PDA

View Full Version : Interviewing for NWSC job in Crane

Bruce in WV
10-06-14, 16:44
Research into IN laws and general firearms attitudes seem pretty acceptable.
If I get the job, moving to a job in new area is always easier with some advance scouting and talking with folks who BTDT. So... where do folks live who work at the Naval Weapons Support Center and what shooting activities are available nearby?

Hop
10-06-14, 20:15
I wish I knew someone down that way. I'm in Indy. It's really nice down in Southern IN. Bloomington, Bedford & Washington are the towns surrounding Crane.

IN gun laws here are pretty 2A friendly. No SBS allowed for some reason though. There are a lot of gun stores and shooting clubs but not many long range shooting clubs. http://ingunowners.com is the board you'll want to join.

I applied for a couple "Field Service Representative/Engineering Support Technologist‏ " positions with URS. Just got a HR bot written ding email for one of them although I think I would be a great fit for the job. Ugh. :(

jwfuhrman
10-06-14, 20:19
Most of the Long Range clubs are up North. Luckily one of them is my home range and is 25min from home and I run the 3gun and other shooting sports for the club. Get out to 1000 and the owner is wanting to put in a 1500.

Gabriel556
11-11-14, 19:06
Bruce, my BIL and SIL live in Bloomfield and he works at Crane. It is a 20 minute drive for him and he has about 18 acres down there. He typically hunts with a shotgun or bow, and I don't know where he shoots the AR.

If you take the job, PM me and I'll get you connected with him. He's a great guy even if you just pick his brain about the area.

Nick

joe138
11-17-14, 12:32
I live in the Bedford area. Most that work at Crane live in either Greene or Lawrence County, as they are closet to Crane. I know several that work at Crane in various divisions. Southern Indiana is a great place to live. The Bloomington area is home to Indiana University and all the liberalism that comes with it. Bedford in night/day different than Bloomington. If, when you get to the area let us know. Welcome

MBtech
11-19-14, 11:02
Research into IN laws and general firearms attitudes seem pretty acceptable.
If I get the job, moving to a job in new area is always easier with some advance scouting and talking with folks who BTDT. So... where do folks live who work at the Naval Weapons Support Center and what shooting activities are available nearby?

My wife's great grandparents both retired from there, they lived in Springville which is very close to Bedford and Bloomington. As far as shooting activity nearby Panther Ridge Training Center is very close to Crane, it is located in Solsberry.

pantherridgetrainingcenter.com

Pistol and 100-600 yards available, $185 for year membership I believe.