PDA

View Full Version : M&P barrel threads

mtdawg169
10-02-14, 16:27
I've been looking high and low for an aftermarket M&P threaded barrel in 13.5x1mm LH. I've got a Tirant 9 inbound and I'd like to use the metric piston. S&W used to make one, but all I can find anywhere is 1/2x28. Anyone know of a source for a metric threaded M&P9 barrel?

BigWaylon
10-02-14, 17:24
Tornado-tech will extend and thread one 13.5x1, plus a thread protector, for $160. ADCO will do it for $155, but no TP.

Maybe you could find a standard donor barrel for not too much?

Do they make longer standard barrels that fit? Like putting a Glock 34 barrel in a Glock 17? If so, ADCO will thread one of those for $65.

mtdawg169
10-02-14, 17:34
Tornado-tech will extend and thread one 13.5x1, plus a thread protector, for $160. ADCO will do it for $155, but no TP.

Maybe you could find a standard donor barrel for not too much?

Do they make longer standard barrels that fit? Like putting a Glock 34 barrel in a Glock 17? If so, ADCO will thread one of those for $65.

How in the world do they extend the barrel? I considered buying a 5" Pro barrel and having it threaded. But I'm not sure if it would lock up correctly. The M&P barrels have a swell on the end of the barrel that mates to the slide during lockup. I'm not sure if it extends far enough from the muzzle to work with a standard slide though.

wahoo95
10-02-14, 17:44
How in the world do they extend the barrel? I considered buying a 5" Pro barrel and having it threaded. But I'm not sure if it would lock up correctly. The M&P barrels have a swell on the end of the barrel that mates to the slide during lockup. I'm not sure if it extends far enough from the muzzle to work with a standard slide though.
They thread the barrel then add an extension which has the desired thread pitch.

BigWaylon
10-02-14, 18:41
info is here (https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_qnew.cfm?code=Handgun%20Barrel%20Threading).

mtdawg169
10-02-14, 19:19
They thread the barrel then add an extension which has the desired thread pitch.

info is here (https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_qnew.cfm?code=Handgun%20Barrel%20Threading).

Interesting solution. I'd much prefer a good old fashioned threaded barrel though. Is my search a lost cause with the M&P? I called Wilson and they won't do a custom thread pattern, 1/2x28 only.

scottryan
10-02-14, 22:40
When it comes to this, S&W has its head completely up its ass.

mtdawg169
10-02-14, 23:01
When it comes to this, S&W has its head completely up its ass.

Sort of what I've been thinking. The original Spec Ops M&P had metric threads and then they changed it to .5x28. WTF?

msr
10-04-14, 16:26
I ordered a 1/2 x 28 last year from Smith & Wesson direct and they sent me a metric! Have you tried the factory?

mtdawg169
10-04-14, 16:44
I ordered a 1/2 x 28 last year from Smith & Wesson direct and they sent me a metric! Have you tried the factory?

Called them last week. They couldn't even tell me when they would have 1/2x28 available and didn't even seem aware that they'd ever even produced a metric threaded barrel.