PDA

View Full Version : LV Woman shoots stalker in chest

Koshinn
09-27-14, 16:46
Saw this on FB at first and wasn't sure if it was real... the source was reddit and imgur.

http://bearingarms.com/holy-sht-survived-woman-shoots-elusive-stalker-tormented-six-months-bares-soul-online/

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense-follow-up/follow-up-woman-who-shot-stalker-in-the-chest-posts-chilling-account-online/

But then I found some LV local news covered it too:

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26635005/pd-woman-shoots-ex-boyfriend-during-home-invasion

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/26634920/breaking-news-man-shot-after-entering-womans-home

So a few days ago, this was posted on reddit by the woman:

For the past 6 months I have been relentlessly stalked and had threats against my life made from someone I dated for a month. It started with phone calls upwards of 45-50 a day, 50 page text messages and him showing up outside of my house at 5 am. When I wouldn’t not comply or feed the negative attention I began to receive threats, claims that he would murder me and get away with it, all he would have to do is flee the country. Telling me he shouldn’t have to force me to be his friend or give him another chance or else. Every time I blocked his number from contacting me, he would then call me from different ones, try and pretend to be other people or have his friends or sometimes even random strangers he’d ask on the street( I once scared a unsuspecting guy half to death after informing him that the person who had just told him to call me was actually stalking me and I sent him proof, he ended up calling the police on him. He fled of coarse) After about 2 months of that I was evicted from my apartment building due to my neighbors no longer feeling safe because of his looming presence. I then applied for and was granted a TPO, A few days afterwards I received a picture message of the note the SHeriff Civil had left on the door of my Stalkers-then residence with a message taunting me that “What you are trying to do was stupid and a restraining order is just a piece of paper.” So ultimately he just ended up avoiding the process server and simple as that, I was not being protected at all.
May 31st of this year I relocated. This did not deter my stalker. He vowed to find wherever I moved to and threatened that if he couldn’t find me he would be able to find my family and then proceeded to send me a map of my mother’s home whom he had never met. I received a message from a woman claiming to be my former landlord, letting me know that I owed a balance on my account and to avoid late fees I needed to pay the amount which I could do with the link provided in the message. Turns out it was my stalker pretending to be a woman and the link turned out to be a tool used to grab the user’s IP address when the click the link. Upon this discovery I changed my phone number and began to systematically dismantle any trace of an online presence I once had. This action only seemed to anger him and before deleting the profiles outright I would attempt to block him from contacting me. Each and every time I blocked one he simply created a new one and proceed to contact me as if nothing had happened. 12 different reddit accounts, 9 different tumblrs, 10 different imstagrams, 3 meetup accounts, 4 facebooks (with which he changed his location to that of my hometown and proceeded to add nearly everyone from my graduating class in high school) and even 3 Duolingo accounts and myspace. Yes. MySpace.

Then yesterday, he kicked in her door, and she shot him. He survived apparently but is in custody. She then posted this:

I’m writing this staring at the mess the police left for me, in a bit of a fog. After 6 months of stalking and threats against my life my stalker finally snapped and decided to kick my door in and make good on his promise. Out of fear, the past month I had begun sleeping with a chair propped against my front door, to give myself a few extra precious seconds in case of emergency. I shudder to think how differently things might’ve turned out had I not barricaded the door. I awoke around 115 am to the sound of the door giving way after one kick followed by the sounds of my stalker struggling to dislodge the chair while forcing his way inside. I jumped up and grabbed the gun I’ve learned to do everything even shower with.
I stood at the top of my stairs and fired twice. Hitting him in the chest, I hear his scream, his disbelief that I’d stood up for myself.. 0 to 100 in milliseconds. I’ve never been so afraid in my life. I do not know if he is living, but I do know the police have him and that’s what helps the most. For months of him evading the police I began to question whether he was unstoppable. Untraceable. Houdini, he would murder me and get away with it. As of now I’m in a haze of guilt, surprise, relief and disbelief. I shook as the canines drag him out from his hiding place under a bush. I survived, where so many people do not. Holy shit, I survived.

