PDA

View Full Version : The official M4C Florida State Football Thread (and I guess other lesser teams too)

Pages : [1] 2

J8127
10-05-14, 22:24
Half the top 10 lost this week and nothing on it? Some red-blooded Americans you all are!

Advance upon me with your spears (see what I did there?), you non FSU fan heathens.

J8127
10-05-14, 22:29
I will start the festivities with saying that FSU is playing like half the team they were last year and watching them is painful. It's not as painful as watching ESPN figure out ways to not acknowledge that despite their monetary interest in the SEC (which is the best conference for sure), FSU has played the toughest strength of schedule to date, is undefeated, and on a 21 game winning streak. Clemson is a tough team when they play Georgia, but they are overrated when they play FSU? Alabama can sit at #1 because "it's yours until you lose", but the same logic isn't applied to an ACC team that hasn't lost in two years? Slow start this week, sure, but FSU out gained Wake by 350 yards and won 43-3 yet ESPN's subline is that they struggled to avoid an upset? really?

BrigandTwoFour
10-05-14, 23:19
http://www.survivingcollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/University-of-Miami-Hurricans-Sebastian-the-Ibis-Logo-1024x768.jpg

That is all.

:jester:

Eurodriver
10-06-14, 06:34
On one of the rare subjects I agree with JDub with, I refuse to get excited about grown men in outfits running around chasing a ball.

But I'll bite.

I got all of my digs in against FSU when Florida dominated between your championships from 1999-2014. How many national titles did FSU win in those 15 years? Zero. You're no dynasty. Settle down.

And your qb is a thug. I bet he would f*** her in the pu****

The_War_Wagon
10-06-14, 06:47
On one of the rare subjects I agree with JDub with, I refuse to get excited about grown men in outfits running around chasing a ball.

JUST for you! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oNxLxTZHKM8

TXBK
10-06-14, 08:05
Mama says that foosball is the devil.

montanadave
10-06-14, 08:36
I bet he would f*** her in the pu****

Knowing full well the deep regret I will most assuredly feel, I ask, "And your preference would be?"

As for Florida State, both my parents are alums so I am a booster by birth. FSU has the best Florida Department of Corrections recruiting program in the Sunshine State. Miami seems to prefer their players pre-incarceration, which has some advantages, but FSU's strategy of taking recruits post-gen pop reaps the benefits of a serious strength-training program run on the state's dime, as well as the team-building skills provided by the prison gang culture. Bobby Bowden was a true visionary.

austinN4
10-06-14, 09:18
This thread sure went south in a hurry.

chuckman
10-06-14, 09:22
Florida State is a shell of what it used to be, and this year is number 1 because no other decent team seems to want it. NC State, who got blanked by Clemson 40-something to 0, had Fla State on the ropes. I think should Auburn play Fla State again, or any of the top 6 teams, FSU would be very exposed. And the retarded QB cannot get out of his own way. He is destruction with a capital "D".

montanadave
10-06-14, 09:30
This thread sure went south in a hurry.

Hey. I'm just jerking off. I love college football but I see it for what it is: a farm-club system for the NFL. That said, I enjoy watching college ball more than the pros. I just don't have any intense loyalties amongst the top-tier teams.

austinN4
10-06-14, 10:19
Hey. I'm just jerking off. I love college football but I see it for what it is: a farm-club system for the NFL. That said, I enjoy watching college ball more than the pros. I just don't have any intense loyalties amongst the top-tier teams.
Don't take it personal, my comment was aimed at the thread direction, not you individually.

I never watch "pro" football, only NCAAF. And what is wrong with NCAAF being a feeder to "pros"? New players have to come from somewhere.

docsherm
10-06-14, 11:29
Has FSU actually played a ranked team? OKST is the closet one and they almost won. Let's see how things are after the ND game, and I hate ND a lot. In that game they are both losers no matter who wins.....:jester:

lunchbox
10-06-14, 12:17
War Damn Eagle!!

WickedWillis
10-06-14, 13:41
Texas Longhorns.

Big A
10-06-14, 13:45
Has FSU actually played a ranked team? OKST is the closet one and they almost won. Let's see how things are after the ND game, and I hate ND a lot. In that game they are both losers no matter who wins.....:jester:

Clemson was ranked 23rd when FSU beat them. For whatever reason NC State always seems to give FSU fits.

I'm an FSU fan and they have a few problems they need to fix if they want to be repeat national champs. I don't see them losing until the playoff where I would not be suprised if they are one and done.

Don't even get me started on Jameis and his dumbassery....:mad:

Smash
10-06-14, 14:58
Texas Longhorns.

Banned.

I graduated from Texas Tech and TCU so I am having a bi-polar week.

austinN4
10-06-14, 15:40
After last Saturday's games, there are only 6 undefeated teams in the top 25.

1 Florida State
2 Auburn
3 Mississippi State
3 Ole Miss
5 Baylor
6 Notre Dame

Big A
10-06-14, 16:02
After last Saturday's games, there are only 6 undefeated teams in the top 25.

1 Florida State
2 Auburn
3 Mississippi State
3 Ole Miss
5 Baylor
6 Notre Dame

Incorrect.

#9 TCU is 4-0
#10 Arizona is 5-0
#22 Georgia Tech is 5-0.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

docsherm
10-06-14, 16:30
Clemson was ranked 23rd when FSU beat them. For whatever reason NC State always seems to give FSU fits.

I'm an FSU fan and they have a few problems they need to fix if they want to be repeat national champs. I don't see them losing until the playoff where I would not be suprised if they are one and done.

Don't even get me started on Jameis and his dumbassery....:mad:

I forgot about Clemson.... They should have never been ranked.

Here is what I really "love" about the AP. Alabama is ranked over TCU.....Alabama has not beat a ranked team. Michigan ST beat Nebraska (21) and lost to #2. TCU is undefeated and beat #4.

WTF? Can't be strength of schedule because Alabama played some school for the blind 2 weeks ago.........

docsherm
10-06-14, 16:32
Banned.

Agreed....I went to A&M and Tech..... :)

I will help you out...Get your guns up!

scoutfsu99
10-06-14, 16:43
I got all of my digs in against FSU when Florida dominated between your championships from 1999-2014. How many national titles did FSU win in those 15 years? Zero. You're no dynasty. Settle down.

Now, now... if you're going to throw things like that out there, be sure you're correct. I was at FSU '99-'03. They were at the Nat'l Championship 2 out of those 4 years, winning one. They were also in the Championship in 1998. Fun fact - The 1999 Florida State Seminoles football team was the national champion of the 1999 college football season. The team finished with a perfect 12–0 record, and was the first in NCAA history to go "wire-to-wire," being ranked continuously as the nation's #1 team from the preseason through the bowl season."

The_War_Wagon
10-06-14, 17:11
Marshall vs. Mississippi St. for the national title!!! :cool:

WickedWillis
10-06-14, 17:12
Banned.

I guess I should have been more confrontational to make it worth it! :cool:

Smash
10-06-14, 17:13
Agreed....I went to A&M and Tech..... :)

I will help you out...Get your guns up!

Girlfriend of 5 years graduated from A&M and I thought our house was divided. Your brain is divided.

Now that A&M is in the SEC I find the pulling for A&M much easier.

Smash
10-06-14, 17:14
I guess I should have been more confrontational to make it worth it! :cool:

You said "longhorns".... That was enough to get you banned, anything else would send you the hell.

WickedWillis
10-06-14, 17:19
You said "longhorns".... That was enough to get you banned, anything else would send you the hell.

I feel the same way about anyone who roots for Oklahoma.

Campbell
10-06-14, 17:20
That made a thread about Florida-Rape-State worth reading!
Go Dawgs!

Knowing full well the deep regret I will most assuredly feel, I ask, "And your preference would be?"

As for Florida State, both my parents are alums so I am a booster by birth. FSU has the best Florida Department of Corrections recruiting program in the Sunshine State. Miami seems to prefer their players pre-incarceration, which has some advantages, but FSU's strategy of taking recruits post-gen pop reaps the benefits of a serious strength-training program run on the state's dime, as well as the team-building skills provided by the prison gang culture. Bobby Bowden was a true visionary.

austinN4
10-06-14, 17:57
Incorrect.

#9 TCU is 4-0
#10 Arizona is 5-0
#22 Georgia Tech is 5-0.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
Damn, I can't even redeem myslf by changing it to the top 10. Musta had a brain fart. Not sure what I was thinking.

lunchbox
10-06-14, 18:02
Damn, I can't even redeem myslf by changing it to the top 10. Musta had a brain fart. Not sure what I was thinking.Its ok buddy, you got Auburn right and that's all that matters:D.

Big A
10-06-14, 18:22
Damn, I can't even redeem myslf by changing it to the top 10. Musta had a brain fart. Not sure what I was thinking.

No biggie, who would have thought the GT would be A) ranked and B) 5-0? Nobody that's who.

Big A
10-06-14, 18:23
Its ok buddy, you got Auburn right and that's all that matters:D.

