PDA

View Full Version : Looking down the bore of my Noveske...

billybronco
06-18-08, 17:18
N4 Recce, it resembles the traditional lands and grooves rifling.

Now, I'm FAR from an expert; however, in examining Glock and HK barrels, there seems to be more of a "twisting" than there is true rifling.

Shouldn't these "polygonal" rifle bores look at least similar to the above mentioned pistol bores or am I just way off base?

billybronco
06-18-08, 17:59
Ahhhhh.....I see.

Amazing how he obtains the accuracy he does with "dull edges" if you will.

CLHC
06-18-08, 18:09
Pictures? :cool:

Ventura
06-18-08, 19:46
I think the N4 Recce's are traditional lands and groove rifling.

N4LtRecce
06-18-08, 20:47
The Recce doesn't have a polygonal bore, and it's not advertised as having one.

mark5pt56
06-18-08, 21:15
The Recce doesn't have a polygonal bore, and it's not advertised as having one.

right o

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=un4lrbvis&cat=48&page=1&search=&since=&status=

K.L. Davis
06-18-08, 22:20
Some crappy info.. (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=756)

Worth at least what you pay for it :p

billybronco
06-19-08, 07:54
Okay, so what many think (myself included) is Polygonal rifling (HK, Glock bores) is actually Ratchet Rifling and the Noveske bores are mfg using a technique called Radius rifling (true polygonal)....

Correct?

QUOTE - "A more and more popular rifling that uses somewhat conventional lands and grooves, but with the radiused corners, is called Radius or Polygonal rifling. Looking down the bore, it looks rather like conventional riling... but under close inspection, one can see that the normally square corners are rounded and smooth".

C4IGrant
06-19-08, 08:45
I think the N4 Recce's are traditional lands and groove rifling.

Correct.

C4

K.L. Davis
06-19-08, 23:13
Okay, so what many think (myself included) is Polygonal rifling (HK, Glock bores) is actually Ratchet Rifling and the Noveske bores are mfg using a technique called Radius rifling (true polygonal)....

Correct?

QUOTE - "A more and more popular rifling that uses somewhat conventional lands and grooves, but with the radiused corners, is called Radius or Polygonal rifling. Looking down the bore, it looks rather like conventional riling... but under close inspection, one can see that the normally square corners are rounded and smooth".

Not quite... The HK/Glock bore that you refer to has a bore that is shaped like a Stop Sign (give or take some sides). Radius rifling is more like regular old rifling, but the normally square corners and edges are rounded... Ratchet rifling (also called Canted Rifling) is just that, think of lands that lean to one side, given more engagement on one side of the land than the other.

Rogue7a
06-19-08, 23:17
Some crappy info.. (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=756)

Worth at least what you pay for it :p

Chief,
Go to bed.. lol

K.L. Davis
06-19-08, 23:29
Chief,
Go to bed.. lol
Roger that... I needs my beauty sleep.

Rogue7a
06-19-08, 23:55
Roger that... I needs my beauty sleep.

Dude I have been through so many time zones I cannot even think straight.

Why doesn't noveski make some replacement 416 barrels?

They could make a killing and save tax dollars from units having to fly to germany to get them.

Legal to import whole gun

Illeagl to import barrel

Gotta love Colt for holding onto that ban

Tspeis
06-20-08, 00:23
Dude I have been through so many time zones I cannot even think straight.

Why doesn't noveski make some replacement 416 barrels?

They could make a killing and save tax dollars from units having to fly to germany to get them.

Legal to import whole gun

Illeagl to import barrel

Gotta love Colt for holding onto that ban

Because HK will be making replacement barrels, along with complete 416's right here in the US.

Tspeis