PDA

View Full Version : Help my son w homework, pro 2A image

FlyingHunter
09-30-14, 17:17
My sons class has been assigned a project due this Friday. He's in 10th grade and the teacher request an image, without any words or letters, only an image to make a supportive and persuasive argument on behalf of any "controversial" current topic. He chose the Second Amendment. He will then speak before the class to support the 2A while using the image as a reference. There will be pro and con debate and he is graded on his ability to make clear, convincing, and persuasive points in support of the 2A. To get an A, half the class must agree with his view.

I actually considered using a picture of him running his G19 like a boss at our last competition, but I think we need an image with broader appeal.

So let's see your images. Remember image only, no words or letters in the picture.
Thanks fellow M4C crew.

wildcard600
09-30-14, 17:43
how about a picture of a women defending herself with a firearm ?

Moose-Knuckle
09-30-14, 17:48
All mine are too graphic for a modern HS class. Chinese firing squads, holocaust, gulags, et al.

.46caliber
09-30-14, 18:04
Oleg Volk is a photographer who shoots for some firearm brands. He also does a bit of a 2A blog. Check it out.

Valiant quest, particularly in the realm of academia. I wish the young man well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SilverBullet432
09-30-14, 18:05
how about a picture of a women defending herself with a firearm ?

Second this.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-30-14, 18:33
Or a side-by-side of that pic and a woman laying fisheyed on the floor with a restraining order with a blood stain footprint on it. Something emphasizing contrast.

I think it has to be woman defending herself- no Orwelian or zombie theme.

A guy attacking with a overhead knife attack with a silhouette of a gun (with post and rear U sight) lined up towards the bottom the picture. The attacker has an "I just crapped my pants look".

Outside guns- Hell, a picture of an American flag or just a white four person family is pretty much 'racist' nowadays.

Have your son hold an iPad like he is looking at it and have you dressed in a dark suit and tie with dark glasses on the back side with your ear to it, taking notes. Use a stethoscope if getting it to line up is too hard. I'm thinking like agent Smith imagery.

Caeser25
09-30-14, 18:40
Or a side-by-side of that pic and a woman laying fisheyed on the floor with a restraining order with a blood stain footprint on it. Something emphasizing contrast.

I think it has to be woman defending herself- no Orwelian or zombie theme.

Agree 100%

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qFqUzeLZBx0/TsME7GDwoNI/AAAAAAAAFMQ/HfViGKLxXG0/s800/392249_2674869435652_1373684834_3111633_2000186426_n.jpg

rocsteady
09-30-14, 18:42
Hope this link works properly. The american flag in the background one with the minuteman carrying the AR. Just cut out the words.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSZxplCxCo1NgEGgQIAAgDDAsQsIynCBo8CjoIAhIUgQiiCPEJgwqkC-wJrAjVEPAJrQsaIOuQmemUsG3stqQyth-LImb54QTuVa8p1ncoub6op_1bZDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIEqfitGQw&sa=X&ei=Az8rVKTiK5ShyASLn4DgAg&ved=0CBkQwg4oAA&biw=598&bih=335#facrc=_

FlyingHunter
09-30-14, 19:08
Second this.

I think this idea is solid. There are so many positive aspects to a women's freedom and independence associated with 2A constitutional independence.

thopkins22
09-30-14, 19:09
I would exercise caution with his image. Let the controversy be about the words and the content, not about a scary picture. Unfortunately we have to recognize the world that we live in and be smart with how we put forth thoughts and images...particularly in a public school.

FlyingHunter
09-30-14, 19:11
Agree 100%

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qFqUzeLZBx0/TsME7GDwoNI/AAAAAAAAFMQ/HfViGKLxXG0/s800/392249_2674869435652_1373684834_3111633_2000186426_n.jpg

Great pic - but there cannot be any words in the pic. He has to use the image and his own speech to sway the crowd to understand the image and the importance of the 2A. thanks though...

SteyrAUG
09-30-14, 19:11
Feel free to borrow anything from here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Four-Simple-Rules/237267769814095

I like this one.

http://i62.tinypic.com/okbo0.jpg

FlyingHunter
09-30-14, 21:29
Great Pic -thanks SteyrAUG

Straight Shooter
09-30-14, 21:51
I like this one FH.
AND the one in my sig line too.

Cincinnatus
09-30-14, 22:18

FlyingHunter
10-02-14, 18:23
Thanks everyone.

He put everything together this evening for class tomorrow.

He chose a picture of lady liberty holding an M4 as the primary pic with several of the pics offered by members here across the bottom of the image for support.

Here's his prepared commentary to defend the second amendment:

The critics of the Second Amendment and their ongoing efforts to disarm and infringe on Americans directly violates the U.S. Constitution and in Merriam Webster’s first sense of the term—to “disregard” it. Our fundamental rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are guaranteed by the Constitution, not left to the whim of legislatures, the politics of judges or the tyrannical rule making of the chief executive and his bureaucracy. And make no mistake, guns pose one of the critical issues a free people will confront in the 21st century; a test of whether people cherish liberty above tyranny, values individual sovereignty above dependency on the state, and whether they dare any longer to live free.

A people cannot simultaneously live free and be bound to any human master or man-made institution, especially to politicians, judges, bureaucrats and faceless government agencies. The Second Amendment along with the other nine amendments of the Bill of Rights was designed to prevent individuals’ enslavement to government, not just to guarantee people the right to hunt squirrels or sport shoot at targets, nor was it included in the Bill of Rights just to guarantee individuals the right to defend themselves against robbers, rapists, and lunatics, or to make sure the states could raise a militia quick, on the cheap to defend against a foreign invader or domestic unrest.

The Second Amendment was designed to ensure that individuals retained the right and means to defend themselves against any illegitimate attempt to do them harm, be it an attempt by a private outlaw or government agents violating their trust under the color of law. The Second Amendment was meant to guarantee individuals the right to protect themselves against government as much as against private bad guys and gangs.

That is why the gun grabbers’ assault on firearms is not only, not even primarily an attack merely on the means of self-defense but more fundamentally, those against the second amendment are engaged in a blatant attack on the very legitimacy of self-defense itself. It’s not really about the guns; it is about the government’s ability to demand submission of the people. Gun control is part and parcel of the ongoing collectivist effort to eviscerate individual sovereignty and replace it with dependence upon and allegiance to the state.

rocsteady
10-02-14, 18:57
Bravo. Well done.

Straight Shooter
10-03-14, 07:01
Let us know how this went please sir.