Yeah, second. The same place they were last year when they lost....:p :p

lunchbox
10-06-14, 19:07
Yeah, second. The same place they were last year when they lost....:p :pHey we got there tho!! First year with new coach is considered a "re-building" season by some, we called it a SEC championship season.:cool::D

docsherm
10-06-14, 19:35

So true....LOL :jester:

Big A
10-06-14, 21:15
Hey we got there tho!! First year with new coach is considered a "re-building" season by some, we called it a SEC championship season.:cool::D

That stunner against Bama was awesome. Truly on for the ages.

I will root for Auburn unless they come up against the Noles, if that happens I want no mercy. SCALP 'EM!

lunchbox
10-06-14, 22:20
That stunner against Bama was awesome. Truly on for the ages.

I will root for Auburn unless they come up against the Noles, if that happens I want no mercy. SCALP 'EM!I don't think anybody in Auburn, fans or team, saw last years season turning out like it did. At the beginning of the season I told my cousin I'd be happy to get to any bowl game and I still thought that was pushing it.
Funny thing as well, I cheer for the Noles if their not playing AU. We spearfish/fish/dive just below Tallahasse FL in Alligator point/Bald Point (below Panacea). We boat north to hit Apalachee Bay, south to hit Apalachicola, or go straight out. Needless to say Seminole blood runs deep in those parts.

thopkins22
10-06-14, 22:21

This makes me SO happy.

WHOOP!

Eurodriver
10-07-14, 06:23
Now, now... if you're going to throw things like that out there, be sure you're correct. I was at FSU '99-'03. They were at the Nat'l Championship 2 out of those 4 years, winning one. They were also in the Championship in 1998. Fun fact - The 1999 Florida State Seminoles football team was the national champion of the 1999 college football season. The team finished with a perfect 12–0 record, and was the first in NCAA history to go "wire-to-wire," being ranked continuously as the nation's #1 team from the preseason through the bowl season."

I didn't know that, that's actually pretty interesting.

My problem with threads like these is this:

If you're not in the SEC, you're a joke. (Ref: Alabama vs. Notre Dame Championship)

All of these people talking about Texas, Nebraska, etc are a waste of time. The SEC dominates, and the AP rankings are absolutely useless (Ref: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame Championship) unless that team is in the SEC.

How in the hell Notre Dame got a #1 position without playing a single SEC team is beyond me. The only decent team they played all year was Oklahoma, and compared to the SEC they are a bunch of high schoolers.

Except in rare exceptions (like once a decade), Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU, or Georgia is going to be the best team college football. I don't care what the polls say. Most of the time, I don't even care what the championship game says. FSU won - sure. But they only won by a field goal and due to the stupid ranking structure of college football they didn't play the best SEC team that year in the Rose Bowl.

One last time - look at what happened when Alabama played Notre Dame... I was embarassed for them.

J-Dub
10-07-14, 06:34
Go Horned Frogs. Hope they kick the shit outta Baylor and run the table. From a scheme stand point I've always been a huge fan of Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 defense. It looks like they might actually have an offense that can hang.

p.s. I hate Saban (aka satan).....the guy is douche, and needs to learn to enjoy life a little. Sooooo glad UT didn't hire him, even if they are a dumpster fire right now.

Big A
10-07-14, 08:04
I didn't know that, that's actually pretty interesting.

My problem with threads like these is this:

If you're not in the SEC, you're a joke. (Ref: Alabama vs. Notre Dame Championship)

All of these people talking about Texas, Nebraska, etc are a waste of time. The SEC dominates, and the AP rankings are absolutely useless (Ref: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Notre Dame Championship) unless that team is in the SEC.

How in the hell Notre Dame got a #1 position without playing a single SEC team is beyond me. The only decent team they played all year was Oklahoma, and compared to the SEC they are a bunch of high schoolers.

Except in rare exceptions (like once a decade), Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU, or Georgia is going to be the best team college football. I don't care what the polls say. Most of the time, I don't even care what the championship game says. FSU won - sure. But they only won by a field goal and due to the stupid ranking structure of college football they didn't play the best SEC team that year in the Rose Bowl.

One last time - look at what happened when Alabama played Notre Dame... I was embarassed for them.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/07/ab93ad98901c89c28319f9fb345ff80b.jpg

docsherm
10-07-14, 09:57
The SEC is a self-lickimg ice cream cone, its is the definition of circular logic. End of story.

http://m.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

Eurodriver
10-08-14, 09:16
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/07/ab93ad98901c89c28319f9fb345ff80b.jpg

The SEC is a self-lickimg ice cream cone, its is the definition of circular logic. End of story.

http://m.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

The playoffs will show us the true winners and losers. I'll be sure to include both of you in my SEC Domination thread at the beginning of the year.

J-Dub
10-08-14, 09:20
Playoffs? Playoffs? (think Jim Mora)

You call a couple of teams playing two or three games....playoffs??????

See D1aa, D2, and D3 for actual playoffs. This shit they're calling "playoffs" is a joke. If they want a real playoff system they should take all the conference champs and put them in a bracket.....that's a playoff.

austinN4
10-08-14, 09:44
Playoffs? Playoffs? (think Jim Mora) You call a couple of teams playing two or three games....playoffs??????
See D1aa, D2, and D3 for actual playoffs. This shit they're calling "playoffs" is a joke. If they want a real playoff system they should take all the conference champs and put them in a bracket.....that's a playoff.
Totally agree - the current method is a joke. Or how about a larger NCAAB-style playoff?

Big A
10-08-14, 09:46
Playoffs? Playoffs? (think Jim Mora)

You call a couple of teams playing two or three games....playoffs??????

I completely agree with this. There are enough bowl games to make this happen plus we would get to watch more football. The "playoff" they are proposing is complete joke and will be corrupted by favoritism.

Smash
10-08-14, 09:53
Really the thing that is holding that back is money.

Not that it cant be done but there would have to be a lot of number crunching and agreement on how money is spread out over the course of the playoff.

Of course Alabama, Oklahoma, FSU, and other perennial powers are going to say that the two teams playing in each game should get all the money from that game. But lower tier teams that are usually good for a year or two at a time are going to want the wealth spread out over all of the teams that make the playoffs in some manner. that way the championship game teams dont get paid for 4+ games and the 1st round losers get paid for only 1. Which in turn could make all of the top tier teams even more absurdly over resourced than they already are. I personally don't think it's necessarily wrong to go either direction but getting everyone to agree is a different point.

Big A
10-08-14, 10:02
But I'll bite.

And your qb is a thug. I bet he would f*** her in the pu****

The playoffs will show us the true winners and losers. I'll be sure to include both of you in my SEC Domination thread at the beginning of the year.

Well which is it scooter? Either you care or you don't...

And to the QB dig:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11653329/treon-harris-florida-gators-suspended-indefinitely-legal-matter

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11659055/skyler-mornhinweg-gerald-willis-iii-florida-gators-fight-prompting-police-call

Something about people in glass houses doing something with stones....
:p:p (this is all meant to be in good fun, not personal)

JoshNC
10-08-14, 15:43
http://www.survivingcollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/University-of-Miami-Hurricans-Sebastian-the-Ibis-Logo-1024x768.jpg

That is all.

:jester:

This.

Palmguy
10-08-14, 15:46
I completely agree with this. There are enough bowl games to make this happen plus we would get to watch more football. The "playoff" they are proposing is complete joke and will be corrupted by favoritism.

The system has a lot of inertia to it and a change from what has been the system for a long time to an 8+ team playoff isn't going to happen overnight. The 4 team playoff is a good incremental step in that direction.

lunchbox
10-08-14, 16:15
I won't be happy till there's college football year round. I'll settle for 9 months out of the year though, I guess...

Big A
10-11-14, 18:39
Mississippi State over Auburn 38-23.

Sorry Lunchbox

Big A
10-11-14, 18:43
And Baylor has comeback to tie TCU 58-58 with 4 minutes left in the 4th.

ETA: Baylor defeats TCU 61-58

montanadave
10-11-14, 19:03
And Baylor has comeback to tie TCU 58-58 with 4 minutes left in the 4th.

What a finish! Baylor wins by 3.

Big A
10-11-14, 19:10
What a finish! Baylor wins by 3.
Right? Baylor was down by 21 and managed to pull of the win. I thought for sure TCU was gonna pull the upset.

lunchbox
10-11-14, 19:34
Mississippi State over Auburn 38-23.

Sorry LunchboxYa that tends to happen when you turn over the ball two times your first two plays. AU played like sh!t, so did Miss St. but they were able to capitalize off turnovers early in the game. We did get a "questionable" (Fu#%*d) call on a penalty that would most surely lead to TD. But one TD wouldn't have made up for all the turnovers. Miss St. wanted it more, and AU showed up expecting to win, exactly how you win games and lose games. I'm still optimistic, after all we lost one last year (LSU) and still made it to BCS Bowl... So we're still comin for Ya Noles:p

Big A
10-11-14, 23:13
I dunno man, the way the state of Mississippi is playing this weekend the SEC west might be decided on November 29th.

lunchbox
10-12-14, 00:17
Ya, that's going to be a hell'va game. It's really going to be interesting to see how it all pans out. Gotta love college football!

chuckman
10-12-14, 08:05
Right? Baylor was down by 21 and managed to pull of the win. I thought for sure TCU was gonna pull the upset.

