PDA

View Full Version : '90s Beretta 92 Inox, good deal?

Meplat
10-04-14, 00:14
Today I was out and stopped by a few different gun stores to see if I could find any good deals. Among the list of guns I've been looking into was another Beretta. I already have an M9A1, but I've wanted either an M9 or an older 92, possibly an Inox. At the second store I visited, coincidentally, a man had been in that morning and had sold off a Beretta 92 Inox. I looked up the stamp on the right side of the frame, on the trigger guard, and the marking was "BB," which tells me it was manufactured in 1992 if my internet sources are correct. The gun's packaging and manuals also seem to confirm this date. The gun looks to be a total safe queen; I looked it over and took it apart twice and was unable to find anything more than slight at best handling marks. I estimate it to be at about 90-95% condition.

The store wants $450 for it, so I will probably be looking at about $475-500 for it out the door. I'm mostly interested in it because I love the look of the Inox pistols, but dislike the look of the new ones with the black trigger/safety, not to mention this one has the old steel trigger, safety, and guide rod. I'd mostly own this for collection and as a range gun that will be well taken care of. Before I decided to purchase it, though, I thought I might come by here and see if some of the more knowledgeable Beretta owners had any information to share or input.
Basically, is this a good deal to jump on?

kihnspiracy
10-04-14, 02:42
Jump on it. Nice, older Inox 92's are getting harder to find.

Denali
10-04-14, 11:06
Today I was out and stopped by a few different gun stores to see if I could find any good deals. Among the list of guns I've been looking into was another Beretta. I already have an M9A1, but I've wanted either an M9 or an older 92, possibly an Inox. At the second store I visited, coincidentally, a man had been in that morning and had sold off a Beretta 92 Inox. I looked up the stamp on the right side of the frame, on the trigger guard, and the marking was "BB," which tells me it was manufactured in 1992 if my internet sources are correct. The gun's packaging and manuals also seem to confirm this date. The gun looks to be a total safe queen; I looked it over and took it apart twice and was unable to find anything more than slight at best handling marks. I estimate it to be at about 90-95% condition.

The store wants $450 for it, so I will probably be looking at about $475-500 for it out the door. I'm mostly interested in it because I love the look of the Inox pistols, but dislike the look of the new ones with the black trigger/safety, not to mention this one has the old steel trigger, safety, and guide rod. I'd mostly own this for collection and as a range gun that will be well taken care of. Before I decided to purchase it, though, I thought I might come by here and see if some of the more knowledgeable Beretta owners had any information to share or input?
Basically, is this a good deal to jump on?

Is it an Italian manufacture Inox? If so, and its the Queen you feel it to be, then its a very good buy...The Accokeek manufactured Inoxes are of lesser standing in most serious collectors minds...

foxtrotx1
10-04-14, 12:07
Is it an Italian manufacture Inox? If so, and its the Queen you feel it to be, then its a very good buy...The Accokeek manufactured Inoxes are of lesser standing in most serious collectors minds...

Which is a load of crap. You will get more variation between lots than you will between countries.

Meplat
10-04-14, 13:20
It is an Italian manufactured Inox. I am fairly impartial to the country of manufacture and doubt any legitimate quality difference exists, but it is a bonus from a collection standpoint, I suppose.

Sikiguya
10-04-14, 20:16
Which is a load of crap. You will get more variation between lots than you will between countries.

Denali is partially right. The early US manufactured guns had some galling issues with triggers. They were fixed but they tend to be a bit heavier than the early Italian ones. For that price...buy it!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk