PDA

View Full Version : NEW SIGHTS

newguy
09-27-14, 21:57
Got new glock mod22 gen 4.
Factory sights line up great front fits perfect in rear no play at all, no having to try and center front in rear sight.
I want to put some night sights on it. Any suggestions? I want something close to factory as far as the front sight not moving around in rear sight.

sasage
09-30-14, 11:59
How about some factory night sights?http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-Factory-Night-Sights-65mm-Green_Green/productinfo/GNS01/

onado2000
09-30-14, 17:54
Check out the Ameriglo pro sights with orange luminescent paint. Looks like a red dot sight in daylight. Very bright tritium at night. IMO way better and brighter than Trijicon. Rear sight allows for racking slide one handed, much easier than my truglo and trijicon sights.

Straight Shooter
09-30-14, 22:52
AMERIGLO CAP...or TCAP.

mballz23
10-02-14, 04:41
I like my Trijicon HDs on my block. I have the orange front and they're similar to the Ameriglo pro sights because they have the phosphorescent paint on the front sight, it really does look like a red dot during the day. They are a "U" rear sight as opposed to the box but I think the U lines up faster. In my unprofessional train of thought your eye picks up the ROUND dot up front and puts it in the U in the rear, as opposed to a circle in a box. And the rear sight has a shelf for one handed manipulation.

MegademiC
10-05-14, 18:58
Got new glock mod22 gen 4.
Factory sights line up great front fits perfect in rear no play at all, no having to try and center front in rear sight.
I want to put some night sights on it. Any suggestions? I want something close to factory as far as the front sight not moving around in rear sight.

Can you reword this? I don't understand about not moving in rear. What do you want the sights for, carry/defensive use? Competition?

VT1032
10-05-14, 19:30
AMERIGLO CAP...or TCAP.

I'll second this. They get mixed reviews but I personally can't say enough good things about these. They're compact, bright, allow slide racking, and aren't 3 dot. On top of that, they can be had for under $70. I've got matching "lime green" ones on my G19 and G26.

Trijicon HD's are really nice sights, but they are twice the cost too. I wouldn't want to run them on a smaller gun either as they stick out too much. A lot of people speak highly of the Ameriglo Hackathorns as well, but I have no experience with them so I can't say.

kevN
10-05-14, 20:29
About once a week someone posts this.

Look at options for first hand as there are a lot of options and it's very personal preference.

Ameriglo, Dawson, Heinie, 10/8, and Trijicon are all well made. I would encourage you to invest in an MGW sight pusher as well.

splittime
10-06-14, 15:25
Check out new Battlehook (http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/battlehook.html) sights from Henning, very nice sights

opmike
10-06-14, 16:48
I want something close to factory as far as the front sight not moving around in rear sight.

What?

Also, asking us what sight you should be is like asking us what girl you should date. While there's some basic guidelines, ultimately, the choice is personal and you'll undoubtedly go through various combinations until you decide on on you like the best. Responses to these types of threads will invariably be people just giving you suggestions about the sights they prefer. What they like may not be what you like.

Me personally? I don't like anything on the rear sight except for some serrations. Up front I want fiber optic or a tritium dot with a painted surround. All my Blocks use the Ameriglo Hackathons. It took me quite a bit of trial and error to decide that this is the layout I like the best for a carry gun. My "target/competition" preference is black-on-black or FO front.

Three dot sights are a plague.