I understand the point, but I do not think anyone in the top 10 beating someone else in the top 10 is an upset. To use a college basketball term I see a lot more parity this year.

Grand58742
10-12-14, 09:50
Still a Vol For Life <sigh> even though it's not looking great. Just hoping for a bowl game this year.

We need a freaking O Line like yesterday. And I would punch Dooley in the mouth for not recruiting ANY offensive linemen in 2012. It's sad he's been gone for two years now and we are still feeling the after effects of his ineptitude.

The_War_Wagon
10-12-14, 11:25
BEWARE, the 'dawgs of Starkville... ;)

jaxman7
10-13-14, 15:23
BEWARE, the 'dawgs of Starkville... ;)

Man I have to admit it is good to hear someone say that. :) Used to live in Starkville. Would so love to be up there during this season.

-Jax

docsherm
10-14-14, 12:45

Not really......ESPN will help stack at least 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.....bettering their odds to get a winner.

The SEC is only good if they can stack the game the right way.

Big A
10-18-14, 15:06
Baylor has fallen to West Virginia 41-27

six8
10-18-14, 16:12
Baylor has fallen to West Virginia 41-27

Awesome game!

Big A
10-18-14, 22:52
Jesus, I almost had a heart attack.

That was just too close a game. The Noles need to get their shit together if they wanna repeat as national champs.

montanadave
10-18-14, 23:04
Jesus, I almost had a heart attack.

That was just too close a game. The Noles need to get their shit together if they wanna repeat as national champs.

Indeed. Early Christmas in Tallahassee.

Big A
10-18-14, 23:10
Indeed. Early Christmas in Tallahassee.

I mean, how in the hell do you let a team convert on 4th & 19?

And those stupid personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties certainly didn't help.

Eurodriver
10-19-14, 07:34
I mean, how in the hell do you let a team convert on 4th & 19?

And those stupid personal fouls/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties certainly didn't help.

Overconfidence.

chuckman
10-19-14, 08:20
Last year's team was much better and just barely beat Auburn in the NC; I would like to see this year's team in the NC because I think there are about 8 teams that could easily win.

drsal
10-19-14, 08:20
Not really a fan of any sport, I did see last nights game of FSU vs ND, as my wife, an FSU alum, was hoping ND would win. I asked why ? The FSU quarterback is basically a thieving rapist thug, yet because he can throw a ball, he is praised beyond... was her reply. Also, ND was robbed of a victory last night because the local FSU ref screwed ND out of that last TD. Phuck FSU.

scoutfsu99
10-19-14, 12:00
Not really a fan of any sport, I did see last nights game of FSU vs ND, as my wife, an FSU alum, was hoping ND would win. I asked why ? The FSU quarterback is basically a thieving rapist thug, yet because he can throw a ball, he is praised beyond... was her reply. Also, ND was robbed of a victory last night because the local FSU ref screwed ND out of that last TD. Phuck FSU.

Hardly. That was a legitimate poll. If the ND had even tried to pretend that he was running a route and not blocking the DB, I doubt there would've been a call. But he didn't and drew a correctly called penalty.

Big A
10-19-14, 12:29
Overconfidence.

Partly, there was a lot of sloppy play so far this season too.

Fact of the matter is FSU got beat last night but still won the game.

Only 4 unbeaten teams remain
1. Mississippi State
2. FSU
3. Ol Miss
25. Marshall

thopkins22
10-19-14, 13:27
Partly, there was a lot of sloppy play so far this season too.

Fact of the matter is FSU got beat last night but still won the game.

Only 4 unbeaten teams remain
1. Mississippi State
2. FSU
3. Ol Miss
25. Marshall

As much as I love Marshall, they're not really in the same league as the other teams. Ole Miss in my opinion is the most well rounded of the undefeated. And it pains me to say anything positive about them, but Florida State has got some speed.... I do totally agree that they didn't win that game anywhere but on the scoreboard, and I'm not sure Notre Dame is really good enough to have that kind of game against any of the other top 5 teams.

chuckman
10-19-14, 15:22
With Marshall's schedule they SHOULD be unbeaten.

montanadave
10-19-14, 15:52
November 29th is gonna be a helluva weekend in the Magnolia state.

Big A
10-19-14, 18:55
November 29th is gonna be a helluva weekend in the Magnolia state.

Ol Miss still has to get past Auburn on November 1st and Mississippi State has to get past Alabama on November 15th.

Every team in the SEC could have at least one loss by seasons end.

Big A
10-30-14, 22:10
FSU 42 Louisville 31.

If the Noles keep playing like they have these last two games I might not make it through the season without having a coronary...

Palmguy
10-31-14, 06:21
FSU 42 Louisville 31.

If the Noles keep playing like they have these last two games I might not make it through the season without having a coronary...

Jameis needs to put those contacts in....those three interceptions were brutal.

six8
10-31-14, 07:16
FSU 42 Louisville 31.

They're schedule is cake

Big A
10-31-14, 07:30
They're schedule is cake

True, but I have a feeling the BC game is gonna be a close one too. Seems they always bring their A-game against the Noles.

Big A
11-01-14, 18:08
TCU beats WVU 31-30

And Florida has somehow managed to beat Georgia 38-20

Rekkr870
11-01-14, 20:01
TCU beats WVU 31-30

Weird things happen in the SEC, my friend.

I'd shit bricks if the Hogs put away Miss St. I'm not holding my breath though.

montanadave
11-01-14, 21:20
Damn! A couple of great games tonight.

ETA: Tough loss for Ole Miss, losing points and a talented player in what looked initially like a game winner. I hope the young man's injuries aren't too severe, although it didn't look good. And congrats to Miss State on grinding out a win.

J-Dub
11-01-14, 21:39
TCU beats WVU 31-30

Might have to find some tickets to the TCU/K-State game next week..if it aint sold out. Go Frogs.

lunchbox
11-01-14, 23:13
Weird things happen in the SEC, my friend.You got that right! SEC teams don't care what your/their rank is, they are there to play big boy football.

Tough loss for Ole Miss, losing points and a talented player in what looked initially like a game winner. I hope the young man's injuries aren't too severe, although it didn't look good.Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Everybody wants to win, but not like that, it was very unfortunate. I really felt for the player, as much as his leg was hurting (and you know it was, I was squirming in my seat just watching it), he looked more disappointed at the loss of points/game when they carted him off the field. College football players are modern day gladiators, they put their body's on the line for their team/fans/the win. Most will never go Pro or make it famous, but still put it all on the line for love of the game.

montanadave
11-02-14, 07:19
Looks like Treadwell is going to undergo surgery today to repair a fractured fibula and a dislocated ankle. Sad way to end his season.

J8127
11-02-14, 21:58
Just win, baby.

lunchbox
11-03-14, 16:33
Looks like Treadwell is going to undergo surgery today to repair a fractured fibula and a dislocated ankle. Sad way to end his season.It looked a lot worst, poor guys lower leg kinda flopped around.

Big A
11-08-14, 18:45
ASU beat Notre Dame 55-31 and Texas A&M beat Auburn 41-38.

jaxman7
11-08-14, 18:51
Easy win for my Dawgs today. Next week is gonna be one heck of a test for us @ Tuscaloosa. Can't wait.

-Jax

thopkins22
11-08-14, 19:03
Texas A&M beat Auburn 41-38.

Whoop!

lunchbox
11-08-14, 19:05
Texas A&M beat Auburn 41-38.Ya I was kinda pi$$ed at this game and I normally don't get upset at football games. AU lost, because AU did everything in their power to give it away...and I hope our center's (R. Dismukes) girlfriend cheats on him tonight and his dog won't sit next to him.

Onyx Z
11-08-14, 19:32
Texas A&M beat Auburn 41-38.

Whoop!

Big A
11-09-14, 00:03
FSU puts up a lackluster effort to beat UVA 34-20

Bama hangs on to beat LSU 20-13 in OT

K State falls to TCU 41-20

And Ohio State defeats Sparty 49-37

Half of the current to 10 now has two losses.

SeriousStudent
11-09-14, 00:39
.... Texas A&M beat Auburn 41-38.

One of my minions was at the game today. He was also at the A&M - Alabama game where they won.

I'm beginning to think that 12th Man shirt he wears has some sort of mystical significance. Those are the only two games he's been to in the last few years, both turned out to be Aggie wins.

J8127
11-09-14, 23:04
FSU puts up a lackluster effort to beat UVA 34-20

At this point, I've accepted their is no such thing as a lackluster FSU performance, just par for the FSU course.

Big A
11-10-14, 07:31
At this point, I've accepted their is no such thing as a lackluster FSU performance, just par for the FSU course.
There is a ton of talent on the team and when they start clicking they will be really tough but for now they just seem content to squeak by. Right now the defense is what's keeping them alive.

