happened were something you were aware of were going to happen?

I am also interested in what the purpose of this build were? I basically see a race gun, but with a thread barrel and talk of a suppressor. Kind of seems like two things at odds with each other, unless you can now use cans in USPSA?

opmike
09-29-14, 09:00

Cute.

richiecotite
09-29-14, 11:44
Looks cool to me. Long as it works for OP ( and as long as it works)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

samuse
09-29-14, 18:02
Just looks like a race gun to me. Most competitive shooters don't give a damn what it looks like, as long as goes fast.

I like the cocking serrations through the logo.

doodi1
09-29-14, 18:27
Hey PT, are you going to do a video about this pistol?

ptmccain
09-30-14, 09:14
Hey PT, are you going to do a video about this pistol?

Eventually.

Talon167
09-30-14, 14:01
Be sure to post a link in a new thread.

ptmccain
09-30-14, 14:39
Will do, just for you, cupcake.

Airhasz
09-30-14, 15:25
Will do, just for you, cupcake.

Damn, your morphing into the M4 Whipping Boy, :secret:

JeremyW
09-30-14, 16:10
Man, at the beginning of this thread I thought you guys were being an A-Hole to this guy. All I could see that he did wrong was not post his new gun in the pic thread where it belonged. If he thought his gun looked professionaly done and was proud of it, who's to say other wise. However, after checking him out on the World Wide Web, it would seem as if he is kinda an attention whore. Maybe he is shilling and maybe he is not. I have noticed that on this website there are some real bully type people here. I guess everyone is a tuff guy from the safety of there home behind a computer. There are some great and knowleable people on this website and some not so great and knowleable people here. I find myself asking is this how we behave in polite society?

ptmccain
09-30-14, 16:11
Jeremy, it's just a gun forum and just your typical gun forum drama. Kind of amusing when you think about it. :)

JeremyW
09-30-14, 16:16
ptmccain, that may be so, but I don't like to see personal attacks on anyone. This hole thread could have and should have been handled better by everyone involved. I will say nothing more...

C4IGrant
09-30-14, 16:18
Jeremy, it's just a gun forum and just your typical gun forum drama. Kind of amusing when you think about it. :)

Got to be honest, not really. M4C has some of the lowest "gun drama" of any forum equal to it its size IMHO.

My employees, friends and the mods/staff read your posts and are wonder if you don't realize your going to get hammered on what you post or just don't care. If you don't realize it, then there isn't much anyone can do to save you from yourself. If you don't care, my guess is your days are numbered on here. Since you are running out of forums to post on, you might want to re-think this tactic.

C4

ptmccain
09-30-14, 16:58
Grant, et al. I welcome constructive criticism, respectfully offered.

Personal insults tend not to be as helpful.

But, always willing to learn.

TMS951
09-30-14, 17:20

Based on this thread I did the google thing, and wow, you've been banned from more gun forums than I ever even visited. What did you learn from all of those experiences?

list from another forum:
SOCNET: Banned
CMP: Banned
Benelliusa forum: Banned
M4Carbine: Banned I guess you have been banned here previously
Calguns: Banned
M14forum: Banned
Guns & Ammo: Banned
Pistol Forum: Banned
Shooter's Forum: Banned
Ruger Pistol forum: Banned
1911forum: Banned

You may not have impressed me with your gun knowledge, but you have with that list.

My search has led me to conclude it is not "typical gun forum drama" it is 'typical ptmccain drama', I think from inside you bubble and from being surrounded by so much self inflicted drama you are unable to tell the difference.

matt7184
09-30-14, 17:44
I'm still curious, but did you actually pay out of pocket for this work?

WillBrink
09-30-14, 17:59
Based on this thread I did the google thing,

Is there a master list where it lists banned people? Never heard of some of those.

punkey71
09-30-14, 18:04
For some lonely people, negative attention is better than the alternative, which is no attention at all.

It's the sad reality and I take no joy in saying it.

Just let this go folks. Your constructive criticism will be argued without rational rebuttal. Your insults will be reason for him to continue engaging.

He's not a malicious Troll. He's an accidental Troll. He is absolutely brilliant at it and doesn't even realize it.

Just let it go.

My search has led me to conclude it is not "typical gun forum drama" it is 'typical ptmccain drama', I think from inside you bubble and from being surrounded by so much self inflicted drama you are unable to tell the difference.

JBecker 72
09-30-14, 18:21
Based on this thread I did the google thing, and wow, you've been banned from more gun forums than I ever even visited. What did you learn from all of those experiences?

list from another forum:
SOCNET: Banned
CMP: Banned
Benelliusa forum: Banned
M4Carbine: Banned I guess you have been banned here previously
Calguns: Banned
M14forum: Banned
Guns & Ammo: Banned
Pistol Forum: Banned
Shooter's Forum: Banned
Ruger Pistol forum: Banned
1911forum: Banned

You may not have impressed me with your gun knowledge, but you have with that list.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/cd/cd1d8701698bb491cef51324437efb58847a3dfde23fbe152267200b771b61d4.jpg

The_Watcher
09-30-14, 18:33
For some lonely people, negative attention is better than the alternative, which is no attention at all.

It's the sad reality and I take no joy in saying it.

Just let this go folks. Your constructive criticism will be argued without rational rebuttal. Your insults will be reason for him to continue engaging.

He's not a malicious Troll. He's an accidental Troll. He is absolutely brilliant at it and doesn't even realize it.

Just let it go.

Thanks for posting this. It brought the entire experience full circle for me as i witnessed two of the bannings on two other sites. I feel bad for him now.

platoonDaddy
09-30-14, 18:49
Dang, how about closing this thread!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/slickville/closeThread_zps00c8d179.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/slickville/media/closeThread_zps00c8d179.jpg.html)

RHINOWSO
09-30-14, 19:34
M4Carbine: Banned I guess you have been banned here previouslySeveral times, actually.

Hayseed
09-30-14, 19:35
Thanks for posting this. It brought the entire experience full circle for me as i witnessed two of the bannings on two other sites. I feel bad for him now.
Don't feel bad, he insulted him in a really creative way.

I am curious too if you actually sat down with the smith and discussed if you actually wanted the gun to turn out the way it actually did. But I feel that that won't be answered as this thread (rightfully so?) went full off the track derail. I get race gun owners don't care about looks... But if you can avoid owning a stick of butter that shoots well I imagine you would have a nice looking gun that shoots well.

Zim
09-30-14, 20:26
Still want to know if you paid for this, or if you're doing a terrible job shilling this garbage.

ptmccain
09-30-14, 21:02
Still want to know if you paid for this, or if you're doing a terrible job shilling this garbage.

You are just full of question.

Answers:

Yes
No

C4IGrant
10-01-14, 09:28

Yes, constructive criticism should always be welcomed. With that said, you have a long history of stirring the pot with less than knowledgeable /quality posts. That is why you get the personal insults (incase you weren't aware).

C4

VIP3R 237
10-01-14, 09:53
I understand the op is not held in high regard with many. however personal attacks and insults are still against the forum rules. The fact that it's been let go for so long it's kind of embarrassing for the forum as a whole. I think it's time to lock it down.

Yes, constructive criticism should always be welcomed. With that said, you have a long history of stirring the pot with less than knowledgeable /quality posts. That is why you get the personal insults (incase you weren't aware).

C4

TMS951
10-01-14, 10:14

Point taken, I never really realized that. But in looking at his persona in total I agree. I'm just going to put him on my ignore list for now.

Hopefully he'll just end up banned, accidental or not, he still is disruptive and still makes plenty of inaccurate statements while framing himself as a knowledgable firearms reviewer.