PDA

View Full Version : Magpul sights question

LDB
09-29-14, 10:15
I'm starting out with plain sights and later will add an optic. Is this a good set to go with? If not, what should I be looking for?

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-sets/ar-15-m16-mbus-gen-2-sight-set-black-sku100006941-44044-99529.aspx?sku=100-006-941?cm_mmc=Email-_-External%20Parters-_-AR15com-_-AR15-Sale

ryantx23
09-29-14, 10:24
Nothing at all wrong with them. If you have the funds, I would go with the MBUS PRO's though. They are very nice and more durable.

Blak1508
09-29-14, 19:18
Not to mention lower profile. Out of the iron sight scene my top in order 1. Troy 2.Magpul MBUS PRO 3. KAC Micro 600 Meter flip sights

What is your intended purpose for this AR? How often will you be shooting it? The Magpul MBUS are great, my top are based on personal preference and usage.

nate89
09-29-14, 19:35
They are good to go. If you aren't planning on adding an Optic for awhile, you may want to look at something that is fixed, like the Daniel Defense sights. I have an A2 post on my rifle, but am using the DD fixed rear sight and have been very happy with it. The set will cost you a bit more that the Magpuls, but just another option to consider, especially if your irons will by your only sights for the time being.

LDB
09-29-14, 20:20
It's going to be a 25-100 yards/meter "just for fun" gun for me. Once it goes to my grandson in 20 years or so it may change purposes.

wildcard600
09-29-14, 20:27
The polymer Magpul sights are excellent in my experience and have held up quite well in the torture tests I have seen online.

I'm very happy with mine and have no plans to change them out. For the price I feel they are impossible to beat.

Blak1508
09-29-14, 20:32
your fine with the MBUS. IF not the MBUS PROs are always a good option and you can always sell the MBUS on here or other. If you want to test the MBUS PRO next to the Mbus I can send you my set of MBUS PROs unfortunately I do not have the MBUS though. For optic depending on your eyes the Aimpoint PRO is a great inexpensive optic for the quality you are getting but it is unmagnified, it is still a tremendous upgrade.

If you want to try them just PM me and I will send them out. You just pay return shipping when your finished.

LDB
09-29-14, 20:54
That is an extremely generous offer and I appreciate it. I ordered the set on sale from Brownell's. I'll try them a while and if I don't like them I'll try something else. The Aimpoint is on the suspect list for an optic.

Iraqgunz
09-29-14, 23:45
As was mentioned previously, there is no need to start a new thread for every single new thought or question that comes up. A quick search about Magpul sights or sights in general.