If they win out (which at this point I'm not sure they will) I don't think they'll do better than one and done in the playoff.

Rekkr870
11-10-14, 11:42
There is a ton of talent on the team and when they start clicking they will be really tough but for now they just seem content to squeak by. Right now the defense is what's keeping them alive.

If they win out (which at this point I'm not sure they will) I don't think they'll do better than one and done in the playoff.
I agree. I'm ready for them to meet the boys from the SEC. We are too busy beating each other up down here. Last year FSU beat Auburn; Bama should have played that game.

FSU doesn't play all 4 quarters. That's going to kill them against the better teams.

J-Dub
11-10-14, 11:43
Frogs roll on Kstate without 3 or 4 starters....ROLL TOAD.

Onyx Z
11-10-14, 11:54
How does Auburn only drop 4 spots in the AP Poll when they just lost to an unranked team? And that unranked team doesn't even break into the top 25...

Don't get me wrong, Auburn has a great team, but they still lost to an unranked opponent.

Rekkr870
11-10-14, 11:55
How does Auburn only drop 4 spots in the AP Poll when they just lost to an unranked team? And that unranked team doesn't even break into the top 25...

Don't get me wrong, Auburn has a great team, but they still lost to an unranked opponent.
Because that team isn't someone like Hawaii or Boise State. I imagine they factor in what conference you play in as well.

J8127
11-10-14, 21:18
I agree. I'm ready for them to meet the boys from the SEC. We are too busy beating each other up down here.

Can you see how hard my eyes are rolling?

Rekkr870
11-10-14, 21:26
Can you see how hard my eyes are rolling?
Indeed, I figured they would be.

jaxman7
11-15-14, 11:08
The biggest game in Mississippi State's history starts soon. Go Dawgs.

http://youtu.be/_fhZUQvdT0s

-Jax

Grand58742
11-15-14, 11:18
I really want Felon State University to lose to Miami today.

That team has gotten away with everything but murder and I want their comeuppins served today.

J8127
11-15-14, 11:26
Oh please, regale us with your experience in the legal proceedings involving FSU athletes.

Big A
11-15-14, 11:33
I really want Felon State University to lose to Miami today.

That team has gotten away with everything but murder and I want their comeuppins served today.
Comeuppance....

montanadave
11-15-14, 11:56
The biggest game in Mississippi State's history starts soon. Go Dawgs.

http://youtu.be/_fhZUQvdT0s

-Jax

I shall be rootin' for the Dawgs here in the Big Sky.

Must call Pizza Hut.

jaxman7
11-15-14, 11:58
I shall be rootin' for the Dawgs here in the Big Sky.

Must call Pizza Hut.

Awesome Dave. ;) I have the Dominoes number ready to go as well!

-Jax

HKGuns
11-15-14, 12:01
Is this team still playing all of their criminals or do they still care more about winning than integrity?

montanadave
11-15-14, 12:06
Is this team still playing all of their criminals or do they still care more about winning than integrity?

See explanatory post #7 in this thread.

And I think you wanted an "and" there rather than an "or." :lol:

montanadave
11-15-14, 18:00
Them Dawgs won't hunt. :cray:

Big A
11-15-14, 18:13
Alabama 25 Mississippi State 20

Rekkr870
11-15-14, 18:47
Alabama 25 Mississippi State 20
Good game.

I'm a Hurricane fan tonight, boys.

Eurodriver
11-15-14, 21:22
Damn! I know the game isn't over, but Miami is up by 13 and they aren't even RANKED!

Rekkr870
11-15-14, 21:31
Damn! I know the game isn't over, but Miami is up by 13 and they aren't even RANKED!
Still pretty early, they have a lot of ball to play.

My Hogs are leading LSU 17-0 in the 4th, though!

lunchbox
11-15-14, 21:37
Auburn got beat by Georgia, like we owed them money.

Palmguy
11-15-14, 21:44

That's how most FSU games are lately...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

HKGuns
11-15-14, 22:47
See explanatory post #7 in this thread.

And I think you wanted an "and" there rather than an "or." :lol:

Ha! Now that was funny.......:)

montanadave
11-15-14, 22:48

And that's how they all end.

Big A
11-16-14, 07:23

Just because a team is ranked doesn't mean they're great and just because a team is unranked doesn't mean they're awful and can't win games.

With that QB Kaaya and with their RB's Johnson and Yearby Miami will become a very tough team in the next few years. Al Gouldin is building a good program down there.

Fortunetly for my Noles they have their kicking game in order with Aguayo so we don't to worry about anymore wide rights for at least 2 more years...

And that's how they all end.

Yep. Certainly not championship caliber football but they are the only unbeatens left so...

Grand58742
11-16-14, 13:13
Comeuppance....

Not if you're from the country...

Big A
11-16-14, 13:56
Not if you're from the country...

I always thought the other one was what you did with a lady friend, no?

J8127
11-16-14, 15:54
*ahem*

JUST WIN BABY.

Grand58742
11-16-14, 17:50
I always thought the other one was what you did with a lady friend, no?

I don't kiss and tell lol Lady Grand would revoke my AR parts budget.

But no matter what, Miami was the last good opportunity for those dirtbags to lose and drop in the rankings. BC sure isn't capable of it and Florida is now in the middle of a coaching upheaval so they are out.

Only hope left is Georgia Tech during the ACC Championship. One can hope.

Oh, and go Vols, beat Mizzou!

nova3930
11-17-14, 10:06
My Dawgs lost to Bama as usual. That's what you get bringing a C game on the road to T-Town. Makes me mad seeing 3 red zone INTs on a game decided by 5 points....what if those were FGs....

Rekkr870
11-22-14, 17:23
FSU 17
Boston College 17

2:15 in the 4th.

Edit: FSU skates by again with another championship performance (insert sarcasm here).

Oh, and go Razorbacks!

J8127
11-22-14, 17:46

J8127
11-22-14, 17:47
U mad?

Rekkr870
11-22-14, 17:52
U mad?
Really?

And no, because the hogs are 30-0 over Ole Miss.

jaxman7
11-23-14, 12:08
Really?

And no, because the hogs are 30-0 over Ole Miss.

That game shocked me. Arkansas is a much better team than people realize. They gave Mississippi State fits and we barely beat them. I knew the Razorbacks were gonna give the Rebs a difficult time but wow! I was pulling for Ole Miss and I am a MSU boy. Now next week....as the old saying from my home state goes, "Go to hell Ole Miss". ;)

And if miracles happen and Auburn wins next weekend the Bulldogs will be sitting VERY pretty.That'd be a heck of a miracle though. WAAAARRRR EAGLES!!!!!

-Jax

scoutfsu99
11-23-14, 12:40
FSU lost 13 players to the NFL last year. There is a bunch of young talent on the field. They also have a 26 game winning streak. That's nothing to sneeze at in D1 football.

From a fan perspective, I'd much rather see close games than blowouts.

Rekkr870
11-23-14, 12:41
That game shocked me. Arkansas is a much better team than people realize. They gave Mississippi State fits and we barely beat them. I knew the Razorbacks were gonna give the Rebs a difficult time but wow! I was pulling for Ole Miss and I am a MSU boy. Now next week....as the old saying from my home state goes, "Go to hell Ole Miss". ;)

And if miracles happen and Auburn wins next weekend the Bulldogs will be sitting VERY pretty.That'd be a heck of a miracle though. WAAAARRRR EAGLES!!!!!

-Jax

Arkansas became a much better team as the season went on. We may be on to something next year. Mizzou is next on the schedule.

Mississippi State is TOUGH. I think they will do fine against Ole Miss, but you never know in this conference. If Auburn beats Alabama then I will definitely be suprised. Auburn has a great team but Bama has also come a long way and always competes.

I'm just waiting for the Bama/Miss St vs FSU game. That'll be good.

Rekkr870
11-23-14, 12:43
FSU lost 13 players to the NFL last year. There is a bunch of young talent on the field. They also have a 26 game winning streak. That's nothing to sneeze at in D1 football.

From a fan perspective, I'd much rather see close games than blowouts.

Sure, there is a lot of talent on the team. That's what bothers me the most. If they are tough this year, imagine what will come in a couple years time. They will be great.

Oh, and this.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/23/8cf2cec88ea42d803136fe6d4d79b51b.jpg

scoutfsu99
11-23-14, 12:46
I'm just waiting for the Bama/Miss St vs FSU game. That'll be good.

Me too. That and beating UF:cool:

Rekkr870
11-23-14, 12:50
Me too. That and beating UF:cool:

Good luck. :)

WickedWillis
11-24-14, 10:38
FSU 17
Boston College 17

2:15 in the 4th.

Edit: FSU skates by again with another championship performance (insert sarcasm here).

Oh, and go Razorbacks!

Yeah they have done that way too many times this season. I don't think it's their skill level, I think it's their opponents inability to close.

nova3930
11-24-14, 11:44

If we don't beat da bears by 2 TDs I'll be disappointed. A few losses have turned them into a dumpster fire in short order. Bro Wallace is hurt and both their backups look like they stepped off a bad JR High team. No run game, no treadwell. Literally the only thing going for them is it's in Oxpatch...

