PDA

View Full Version : Polygonal Rifling, not good in my opinion !

OldNavyGuy
06-19-08, 09:30
polygonal rifling, the lands and grooves are not as sharp (90degree looking), more rounded

i have an LWRC with polygonal rifling, and after 2,500 rounds it is key holing and shoots "patterns" rather than groups. when new i was shooting 1" to 1 1/2" groups @ 100 yds.

does anyone else have a similar problem with a 1-7 polygonal rifling prior to or after 2,500 rounds ? i have shot 55 gr., 62 gr. 69 gr. and 75 gr. bullets all with the same results. the company rep. said to send it back, i will when they get back into production, which may be as long as 2 or 3 months from now.

Spurholder
06-19-08, 10:08
Every once and a while, a lemon will slip through the cracks. Did you get one of the first CHF barrels?

Can't wait for mine to get here...just a couple of more weeks.:)

Failure2Stop
06-19-08, 13:30
I don't think that you can blame polygonal rifling on your issue any more than you can the barrel making process, steel type, manufacturer, gas system or caliber.

Your barrel (sample size of 1) wearing out prematurely is not a large enough sample to blame a single reason. Were there a disproportionate number of worn-out polygonally rifled barrels than standard, then you might have a case. However, that has not happened. In fact, there are several polygonally rifled makers out there, some of which are renowned for their longetivity.

Though stating that LWRC barrels "are not good" would be similarly devoid of substance, it would be more representative of your complaint.