PDA

View Full Version : FAA Fire in Chicago

TAZ
09-29-14, 18:28
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/26/fire-at-suburban-chicago-control-site-stops-ohare-midway-flights/

Anyone in the area know more about this. Seems guy facing transfer to Hawaii (horror of horrors) set a fire and then tried to kill himself. Took Ohare down for a while.

J-Dub
09-29-14, 19:24
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/26/fire-at-suburban-chicago-control-site-stops-ohare-midway-flights/

Anyone in the area know more about this. Seems guy facing transfer to Hawaii (horror of horrors) set a fire and then tried to kill himself. Took Ohare down for a while.

lol transfer to Hawaii....wtf is wrong with that? Sign me up!!!

Whiskey_Bravo
09-29-14, 21:17

You will need to leave your guns here though.

Mauser KAR98K
09-30-14, 00:24

Special Ed from Crank Yankers: "I'm going to Hawaii, nooooo!!!"

Iraqgunz
09-30-14, 01:45
It screwed me up on the way to Cleveland and I as I was flying back today apparently it was still causing issues.

T2C
09-30-14, 02:50
It will be about 2 weeks before O'Hare is back to normal. I would not book a flight that passes through there within the next 10 days or so.

SomeOtherGuy
09-30-14, 08:51
You will need to leave your guns here though.

Only handgun mags over 10 rounds... I don't think anything else is banned there. And judging from the guy's actions he probably neither owned nor should own firearms anyway.

BBossman
09-30-14, 16:27

Living in HI isn't like vacationing in HI. When my former employer started doing business in HI, folks were fighting for transfers, 18 months later folks were fighting to transfer back to the mainland.

After two years of this, it was considered a hardship post and they upped the money to attract folks... and you had to agree to a minimum of three years. I think it was mostly being trapped on a rock with no where close by but other rocks.

I did several 2-3 week stretches on special projects and enjoyed it the first time, after that the "newness" wore off. Some folks loved it and are still there ten years later.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Ledanek
09-30-14, 16:36
Living in HI isn't like vacationing in HI. When my former employer started doing business in HI, folks were fighting for transfers, 18 months later folks were fighting to transfer back to the mainland.
After two years of this, it was considered a hardship post and they upped the money to attract folks... and you had to agree to a minimum of three years. I think it was mostly being trapped on a rock with no where close by but other rocks.
I did several 2-3 week stretches on special projects and enjoyed it the first time, after that the "newness" wore off. Some folks loved it and are still there ten years later.

This.

I figure this guy had a valid reason not to be transferred, maybe a newborn, or his family means more than paradise. Maybe he has a kid in Napeville School that is doing well or better than HI education system. My bro who lived in HI, is not impressed with their school.

Not sure what kind of leadership is behind that trigger that response, but, I guess we will never know.

Having no kids, I'd take it in a heartbeat...wife is even packed already.

We were late 2hrs in Denver, which I didn't mind because Denver weather was amazing. Better than Chicago.

BBossman
09-30-14, 16:43
This.

I figure this guy had a valid reason not to be transferred, maybe a newborn, or his family means more than paradise. Maybe he has a kid in Napeville School that is doing well or better than HI education system. My bro who lived in HI, is not impressed with their school.

Not sure what kind of leadership is behind that trigger that response, but, I guess we will never know.

Having no kids, I'd take it in a heartbeat...wife is even packed already.

We were late 2hrs in Denver, which I didn't mind because Denver weather was amazing. Better than Chicago.

LOL... I was living in Chicagoland during the time I was making trips to HI, so yes the change in weather was welcome.