-Jax

I have to bathe in bleach after yelling War Eagle but I really wanna go to ATL. Already got a hotel booked so I probably jinxed it...

Big A
11-24-14, 12:23
What are the odds a 2 loss SEC team could be in the playoffs?

Mississippi State COULD lose to Ole miss

Alabama COULD lose to Auburn

And either a 2 loss Georgia or Mizzu will be palying for the SEC championship and could win and be in the playoffs.

So what do y'all SEC nut riders think?

Rekkr870
11-24-14, 12:49

Mississippi State COULD lose to Ole miss

Alabama COULD lose to Auburn

And either a 2 loss Georgia or Mizzu will be palying for the SEC championship and could win and be in the playoffs.

So what do y'all SEC nut riders think?
I don't think a two loss team would make it to the playoffs. If the schedule went as you said then the SEC would be screwed in the playoffs.

I'd say that a loss to Auburn or Ole Miss is very possible.

That being said, I want an SEC team in the championship.

Something like Oregon vs FSU would bore me to death.

nova3930
11-24-14, 13:11

About zero. Too many 1 loss teams...

Big A
11-24-14, 16:18
About zero. Too many 1 loss teams...

So you think a one loss TCU or Baylor will beat out a two loss SEC champ?

Big A
11-24-14, 16:21
I don't think a two loss team would make it to the playoffs. If the schedule went as you said then the SEC would be screwed in the playoffs.

I'd say that a loss to Auburn or Ole Miss is very possible.

That being said, I want an SEC team in the championship.

Something like Oregon vs FSU would bore me to death.

No worse than that LSU vs Bama snoozefest from a few years ago.

Palmguy
11-24-14, 16:48

I do, and I'm what you so eloquently referred to as an SEC nut rider.

Rekkr870
11-24-14, 17:14
No worse than that LSU vs Bama snoozefest from a few years ago.
Touche'

nova3930
11-24-14, 18:43

I think the politics of the committee dictate it. Picking a one loss team over another one loss team is a lot easier to justify than a two loss over a one loss.

steyrman13
11-24-14, 19:32
I think the politics of the committee dictate it. Picking a one loss team over another one loss team is a lot easier to justify than a two loss over a one loss.

Except when your two losses are to a number 3 and number 2/10 depending on the time of the season team, compared to other 1 losses to a non-ranked team and playing other non ranked teams all season. The SEC teams that would be a 2 loss, MSU, ALA, AUB all played multiple ranked teams compared to the other 1 loss teams. You know strength of schedule means ALOT

Big A
11-24-14, 22:07
Except when your two losses are to a number 3 and number 2/10 depending on the time of the season team, compared to other 1 losses to a non-ranked team and playing other non ranked teams all season. The SEC teams that would be a 2 loss, MSU, ALA, AUB all played multiple ranked teams compared to the other 1 loss teams. You know strength of schedule means ALOT

This^

I don't see a 2 loss Alabama being kept out in favor of a 1 loss TCU/Baylor

Big A
11-24-14, 22:09
I do, and I'm what you so eloquently referred to as an SEC nut rider.

Gotta get my jabs in when I can ;).

Rekkr870
11-24-14, 22:11
I don't see a 2 loss Alabama being kept out in favor of a 1 loss TCU/Baylor
I don't either.

Hell, let's make everyone happy and have the national championship game be Marshall vs FSU. I mean they're both undefeated, right?

nova3930
11-25-14, 10:12

Not saying I agree that's the direction it should go, just that it's the direction I think it will go. Just like I think my MSU Bulldawgs will get hosed in favor of the OSU Suckeyes. An OSU team that lost to a pitiful VT team will get more credit for beating a Wisconsin team that lost to the last place team in the SECW than we get for going 11-1 in the SEC and only losing to #1 Bama.

Big A
11-29-14, 10:30
Here we are ladies and gentlemen. Rivalry weekend! The most blessed day in all of college football.

12:00 noon we have:
Michigan vs (6)Ohio State
South Carolina vs (21)Clemson
(9)Georgia Tech vs (16)Georgia
Kentucky vs (22)Louisville

At 1:00 we have:
(25)Utah vs Colorado

At 3:30 we get:
(4)Mississippi State vs (19)Ole Miss
Florida at (3) Florida State
(10)Michigan State vs Penn State
(7)Baylor vs Texas Tech
(18)Minnesota vs (14)Wisconsin

4:00 it's:
Kansas vs (12) K State

And the big one at 7:45, The Iron Bowl:
(15)Auburn at (1)Alabama. WAR EAGLE!!!

At 8:00 it's
(2)Oregon vs Oregon State

So get your snacks and tasty beverages ready, kickoff of rivalry weekend is 30 minutes away!

Palmguy
11-29-14, 10:54
Exciting day.

Go Gators, though they probably won't pull it off.

montanadave
11-29-14, 11:13
Kentucky and Louisville players were throwin' down an hour before kickoff. Tis a great day for college ball. :happy:

jaxman7
11-29-14, 11:27
I am a bundle of nerves today. So many variables. Ready for it to begin.

-Jax

Grand58742
11-29-14, 11:45
Tis a great day for college ball. :happy:

Why yes it is. Today, Tennessee gets to help Vanderbilt become the first team in SEC history to lose by double digits to all their Conference opponents.

And it will be glorious if I say so myself. A fate those douchedrops from Vanderbilt richly deserve after all the shit talking they've done over the past two years.

cwgibson
11-29-14, 13:46
Tech is giving UGA a run for their money.

Palmguy
11-29-14, 14:28
GT vs UGA is crazy. In OT now.

Big A
11-29-14, 18:48
ACC 4 SEC 0.....[emoji3]

Rekkr870
11-29-14, 18:49
ACC 4 SEC 0.....[emoji3]
Georgia Tech looked nice.

Big A
11-29-14, 20:32
Georgia Tech looked nice.
Yep, might be tough in the ACC championship for my Noles the way Jameis is playing. ****in 4 int's....ugh.

They like Arkansas are better than their record reflects.

Also, Marshall lost.

And another also WAR EAGLE!

Back me up Lunchbox! [emoji3]

montanadave
11-29-14, 20:32
War Eagle!

At the half. Check back in thirty minutes.

Rekkr870
11-29-14, 20:35
Yep, might be tough in the ACC championship for my Noles the way Jameis is playing. ****in 4 int's....ugh.

Also, Marshall lost.

Yeah he is definitely not heisman material this year. I'm picking Amari Cooper.

I'm glad somebody has a little respect for my HOGS!

The Auburn/Alabama game is a shootout right now. I really like Auburn, but we (SEC) need Alabama to win.

lunchbox
11-29-14, 20:48
Go big Blue! AU is at least giving them a run for their money. Too bad I can't watch on tv, I'm at ESEE survival class, so listening to radio coverage. Really got start payin attention to dates when I sign up for classes...

Rekkr870
11-29-14, 22:50
Roll Tide. They'll do well, I believe.

Auburn played a great game. It was very entertaining.

Who's gonna be #4? Baylor? TCU?

montanadave
11-29-14, 23:14
Not sure what pushed the reset button for Sims (maybe seeing the backup QB putting on his helmet?) but what a turnaround. Outstanding play from both teams. Auburn left too many points on the field having to settle for field goals and it bit 'em in the ass. 99 points scored. Great game.

scoutfsu99
11-29-14, 23:31

Also, Marshall lost.

Missed most of the FSU game b/c of work....first few drives were atrocious.

I did see the end of the GT/UGA game. That was pretty awesome. 53yrd field goal to tie as time expired. Nice game.

Grand58742
11-30-14, 00:02
Yeah he is definitely not heisman material this year. I'm picking Amari Cooper.

I think it's Marcus Mariota's to lose at this point. Kid is the real deal.

If they win the PAC-12 championship game (which they should) I think you'll hear his name a lot more.

Rekkr870
11-30-14, 00:03
I think it's Marcus Mariota's to lose at this point. Kid is the real deal.

If they win the PAC-12 championship game (which they should) I think you'll hear his name a lot more.
That's definitely a possibility. I've seen a few of their games and he is an outstanding player.

Grand58742
11-30-14, 00:22
That's definitely a possibility. I've seen a few of their games and he is an outstanding player.

He's not an egotist like Manziel was. And hasn't committed a felony like Winston.

So chances are he'll get overlooked lol

He's actually a good kid for a change.

Big A
11-30-14, 09:46
He's not an egotist like Manziel was. And hasn't committed a felony like Winston.

So chances are he'll get overlooked lol

He's actually a good kid for a change.

And what felony did Winston commit?

Rekkr870
11-30-14, 09:48
Committing to FSU.

Kidding, of course. [emoji3]

montanadave
11-30-14, 09:58
So how does this 4-team playoff set up? Does #1 play #3 and #2 play #4 in the semis or what?

