PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted! Thorsden Customs AR Pistol Buffer tube cover/CAA Saddle.

blgjr64
09-29-14, 11:00
Considering a pistol build.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Havnt seen much on here about them. Liking the looks a little more than the Sig SB-15 brace and from what I hear these have a better cheek weld. But I would like to hear y'all's input/experience (and opinions) on these devices.

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/shop/AR-PISTOL/p/ENHANCED-AR-PISTOL-BUILDERS-PACKAGE-x3607311.htm

http://www.hausofguns.com/2014/07/14/thordsen-custom-ar-15-pistol-builders-package/

Thanks

ABNAK
09-29-14, 13:47
I bought one of the Thordesn complete kits almost a year ago. I haven't installed it yet, just sitting in my parts box basically as a reserve. If the Sig brace is ever nixed by ATF then I'll have the Thordsen to throw on.

zombiescometh
09-29-14, 13:50
One thing to consider is it does add about 1.5" to the overall length.

LastRites
09-29-14, 17:08
One thing to consider is it does add about 1.5" to the overall length.

The brace may with the right tube but the Thorsden only adds if I recall correctly about .25" to .5" and even then it would likely not be considered if someone wanted to measure it properly for true OAL.

zombiescometh
09-29-14, 17:20
The brace may with the right tube but the Thorsden only adds if I recall correctly about .25" to .5" and even then it would likely not be considered if someone wanted to measure it properly for true OAL.
Sorry should have added that the review I read was comparing it against his phase 5 buffer tube.
Also if you live in a state like mine that has no guidelines or rules on how to measure the oal you could get screwed.

MistWolf
09-29-14, 23:54
Why do you need to worry about OAL for a pistol?

LastRites
09-30-14, 17:05
Why do you need to worry about OAL for a pistol?

If one is wanting to add a vertical grip to turn the pistol in a "firearm" it is legal to do so, and then remove it and it becomes a pistol again, if the OAL is greater than 26". Some states have OAL issues and most measure from the rear of the receiver extension to the end of the muzzle less flash hider or comp unless they are pinned/welded. And I doubt that the Thorsden cover is going to count in that measurement.