PDA

View Full Version : Best budget 10"-11" upper?

JG007
09-27-14, 22:58
It may be for a gift, recommendation, or possibly an AR pistol

anything better bang for your buck than this for $365?

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/complete/complete-uppers/m4e1-complete-upper-receiver-105-fsb-barrel.html

tostado22
09-27-14, 23:02
BCM is still including a free BCG with a complete upper. I think their basic 11.5" hammer forged upper is $515-525. Can't beat a deal like that

JG007
09-27-14, 23:10
good point, especially the standard for $439

eodinert
09-28-14, 00:45
Palmetto State Armory has some really good deals pretty often.

Sign up for their emails, move quick when they have what you want, and don't be in too big of a hurry for them to ship and you'll be a happy camper.

amd5007
09-28-14, 08:11
Palmetto had a sale on their 10.5" upper with bolt carrier group for $399 a few months ago. They do that every once in a while. I owned one for a few months and shot about 300 rounds through it while I had it. I sold it to get an LMT but it was a good upper for the limited time I owned it. I wouldn't have a problem recommending it to someone wanting to build a sbr cheaply.

HardToHandle
09-28-14, 17:43
Consider JSE Surplus for the low side of the budget. Solid upper assembly and good warranty, but no brand name sourcing of parts.

firefighter37
09-28-14, 17:46
BCM or LMT can be had pretty cheap if you look around. I have both and they have been flawless.

Iraqgunz
09-29-14, 02:45
JSE is garbage. I just got to examine one of their piece of shit uppers. Rifle length barrel, midlength gas system with a HUGE gas port and aluminum gas block.

NFA stuff isn't cheap. Get a properly built upper or leave it alone.

ptmccain
09-29-14, 05:59
I'd respectfully recommend you remove "budget" from your quest for a SBR. Check with Grant here on the forum about his BCM lowers. He offers a member discount.

DreadPirateMoyer
09-29-14, 06:23
I'd respectfully recommend you remove "budget" from your quest for a SBR. Check with Grant here on the forum about his BCM lowers. He offers a member discount.

He asked for advice on uppers, not lowers.

OP, stick with BCM. High quality, and running a great sale right now (free BCG). Buy a good upper or don't buy anything at all.

ptmccain
09-29-14, 06:37
Same advice, remove "budget" from quest for SBR upper.

Eurodriver
09-29-14, 06:43
I got a blemished BCM upper with BCG and CH for $440. Those are the deals to wait for!

mig1nc
09-30-14, 04:56
I got a blemished BCM upper with BCG and CH for $440. Those are the deals to wait for!

Hells yeah. Those blem deals are the way to go.

But hey, $439 with a free good quality BCG is a great deal too. Think about it like buying a $339 upper and a $100 BCG. Where else can you find such quality at a price like that?

I'd say the second best is probably the PSA uppers with the FN barrels. All of the PSA hammer forged barrels are FN and good to go. I have a PSA BCG in one of my uppers and never had a problem with it.

B Cart
09-30-14, 12:42
I'd say the second best is probably the PSA uppers with the FN barrels. All of the PSA hammer forged barrels are FN and good to go. I have a PSA BCG in one of my uppers and never had a problem with it.

I have a PSA upper with their 11" SQR rail and FN cold hammer forged 12" barrel and it has been awesome. This is the one I got, and it was $420 at the time http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/barreled-upper-assemblies/psa/5-56-nato-223/sbr-14-7/psa-12-chf-5-56-sqr-11-premium-upper-with-m16-bolt-carrier-group-and-charging-handle.html

That said, I don't think you can beat the BCM blem uppers for the quality at a decent price, especially if BCM is including a free BCG

Grizzly16
09-30-14, 13:05
BCM upper. I built one a while back using a bcm 11.5 light weight upper and got the free BCG for the best deal going. Until I decide on a rail system is wearing the new slimline MOE handguards and I really like the extend grip to keep my fingers of a nice hot gas block.

mig1nc
09-30-14, 17:36
Somebody call congress, everybody on a gun board agrees on something! 😱

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jesuvuah
09-30-14, 18:48
If you need to stay around your budget, I would suggest the PSA with a CHF barrel. I have owned a couple of their 10.5" CHF uppers and still own and use one and it has never given me a problem. If money is no object, then I would go with the 11" KMR.

TehLlama
09-30-14, 20:23
If you need to stay around your budget, I would suggest the PSA with a CHF barrel. I have owned a couple of their 10.5" CHF uppers and still own and use one and it has never given me a problem. If money is no object, then I would go with the 11" KMR.

If you're constrained by budget for yourself, then just go used (LMT, Colt 6933 uppers, etc.).
If it's a gift, just get a quality upper, BCG, CH, maybe some other parts, and an ADCO Gift certificate to cover assembly. As odd as the second suggestions sounds on a gift, that means whoever you're getting it for can put their budget towards the exact barrel/handguard combination they want, running top notch components.

JG007
10-02-14, 17:30
BCM 11.5 with magpul handguard it is!

and what started off as looking into an option to suggest for a buddy, or a trust/part owner gift............became my new sbr and eventual back up

funny how that happens

tostado22
10-02-14, 18:37
Good deal! I'm currently build my own "high speed" SBR upper, but after that I plan on a BCM 11.5 KISS upper with only irons