Rekkr870
11-30-14, 09:59
So how does this 4-team playoff set up? Does #1 play #3 and #2 play #4 in the semis or what?
#1 plays #4. #2 plays #3.

montanadave
11-30-14, 10:17
#1 plays #4. #2 plays #3.

From what I've seen, the Ducks are gonna thump the 'noles.

Big A
11-30-14, 10:44
From what I've seen, the Ducks are gonna thump the 'noles.

They haven't played a real defense. That is something the PAC12 and BIG10 lack.

Don't get me wrong, the Noles need last year's Jameis instead of this year's more int prone Jameis but Oregon's offense has yet to face a defense that knows how to get after the QB on every down.

It should be interesting, I'm not saying Oregon can't or won't win but I don't see them putting up the kinda numbers they're used to. Especially in the second half where the Noles make adjustments and slow the opponent down. It will really come down to Jimbo's coaching because the talent is there now it's time to step it up and get it to mesh.

Besides, there is no guarantee that the top four teams will win their conference championship games. Could imagine that? If all the top 4 teams went down and suddenly 5-9 jumped up and were in?

Grand58742
11-30-14, 12:49

C'mon. For real? You can't tell me that rape "investigation" wasn't one of the most slipshod, halfassed cover up jobs anyone has ever construed.

Look, I'm the neutral and unbiased party in this as I have no FSU or ACC ties. But pennies to dollars says that kid did it and it was covered up.

Grand58742
11-30-14, 12:51
Don't get me wrong, the Noles need last year's Jameis instead of this year's more int prone Jameis but Oregon's offense has yet to face a defense that knows how to get after the QB on every down.

Arizona? Mariotta got sacked three times in that game and got hurried a lot more.

cwgibson
11-30-14, 13:00
C'mon. For real? You can't tell me that rape "investigation" wasn't one of the most slipshod, halfassed cover up jobs anyone has ever construed.

Look, I'm the neutral and unbiased party in this as I have no FSU or ACC ties. But pennies to dollars says that kid did it and it was covered up.

^^This^^

scoutfsu99
11-30-14, 13:20
^^This^^

Lol. Don't agree with the results of an investigation and it must be due to incompetence, favoritism, and outright criminal coverup.

I think people in Fergadishu were moaning about the same thing.:rolleyes:

Big A
11-30-14, 13:36

^^This^^

Oh ok, I guess Officer Wilson murdered Mike Brown then. And let's not forget those Duke Lacrosse players as they got away with gang raping a woman too!

I don't like Winston's off the field antics and I think he is an idiot when it comes to the world outside the gridiron, but as a man who has worked in the court system for over a decade I damn sure don't want to see an innocent man convicted of a claim made by a woman when there is no solid or only highly questionable evidence presented in the case.

Big A
11-30-14, 13:38
Lol. Don't agree with the results of an investigation and it must be due to incompetence, favoritism, and outright criminal coverup.

Nah, that couldn't be it. He has to be guilty simply because someone has accused him so we must lock him up.

cwgibson
11-30-14, 14:14

From what I have read yes, I would question the investigation. I have not followed the case that closely but if this were my daughter I would not be at all happy with the way things were handled, again from what I have read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grand58742
11-30-14, 14:29
Oh ok, I guess Officer Wilson murdered Mike Brown then. And let's not forget those Duke Lacrosse players as they got away with gang raping a woman too!

Apples and oranges my friend. And you know it.

Now you take the Winston case. The victim positively identified Winston as her attacker. And did the police ever take a DNA sample from him? No. Did they ever interview him? No. Did the State Attorney consider there was a lack of evidence in the case? Yes. Was the State Attorney a graduate from Florida State? Yes. Would anyone other than a Florida State fan consider that a biased and botched investigation?

Hell yeah. So don't compare the Duke case to this one where everything was found to have been fabricated and was backed by evidence. There was NO evidence in the Winston case since the TPD decided not to pursue it.

And furthermore, was Winston involved in a gun on campus incident in 2012? Yes. Was he charged or suspended even though it was a pellet gun? No. How many normal college students would have been immediately dismissed for doing such a thing? All of them.

Was Winston involved in willful destruction of property in 2012 as well and the owner of the apartment complex decided not to pursue charges? Yes.

Not even going to mention the crab legs thing since that was fairly petty. But it still happened.

The kid is bad news and has a history of behavior that would lead to any, ANY normal college student either getting charged, dismissed from school or in jail.

Grand58742
11-30-14, 14:30

I would agree with the results had an investigation from a neutral and unbiased party actually been conducted...

cwgibson
11-30-14, 14:39
I would agree with the results had an investigation from a neutral and unbiased party actually been conducted...

The initial lead investigator was also a FSU grad and had applied to be a booster or work there IIRC.

Grand58742
11-30-14, 15:26
In other CFB news today:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/30/alabama-birmingham-shuts-down-football-program-fires-athletic-director

Alabama-Birmingham is firing athletic director Brian Mackin and will announce later this week that it will be shutting down its football program, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The announcement will likely be Thursday and is a move that boosters and former players had feared for the last month. UAB is undergoing a university-wide yearlong comprehensive strategic planning study that includes the evaluation of the financial viability of football.

The University of Alabama System Board of Trustees oversees UAB and many Blazers supporters believe the board wanted to shut down their football team because of a feud with former athletic Gene Bartow and to eliminate any competition with the Alabama Crimson Tide.

scoutfsu99
11-30-14, 17:59
The initial lead investigator was also a FSU grad and had applied to be a booster or work there IIRC.

I'd argue that quite a few of lawyers in FL have gone through the law program at FSU. I think that in any state, you're going to find things like that across all professions. But this is all probably material for another thread rather than devolving this entire thread into the (lack of a) character of one person.

J8127
11-30-14, 23:20
Winston's accuser was a self described "#cleatchaser" that changed her story three times when she initially reported it. Her story evolved from being knocked out to being drug out of the club to total amnesia. Her final story involved her being black out drunk and waking up to a man on top of her. Her toxicology came back clean and Jamies had multiple witnesses supporting that it was consensual. When they did the DNA testing they found multiple sets of semen in her underwear, one belonging to her boyfriend who refused to cooperate with the investigation. Winston's accuser was seen attending football games within weeks of the alleged incident, despite her accused attacker now being the biggest star in the country.

Quit churching up the property damage incident. A bunch of teenagers had a bb gun fight. Soul-rattling stuff.

The signatures turned out to very well possibly being fake to begin with. He was also not accused of ever taking any money like Gurley, nor did said accuser have a ****ing video of him doing it like Gurley.

He was punished for the crap leg thing, he was suspended during the baseball season (Winston is an MLB talent pitcher as well). Additionally, if anyone bothered to read it, he ordered the crab legs, did his grocery shopping, paid for the groceries, then went back to pick up his order and forgot he hadn't paid. How nefarious.

The only reason yelling "**** her right in the pussy" was a headline was because he is Jameis Winston and Ray Rice had just happened. That was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

It is now to the point that people can just make shit up like the point-shaving accusation of a known liar on an internet gambling message board and suddenly it's an ESPN headline.

The only thing Winston is guilty of is being an immature kid with the national spotlight on him 24/7. I'll let the first one of you who never did anything stupid as a kid cast the first stone.

EDIT- Winston's prosecutor once took an FSU football player to court over a rape allegation that took the jury 9 minutes to decide he was innocent, and HE determined there wasn't enough evidence against Winston to even go to trial.

montanadave
12-01-14, 08:52
The only thing Winston is guilty of is being an immature kid with the national spotlight on him 24/7. I'll let the first one of you who never did anything stupid as a kid cast the first stone.

That pretty much captures my view from the cheap seats.

If he's guilty of a serious charge, he needs to pay full freight. As for the rest of it, it looks like a bunch of haters pickin' shit with the chickens.

chuckman
12-01-14, 09:20

I am the first person to step to the front of the line regarding doing stupid shit as a kid, and I am the first to allow "the process" to flesh out before crying for anyone to stand before the man. HOWEVER...I don't believe in coincidences, and Winston has been involved in too many close brushes with legally dubious behavior for him to escape fully without any crap splattered. He is either extremely stupid and full of bad ju-ju or the target of multiple, baseless accusations of which he has no culpibility. There is a third possibility, in that he is teflon and being protected by the FSU alumni and those well-connected.

nova3930
12-01-14, 10:34
ACC 4 SEC 0.....[emoji3]

ACC 4, SEC East 0. Probably every west team except A&M could win the east and A&M might come in 2nd or 3rd.

I am a bundle of nerves today. So many variables. Ready for it to begin.

-Jax

I was too and with good reason. What the dawgs did was roughly the equivalent of crapping the bed and rolling around in it.... :(

Palmguy
12-01-14, 11:51
ACC 4, SEC East 0. Probably every west team except A&M could win the east and A&M might come in 2nd or 3rd.

Georgia was the only upset....in the other three games, the ACC team was favored (and FSU and Louisville failed to cover the spread).

This weekend should be interesting, rematch of Oregon/Arizona, I think Bama will stomp Missouri, and wouldn't be surprised if Georgia Tech takes down FSU.

chuckman
12-01-14, 12:05
Georgia was the only upset....in the other three games, the ACC team was favored (and FSU and Louisville failed to cover the spread).

