PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Proud Dad Plug

TXBK
10-01-14, 09:53
My little family welcomed our second son into the world yesterday. One of the greatest feelings I will most likely ever have is that moment when they enter the world and cry for the first time. We did have a little drama before delivery that caused the doc to get called in urgently, but everything went well after that. Being able to take careful aim, in between two closely spaced clamps with a pair of scissors, to cut the umbilical chord through blurry eyes is difficult yet satisfying.
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/bradykleinhans/Ty_2_zps9cde8c93.jpg (http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/bradykleinhans/media/Ty_2_zps9cde8c93.jpg.html)

Mom expected 1st grader big brother to do backflips when little brother showed up, but she was to be denied that satisfaction. Big brother, already feeling the drain of attention, was ready to sell to the first bidder. Mom and baby are doing great, and I couldn't be more proud. Nothing offers a man a greater responsibility than bringing a child into the world.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/bradykleinhans/Ty_zpscf7b8a41.jpg (http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/bradykleinhans/media/Ty_zpscf7b8a41.jpg.html)

Zane1844
10-01-14, 10:07
Awesome, man. There is can never be too much proud, responsible fathers.

markm
10-01-14, 10:18
Time to start his first build.

montanadave
10-01-14, 10:42
Congratulations. Glad mom and baby are healthy and happy.

TXBK
10-01-14, 10:48
Time to start his first build.

I had always planned on sharing rifles that I already had, but thanks to BCM's recent deal they each have their own now.

caporider
10-01-14, 10:52
Congrats, dad!

Boys are awesome. Mine just started Webelos.

Crow Hunter
10-01-14, 11:03
Congratulations and best wishes for the future!

You have a very special blessing!

ptmccain
10-01-14, 11:05
Congratulations and God bless!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

10-01-14, 11:20
I remember that feeling. Our son was born approx. 18 months ago. So much diff. than raising his big sister.

Congratulations! No sleep for you.

thopkins22
10-01-14, 12:14
Congratulations!

I'm sure big brother will come around in the way that big brothers do.

Abraham
10-01-14, 15:14
Congratulations!

Wait until you become proud of your Grand children.

No doubt that sounds corny, but when it happens you won't think so...

Moose-Knuckle
10-01-14, 15:41
Congrats bro!

Honu
10-01-14, 15:53
congrats :) for sure this is what its all about :)

lunchbox
10-01-14, 16:01
There ain't no shame in the father game, congrats.

C4IGrant
10-01-14, 16:15
Very cool!

C4

titanse05
10-01-14, 16:45
Congratulations sir!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

SeriousStudent
10-01-14, 22:59
What a handsome little fellow! :)

My very best wishes for you and your family. I hope your new son brings you many years of pride and happiness.

I hope mom is doing well, and everybody gets some sleep soon.

Dead Man
10-01-14, 23:38
Good looking kid... most newborn babies look like 95 year old men. Ugly ones, too.

Leaveammoforme
10-02-14, 00:02
Congrats on the kid. Hope all are well.

One attempt on cord? Reason I ask is they gave me some 'kindergarten won't cut crap' scissors. The cord folded between the blades bowing them apart and locked up the scissors. I reached for the Spyderco Delica and everyone in the room said "NO!!!'. 14 years ago this month and I still regret not giving him 'Danger' as a middle name.

Your post made me think back and giggle, Thanks for that!

Again, Congrats.

TXBK
10-02-14, 20:27
One attempt on cord? Reason I ask is they gave me some 'kindergarten won't cut crap' scissors. The cord folded between the blades bowing them apart and locked up the scissors. I reached for the Spyderco Delica and everyone in the room said "NO!!!'. 14 years ago this month and I still regret not giving him 'Danger' as a middle name.

That's funny. The cord is pretty tough to get through. It took two passes with what seemed to be good scissors.

I appreciate all of the well wishes. Mom and baby are doing great. Luckily, my little dude arrived a few days late, because I had been stranded out in the West Texas desert from the recent flooding out there. I welcome other fathers or grandfathers to share their shameless plugs with pride. I could change this to the official shameless proud dad plug thread.

Marler5811
10-04-14, 06:56
Congrats. It's an awesome feeling for sure. My man cub was born almost 6 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBK
10-04-14, 08:04
Right back at you, Joe. Good luck trying to raise your man cub up right.

sandman99and9
10-04-14, 15:35
I have 3 sons and can remember every second of when they were each born. It is an amazing experience !!

Congratulations to you and your wife.

S.M.

Belmont31R
10-04-14, 15:55
That's funny. The cord is pretty tough to get through. It took two passes with what seemed to be good scissors.

I appreciate all of the well wishes. Mom and baby are doing great. Luckily, my little dude arrived a few days late, because I had been stranded out in the West Texas desert from the recent flooding out there. I welcome other fathers or grandfathers to share their shameless plugs with pride. I could change this to the official shameless proud dad plug thread.

Congrats. My wife just gave birth last Monday.

Took me 3 cuts with the scissors they gave me on the cord. A lot tougher than I thought it would be. I was shaking like a leaf, and full of emotions so it wasn't so easy...lol

montanadave
10-04-14, 16:10
You guys ate the placenta, right?

TXBK
10-04-14, 16:19

Negative, Ghostrider. That pattern is full.

TXBK
10-04-14, 16:27
Congrats. My wife just gave birth last Monday.

Took me 3 cuts with the scissors they gave me on the cord. A lot tougher than I thought it would be. I was shaking like a leaf, and full of emotions so it wasn't so easy...lol

Absolutely nothing else in this world compares to that feeling. I was completely unprepared for it with my first son, and despite being prepared, I could barely control it with my second. Congratulations, Belmont31R.

Moose-Knuckle
10-04-14, 16:29

You yankess . . .

Caduceus
10-04-14, 17:01
Congrats. I definitely have first kid syndrome and always blab about my daughter.