TL;DR - Woman stalked for 6 months, posts about it on reddit, a day or two later the stalker kicks in her door, she shoots him and he survives but is arrested. Guns save lives.

lunchbox
09-27-14, 17:11
Kinda makes me think of that anti-gun commercial, but the opposite....:D
This one http://youtu.be/SUAL6ie1ufc

Koshinn
09-27-14, 17:17
I forgot about that commercial.

Yeah that basically happened, but she had the gun. I obviously don't agree with anti-gun groups, but c'mon... making that commercial was retarded if they want to push anti-gun legislation.

WillBrink
09-27-14, 17:21
TL;DR - Woman stalked for 6 months, posts about it on reddit, a day or two later the stalker kicks in her door, she shoots him and he survives but is arrested. Guns save lives.

But what happened to it being taken away and used against her and other BS mythology by anti gun groups? Moms against common sense will deny this ever happened....

montanadave
09-27-14, 17:21
If there's any validity to this story, the woman needs to get an attorney and STAY THE **** OFF SOCIAL MEDIA.

Koshinn
09-27-14, 17:24
If there's any validity to this story, the woman needs to get an attorney and STAY THE **** OFF SOCIAL MEDIA.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter at this point.

She had a restraining order iirc, there is damage to her door showing B&E, there are bullet holes in the door from where she shot the guy, he was caught close by.

A pretty open and shut case of self-defense and/or castle doctrine/SYG.

T2C
09-27-14, 17:29

I have to agree with this post. The less you say about a shooting incident, the less a prosecutor or plaintiff's attorney has to use against you.

Eurodriver
09-27-14, 17:50
Absolutely nothing wrong with posting about it on social media if you avoid "I was hoping he did this, and I'm glad he did" comments.

ptmccain
09-27-14, 17:55
Glad she stopped the threat. Now somebody tell her to shut up already.

Moose-Knuckle
09-27-14, 18:10
Reading the OP it sounds like a hoax. Don't know what the laws are in NV but sounds like he could/should have been charged with harassment, terroristic threats, stalking, retaliation, etc.

Koshinn
09-27-14, 18:18
Reading the OP it sounds like a hoax. Don't know what the laws are in NV but sounds like he could/should have been charged with harassment, terroristic threats, stalking, retaliation, etc.

I thought so too, but the Fox5 link in the OP has Fox5's TV story that includes interviews with a neighbor and las vegas metro police, screenshots of the stalking/harassment, the imgur link, and the survival of the stalker.

J-Dub
09-27-14, 20:04
I've personally typed up PC Affidavits with far less PC than what was described in the OP...and had warrants issued for those pc affs for stalking.....

I cant help but think she either didn't seek help, or didn't document anything, or its bullshit. There is no judge in this country that would not grant an order of protection based on what was posted in the OP. Then dude would be in jail every time he contacted her in any way.....

This stinks.

SilverBullet432
09-27-14, 21:19
Kinda makes me think of that anti-gun commercial, but the opposite....:D
This one http://youtu.be/SUAL6ie1ufc

I feel a lil bit stupider now. That commercial went full retard.

Don Robison
09-27-14, 21:28
I've personally typed up PC Affidavits with far less PC than what was described in the OP...and had warrants issued for those pc affs for stalking.....

I cant help but think she either didn't seek help, or didn't document anything, or its bullshit. There is no judge in this country that would not grant an order of protection based on what was posted in the OP. Then dude would be in jail every time he contacted her in any way.....

This stinks.

She had one in place according to the news article.

Honu
09-27-14, 21:33
can hear the liberal idiots I know on Facebook now !
she should have just peed on herself
or act like she enjoyed being raped ?
what if that gun was used against her !!!!

you know what the radical left thinks you should do

to bad he was able to run away :) and wish we heard more stories like this :)