This weekend should be interesting, rematch of Oregon/Arizona, I think Bama will stomp Missouri, and wouldn't be surprised if Georgia Tech takes down FSU.

I do not like Ga Tech; I have a loud-mouthed, brash brother-in-law who thinks the sun rises and sets over ga Tech, and even I am pulling for Tech in this one.

nova3930
12-01-14, 12:16
and FSU and Louisville failed to cover the spread).

UF and UK aren't what you'd call good either....

J8127
12-01-14, 21:05
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/77864/fact-acc-delivers-message-to-sec

Rekkr870
12-06-14, 18:30
So, who wins tonight?

VIP3R 237
12-06-14, 18:38
So, who wins tonight?

I think Ga Tech has a really good chance at pulling the upset.

Rekkr870
12-06-14, 20:13
I think Ga Tech has a really good chance at pulling the upset.
I think so too. GT is really impressive in how they execute their offense. This is going to be a shootout, I bet.

FSU always has a great 4th quarter though.

Rekkr870
12-06-14, 22:31
Good game to both teams. I enjoyed watching it, that's for sure.

J8127
12-07-14, 13:59
Props to GaTech and all, but I really hate watching option teams. It just feels like such a shitty/bitchy/lame way to play. I hated watching Nebraska do it and I hate it now.

Unfortunately, I do not have high hopes for the Oregon game. I'll be a bad fan and go in expecting to get crushed. I actually like an Alabama matchup much more.

Big A
12-07-14, 14:03
So,

It will be #1 Alabama vs #4 Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl and #2 Oregon vs #3 Florida State in the Rose Bowl.

I think it is bullshit that OSU is in over Baylor but ESPN is always fellating Urban Meyer/OSU so no real surprise...

chuckman
12-08-14, 10:16
I think so too. GT is really impressive in how they execute their offense. This is going to be a shootout, I bet.

FSU always has a great 4th quarter though.

GT offense is solid. Their defense is suspect, and has been all year. I am disappointed but not surprised in the outcome.

nova3930
12-08-14, 11:56
I think it is bullshit that OSU is in over Baylor but ESPN is always fellating Urban Meyer/OSU so no real surprise...

I'm now convinced more than ever that even if we had beaten Ole Miss, we'd have gotten hosed out of the playoff in favor of OSU. Apparently if you're not a Big $ program, the only way to make the playoff is to go undefeated.

Oh well, guess the Orange Bowl isn't too bad, even if it is too far to go at this particular moment.

VIP3R 237
12-08-14, 12:12
So,

It will be #1 Alabama vs #4 Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl and #2 Oregon vs #3 Florida State in the Rose Bowl.

I understand the frustration, but could Baylors 3rd string QB beat Wisconsin 59-0? That is a signature win that would vault any team. I think the Big 12 not having a championship is what really kept them out, as well as a cupcake out of conference schedule.

nova3930
12-08-14, 12:36
I understand the frustration, but could Baylors 3rd string QB beat Wisconsin 59-0? That is a signature win that would vault any team. I think the Big 12 not having a championship is what really kept them out, as well as a cupcake out of conference schedule.

Crappy LSU, the 5th best team in the SECW beat Wisconsin. Not by that margin but still, at that rate I'm not calling it a signature...

Big A
12-08-14, 13:41
I'm now convinced more than ever that even if we had beaten Ole Miss, we'd have gotten hosed out of the playoff in favor of OSU. Apparently if you're not a Big $ program, the only way to make the playoff is to go undefeated.

Oh well, guess the Orange Bowl isn't too bad, even if it is too far to go at this particular moment.

I agree that the Big 12 not having a championship did hurt them but I also thought it was ridiculous that TCU was ranked over Baylor after Baylor beat them.(Don't even get me started on FSU not being #1 :mad: ) But for whatever reason ESPN just always seems to ride the nuts of 3 teams OSU, ND and Michigan and they always seem to want them in the big bowls and do their damnedest to make sure one of them is in there.

OSU beating the bricks off of a 10-2 Wisconson isn't that impressive. Especially considering they got beat by Va.Tech who went on to lose 6 games, including the next 2 after beating OSU.

Plus, if you don't put a Big 12 team like Baylor or TCU in there all we are ever going to hear is "They can't compete with the major confrences" with out finding for sure if they can or not.

austinN4
12-08-14, 14:23
But for whatever reason ESPN just always seems to ride the nuts of 3 teams OSU, ND and Michigan and they always seem to want them in the big bowls and do their damnedest to make sure one of them is in there.
You have said ESPN a couple of tiomes - I did not know that ESPN was part of the CFP committee. Are they?

VIP3R 237
12-08-14, 14:30
I think if it was Texas and Oklahoma instead of TCU and Baylor one if not both would've made it, they have more of a sex appeal haha.

I think top to bottom the big 12 and pac 12 are stronger than the Sec.

Big A
12-08-14, 15:00
You have said ESPN a couple of tiomes - I did not know that ESPN was part of the CFP committee. Are they?

They are not part of the committee itself but they have all the tv rights to the games.

If you watch their shows about college football they're always talking up those 3 teams, mostly reminiscing about Michigan though as they haven't been good in years.

austinN4
12-08-14, 17:25
This is the quote that made me think you thought they part of the selection committee.

But yes, as you said, "They are not part of the committee itself but they have all the tv rights to the games."

The reasoning: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/BMOC141208/the-college-football-playoff-committee-stayed-true-final-selections

J-Dub
12-09-14, 11:04
If you want fair, watch DIII, DII, and D1aa. They have actual playoffs, that make sense.

I could bitch and moan that TCU got left out, but who cares that much about it to do so??? Not me. TCU should've beat BU when they had a 21 point lead, just as BU should've beat WV.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.....didn't.

Rekkr870
01-01-15, 19:30
Ole Miss and Miss State looked BAD. At least Arkansas won; go HOGS.

Don't think FSU is gonna come back from this one, either. Oregon is looking good.

Palmguy
01-01-15, 20:09
Quack quack...

Ducks were damn impressive tonight.

Eurodriver
01-01-15, 20:11
Damn!

That was bad to watch. I wanted FSU to lose and I still felt bad for Cook. Guys probably 18 and directly resulted in 14 points for Oregon.

At least they lost by almost 30!

HKGuns
01-01-15, 20:21
The Criminowles got SMOKED.

Grand58742
01-01-15, 20:26
Can't help but lol

http://www.volnation.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88415&amp;d=1420164465

ucrt
01-01-15, 20:54
Did anyone see 2/3's of Florida walked off the field without shaking hands?
Bunch of "nanny nanny booboo" losers.

Oh well...some people's kids...

3 AE
01-01-15, 21:12
Did anyone see 2/3's of Florida walked off the field without shaking hands?
Bunch of "nanny nanny booboo" losers.

Oh well...some people's kids...

Yeah, that was pretty sad example of sportsmanship displayed by FSU. Well, now they've experienced first hand of what it must feel like to get mugged in a hurricane!

VIP3R 237
01-01-15, 21:31
I think tcu-bama would've been a better game, but the way the Ducks played I don't think it matters who wins.

J8127
01-01-15, 21:37
Allegedly, FSU walked off because Oregon was chanting "No means No". I still think it was a poor decision, though.

FSU got embarrassed in the second half, what was that, like 5 fumbles? We left something like 17 points on the field in the first half and gave Oregon 34 in the second, very, very poor game for us.

But, I will leave with the same comment I gave my UF and UM fan friends.

Let he who is 30-0 cast the first stone.

VIP3R 237
01-01-15, 23:48
Roll tears roll! The 'best conference' has lost again. Pac-12 all the way baby!!!

Eurodriver
01-02-15, 07:00
Allegedly, FSU walked off because Oregon was chanting "No means No". I still think it was a poor decision, though.

Yeah..uhh...allegedly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-JfofRtp3I

J-Dub
01-02-15, 08:07
Roll TOAD!

Glad to see TCU held their heads high and put a bitch slapping to the all mighty SEC.....also glad THE ohio st. beat Mr. Frowny Face Satan...I mean Saban. And glad to see the Ducks beat FSU too.

Big A
01-02-15, 08:08
I said they would be one and done. I think Alabama and FSU in the Sugar Bowl would have been a better game for my Noles. At least they wouldn't have had to travel as far.

I don't see Oregon losing to OSU but we'll find out next week.

I think Jameis needs to stay another year to (hopefully) mature and learn how to become a game manager before he enters the draft but I doubt he will.

Rekkr870
01-02-15, 08:10
Yeah..uhh...allegedly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-JfofRtp3I
That's hilarious.

Double3
01-02-15, 08:16
I think tcu-bama would've been a better game, but the way the Ducks played I don't think it matters who wins.

Oregon beat a FSU team that would have lost 5-6 games this season if they played anyone.

Eurodriver
01-02-15, 08:20
Oregon beat a FSU team that would have lost 5-6 games this season if they played anyone.

No doubt.

