PDA

View Full Version : Just got my LMT...

Avenger29
06-18-08, 20:12
A few months ago, I decided to purchase an AR-15...I had been doing research for a while to determine what brand and style to buy, and I decided to go with an LMT M4gery.

I purchased the lower a couple of months ago (standard 6 pos. stock), and had the upper/bcg on layaway until I could get it paid for.

I paid off the last of it today, so I was able to bring it home. It's nothing fancy, it's got the standard LMT upper, lower, BCG, and handguards, and is currently topped by a removable carry handle that was a takeoff from another customer's rifle.

I also picked up 3 20rd PMAGS, and a couple of boxes of ammo. Can't wait to get to the range, but that is going to have to wait till next week.

I am extremely glad that I did my research on AR-15s instead of making the dreaded impulse purchase...I could have ended up with a DPMS *shudder* This site and others has helped immensely. Thanks, ya'll!

CLHC
06-18-08, 20:38
Cool! Any pix of your new "toy"? :)

Voodoochild
06-18-08, 20:45
Good choice Avenger LMT is pretty good stuff. Please give us a range report when possible.

rifleshooter
06-18-08, 21:06
Lewis machine and tool LM&T is one of the real quality builder of AR products.;)

Avenger29
06-19-08, 07:54
Cool! Any pix of your new "toy"?

I don't have a digital camera. Anyway, it looks like any other bone stock M4gery...but it does look great!

Good choice Avenger LMT is pretty good stuff. Please give us a range report when possible.

Will give the range report as soon as possible.

Lewis machine and tool LM&T is one of the real quality builder of AR products.

Yep. It's nice to see some manufactorers taking pride in their work and not cutting every corner possible.

LMT, Sabre Defense, Sully, Noveske...all good brands. I got an LMT because my dealer stocks LMT...

Soulrack223
06-19-08, 10:03
LMT is an excellent choice. I love mine, as I've posted many times before. One time last year I was at the public range, the guy next to me had a brand new DPMS that did not work--short stroking, barely extracting and not ejecting. It had been back to the dealer once for "repairs" and it still did not work. He borrowed my LMT to make sure it wasn't his magazines. All I'll say is...it wasn't the magazines. :p

The best advice I got years ago during the ban, when buying my first AR, was from a gentleman who had a lot of High Power Competition experience. All he said was "Avoid DPMS." He recommmended Bushmaster or Colt. I bought a preban Colt and then traded it straight up to a guy in NJ after the ban ended for the cost of an LMT Defender. The same rifle is my primary rifle today.

Avenger29
06-24-08, 10:26
So I finally got a chance to go shoot the LMT.

I only have a couple of boxes of Remington UMC .223 on hand, so I only fired a couple of magazines (besides that, .223 is expensive!)...waiting on dies to reload...

The rifle functioned flawlessly, and was quite accurate. I just fired to check zero and function, and the rifle passed on both accounts...

I need to see about getting some double shielded handguards or a nice rail system...but that will have to wait.

Sure would like to have some more ammo, but I saved a box just in case, until I can get to the gunshop...

I also need to look into picking up a Ciener conversion kit...my dealer is supposed to be getting some in sometime in the future...my only problem is that I need to decide whether to get a Savage bolt action .22 or get the Ciener...both would be fun...

I'd like to get a dedicated .22LR upper, but those are way too much $$$ for me to spend. I've got to stock up on mags and ammo like crazy, so the Savage bolt or the Ciener kit are going to be my only options for now...