PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify this upper?

ARonBoard
10-05-14, 13:37
My father in law just traded some lawn equipment for this rifle. He has a landscaping hobby and wasn't using some stuff.

Seems to be a 16" mid length with 1/8 twist barrel.

Upper has Anchor Harvey forge markings and top rail markings T2-T12.

Barrel has R 5.56 NATO 1/8

It has a no name CH and SCT BCG and UTG(barf) BUIS.

Rail has no markings other than top, right, left, and bottom rail markings.

No markings on door or FH.

He's trying to figure a value to sell. Came on spikes lower FWIW.

Thanks

Eurodriver
10-05-14, 14:24
Sure hope it wasn't any lawn equipment that worked.

That barrel, and I'm 99% sure, is not even chrome lined and made by Roggio Arsenal. SCT is garbage as well. Will it shoot? .223 - probably. I doubt he's going to be kicking in doors or taking training classes with it, so he may want to own it. But if it were mine I'd find the soonest gun show and sell it for $1600-$2000 or whatever a "Bargain" is these days at those sort of meet ups.

It's always interesting how most of the time you can spot a garbage weapon by something as trivial as where the rear sight is mounted.

ARonBoard
10-05-14, 14:34
Haha. Thanks. Before you posted I did some research myself.

Seems to match the specs of a mid state firearms complete upper and no doubt garbage.

I already broke the news to him that he's dealing with a $700 (retail) plinker that most guys I trust, wouldn't use for a trunk gun.

The best part is when I went to remove the upper the buffer and spring launched forward due to the missing retainer and spring.

And your spot on with the rear sight not to mention the fact that they are UTG.

lawusmc0844
10-05-14, 22:06
What a fail, amazed the FH is not upside down. Is your friend still trying to sell it?