FSU almost lost to Florida and Miami - both were unranked.

I live in Florida and I am glad FSU lost. I am not picky when it comes to representing Florida's teams, but I was sick and tired of hearing things like "Dynasty" and "Best team in college football history" and "Sexual Assault" and "Resisting Arrest". They played garbage teams and barely squeaked by all season. I'm so glad Oregon got to put them in their place - they don't even deserve to be in the championship.

Smash
01-02-15, 09:07
Roll TOAD!

Glad to see TCU held their heads high and put a bitch slapping to the all mighty SEC.....also glad THE ohio st. beat Mr. Frowny Face Satan...I mean Saban. And glad to see the Ducks beat FSU too.

It was great watching TCU do what I knew they were capable of. Even sweeter was Baylor blowing a 20 point 4th Qtr lead, like we did for them. I went to Texas Tech and TCU and both teams do a good job of losing games they should win, so it was nice for TCU to dominate the entire game and save my heart a few beats in life. And thank God for WatchESPN.com since I had to be at work during game time.

docsherm
01-02-15, 11:11

You are correct. But no one expected OSU to beat OBama. I think it will be a good game. If you look at the o ly common team that both played, Michagain St, the Ducks best them by 19 at home and OSU beat them by 12 on the road at the end of the season. Should be a good game at a nuteral field.

I really have no dog in the fight, I have already won knowing that once there was a playoff, still not even close to being what it needs to be, the SEC is no where to be seen in the National Championship game.

VIP3R 237
01-02-15, 11:18
Haha I wrote that when bama was up 21-6... Ohio State surprised me, they lit up the vaunted bama defense with their third string QB, and I think it would've gotten really ugly if OSU had their starter in. Another thing that impressed me was how fast the buckeye players were. I'm happy as well that their is no sec team in it! I don't think the sec is going to die by any means, but can we stop with the sec is king talk? I'd say the Pac 12 is as good if not better than the sec from top to bottom this year.

You are correct. But no one expected OSU to beat OBama. I think it will be a good game. If you look at the o ly common team that both played, Michagain St, the Ducks best them by 19 at home and OSU beat them by 12 on the road at the end of the season. Should be a good game at a nuteral field.

I really have no dog in the fight, I have already won knowing that once there was a playoff, still not even close to being what it needs to be, the SEC is no where to be seen in the National Championship game.

Rekkr870
01-02-15, 11:19
I'm what you would call an SEC "fanboy." The fact is that OSU played championship football and Bama didn't. The Ducks looked VERY impressive as well. Coming from someone who loves SEC football, I can still say that I'm very excited about the Oregon vs OSU game. This year has been a great one for college football and I think that Oregon and Ohio state have the best teams in the country this year.

WickedWillis
01-02-15, 11:54
I would love to see Oregon win the championship this year. It will probably be the best chance they have for years to come, and Mariota seems like a real stand-up guy. I'm a Portland native, and have always rooted for them despite the fact they are not my favorite college team. It's hard not to like Urban Meyer as well, even though I cannot stand OSU. the two most positive things from this weekend are; Saban cannot win another championship, and Winston lost his first (and only) college game. Should be a fun championship game.

ForTehNguyen
01-02-15, 17:32
no one of the big teams but University of Houston vs Pittsburgh in the Armed Forces Bowl. UH was losing 31-6 in 4Q, and in the last 10 minutes of the game won it with 35-34

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152922658834831

cwgibson
01-02-15, 21:32
Roll tears roll! The 'best conference' has lost again. Pac-12 all the way baby!!!

The SEC is the best from top to bottom. It's been a great year for parity in college football. My Vols should make some noise within the next year or so.

Eurodriver
01-02-15, 21:43
The SEC is the best from top to bottom.

Without question. In the 15 years the BCS existed, 8 championships were earned by the SEC. You didn't see domination like that from the Big 12 or anyone else.

Everyone has off years, and the SEC will be back in due time. The people gloating are doing so because this is the first chance they've gotten in years and years.

docsherm
01-02-15, 22:58
Without question. In the 15 years the BCS existed, 8 championships were earned by the SEC. You didn't see domination like that from the Big 12 or anyone else.

Everyone has off years, and the SEC will be back in due time. The people gloating are doing so because this is the first chance they've gotten in years and years.

Before the ABC/ESPN owned BCS crap look at what teams were on top. Get rid of the BCS and the SEC is out again.....coincidence i think not.

cwgibson
01-02-15, 23:28
Before the ABC/ESPN owned BCS crap look at what teams were on top. Get rid of the BCS and the SEC is out again.....coincidence i think not.

Funny

HKGuns
01-02-15, 23:59

I refuse to watch that four letter "sports" network. Partly because I am sick of them constantly cheer-leading the SEC, along with a few other valid reasons. Both are over rated and the U.S. needs a better alternative to the four letter "sports" network.

J-Dub
01-03-15, 06:23
I refuse to watch that four letter "sports" network. Partly because I am sick of them constantly cheer-leading the SEC, along with a few other valid reasons. Both are over rated and the U.S. needs a better alternative to the four letter "sports" network.

I simply cant take the personalities and the garbage programming. Do you really need 10 shows a day talking about the same 2 topics???

Yes the SEC has had a good run, but guess what, other conferences have caught up...its called no huddle, turn and burn offenses. SEC has always been bigger and stronger. Well speed and quickness is the name of the game at the moment (along with some cardiovascular endurance). Don't worry, give it a few years and the game will go back to the ground and pound...3 yards and a cloud of dust. These trends are cyclical.

nova3930
01-03-15, 08:22
I'm just glad I didn't drive 13 hours to Miami to see my dogs play :(

Eurodriver
01-03-15, 08:45

Before the BCS crap, and the AP poll, and all that commercialization and 6-point touchdown crap look at what teams were on top. Get rid of the BCS, ESPN, AP Poll, and Princeton, Yale, and Notre Dame are on top again.

Of course if we go down the rung one more step we see Alabama...

docsherm
01-03-15, 09:40
Before the BCS crap, and the AP poll, and all that commercialization and 6-point touchdown crap look at what teams were on top. Get rid of the BCS, ESPN, AP Poll, and Princeton, Yale, and Notre Dame are on top again.

Of course if we go down the rung one more step we see Alabama...

Go back to the beginning and I believe Harvard is on top....followed by Oklahoma and Alabama. So yes the Big 12 and after those two if memory serves me there are several PAC 12 and BIG 10 teams. Not too many SEC besides Alabama.

cwgibson
01-03-15, 12:08
Now this list excludes teams not currently in a power five conference which is not fair IMO but looks to be a pretty good list.

http://fansided.com/2014/10/18/50-greatest-college-football-programs-time-statistically-ranked/

VIP3R 237
01-03-15, 12:36
According to experts at espn and such, with the bcs system we would've had a bama fsu game this year. Now after we've seen the playoffs we know that wouldn't have had the 2 best teams in it. I look at all the years the bcs busters went undefeated. Utah should have 2 national championships after they blew away bama in 08 and Pitt in 04, I'm sure Boise state and tcu also should have a couple.

J8127
01-03-15, 15:03
I feel like it's hard to tell how Oregon stacks up against OSU because FSU ****ed the second half away so bad. People instantly forgot that FSU was down 25-20 and driving unhindered for the lead in the 3rd quarter before they turned the ball over. four. drives. straight. They gained 500+ yards and couldn't stop Winston or the running game when they weren't flailing the damn ball around. OSU meanwhile had to come back from 21-6 against a team that didn't completely implode.

Also, this uproar over the hand shaking thing has reached a level of absurdity only FSU can bring about. Nobody is crying about Alabama running off the field.

VIP3R 237
01-03-15, 19:51
For those of you who do listen to espn radio i'm sure you heard of Phyllis. Well she's back.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2318118-alabama-fan-phyllis-goes-off-on-paul-finebaum-show-after-sugar-bowl-loss

Grand58742
01-03-15, 20:17
For those of you who do listen to espn radio i'm sure you heard of Phyllis. Well she's back.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2318118-alabama-fan-phyllis-goes-off-on-paul-finebaum-show-after-sugar-bowl-loss

She seriously needs some psychological help...

ETA: I also think Finebaum is a complete and utter douche.

VIP3R 237
01-03-15, 20:19
She seriously needs some psychological help...

ETA: I also think Finebaum is a complete and utter douche.

Yes on both accounts. I do enjoy the banter from Cowherd about Phyllis.

Grand58742
01-03-15, 20:23
Yes on both accounts. I do enjoy the banter from Cowherd about Phyllis.

Cowherd is awesome at instigating stuff. Like when he predicted UT would beat Bama this year and the entire State of Alabama erupted in indignation.

I'm not a fan of most sportscasters out there these days. Too many homers in the system.

J-Dub
01-03-15, 21:24
I like Cowherd. I don't agree with him on everything (though I do agree with him 75-80% of the time), but I can respect him for putting together thoughtful discussion, unlike most of the espn hacks (see skip bayless, the idiot he argues with, Greenberg, the Cuban dude, etc)