PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Muslims receive special praise from obama

Honu
10-07-14, 06:07
http://kfor.com/2014/10/04/oklahoma-muslims-receive-special-praise-from-white-house-officials/

so the place where the guy who beheaded people worshiped
and obama had a message flown in and hand delivered

He read a message from President Barrack Obama, extending warm greetings from the American people during the Muslim holiday.

“Your service is a powerful example of the powerful roots of the Abrahamic faiths and how our communities can come together with shared peace with dignity and a sense of justice,” President Barack Obama said.

also check out the kelly file video here
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/06/read-the-message-obama-had-hand-delivered-to-the-mosque-reportedly-attended-by-oklahoma-beheading-suspect/
with a member of that mosque

anymore nothing shocks me

Airhasz
10-07-14, 06:10
It's all good till people start losing their heads.

The_War_Wagon
10-07-14, 06:52
ALL mohammedans receive special praise from obama

Fixed it for ya'... :rolleyes:

http://tpc.pc2.netdna-cdn.com/images/Muslim_American_History.jpg

BoringGuy45
10-07-14, 09:33
Leaders of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City say it’s been a tough month for Muslims here in Oklahoma after being associated with the beheading at Vaughan foods in Moore.

Those poor, poor people, having to assume that other people might be assuming things about them. I hate to break it the Islamic Society of Greater OKC, but they're not unique, in that anytime anybody commits an act of violence in the name of anything, assumptions are going to be made about that group, right or wrong. They think that practicing Christians aren't constantly being judged every time the Westboro Baptist Church rear their ugly heads, especially in a nation that things that using the word "fag" is a thousand times worse than beheading a person? They think Jews aren't treated badly in response to anything Israel does...or simply for just being Jewish?

Okay, we get it. 90% of Muslims are peaceful people. We get it. WE GET IT. WE. GET. IT. That phrase is repeated more in any press conference the president gives than anything he says regarding the event that compels him to repeatedly assure us that Muslims are peaceful. Your average person is not going to commit a hate crime; I doubt anyone was about to burn down a mosque until CAIR or President Obama changed their mind. The idiot who does commit hate crimes is going to do it no matter how much the president pleads with him not to. But the fact is, even by Muslims' own stats, 10% of Muslims, that's about 160 million people who advocate or practice violence in the name of Islam. If it were separate from moderate Islam, that would make it the 5th largest religion in the world. If they all gathered in one place, they would be the 7th largest country in the world. That's more people than in Russia or Japan. If these radicals really have no part of moderate Islam, that means the radicals are gunning for them too. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to start lashing out at the radicals and aligning themselves with the enemies of the radicals, rather than preemptively lashing out at us infidels for hate crimes that we were never going to commit. What they don't seem to realize (or maybe they do), when they do the liberal thing and attack non-Muslims as the cause of radical behavior rather than attack the atrocious acts of the terrorists, what that says is, "If given the choice between the two, we would see them as the lesser of two evils and would align with them before you."

brickboy240
10-07-14, 10:50
I am also pretty sure 90% of the German people did not put people into ovens, either.

...your point?

alvincullumyork
10-07-14, 12:20
I am also pretty sure 90% of the German people did not put people into ovens, either.

...your point?

Exactly. "The peaceful majority is irrelevant!"

BoringGuy45
10-07-14, 12:35

...your point?

My point? The President and these Muslim groups need to spend more time condemning the acts of Islamic extremist terrorism and less time treating average Americans as the more serious terrorist threat who need to be constantly reminded not to lynch people.

Yeah, a few stupid bigots committed hate crimes against Arabs, Muslims, and others after 9/11. But in the same way that it's wrong to think that all 1.3 billion Muslims are responsible for 9/11 or the acts of ISIS, it's wrong and stupid to think that a few ignorant jerks represent the hundreds of millions of non-Muslims in our nation. When the WBC pickets soldiers' funerals, do I feel the need, as a Christian, to constantly remind everyone I know that I am NOT a member of the WBC and that most Christians are not like that? No, because I figure if a person is too stupid or willfully ignorant to figure that out for himself, he's not worth me giving him any thought.

Honu
10-07-14, 14:14
not sure you can say %90 are peaceful when there are quite a few countries that are almost %90 one sided to kill you and want sharia law ? and if you leave the religion kill you ? and believe woman are basically property ? and believe all gays should be killed

the problem is that many think OK %90 of muslims are peaceful and those are bogus numbers big time

OH you might have meant only the ones here in America ? well when polled about %25 of muslim youth in America think jihad and suicide bombings are OK

OK just over half about %58 reject Al Qaeda so basically about half the muslims in this country are bad ! thats a pretty high %

the problem is sure they did not commit those crimes but the problem is they are OK with the crimes !!! and won't denounce them or stand up against them and do believe that they will rule the world and conqueror you and you will be dead or turned into muslim or slaved ! and that is a huge %

you mention Germany ? no many Germans were not all bad but anyone who was a Nazi was !!! and many would turn in there Jewish friends etc... so while not all Germans were Nazis some wanted to be and many were bad as the Nazis !!! so sadly a huge part of Germany was Ok with what was going on

rocsteady
10-07-14, 16:14
This just backs one of the most maddening issues with the liberal democrats; it's okay to judge every American gun owner based on the acts of a handful of lunatics but it is just absolutely, completely, utterly insane of anyone to condemn a group based on a "small percentage" of people who flat out state that it's okay to kill Americans when questioned. Even when it is pointed out that the "small percentage" comes out to be 160 million people?!!

Moose-Knuckle
10-07-14, 16:35
Gee guys, I mean really. I don't know what you all are up in arms about. That beheading thing was just another case of workplace violence . . .

:jester:

glocktogo
10-07-14, 16:58
Here are my thoughts in a nutshell.

If your religion is so fragile that adherents who renounce it should be killed, that tells me it's pretty fragile and can't withstand a critical assessment on its own merits.

If your religion tells you that yours is superior to all others and should rule the earth, it isn't and it shouldn't.

If adherents of your religion are responsible for a significant portion of the world's ongoing conflicts and atrocities, either it's easily twisted and manipulated, or it really does lend itself to violence.

Finally, if your religion tells you it's OK to condemn others and how they live their lives, particularly when they ACTUALLY practice peace and kindness towards their fellow man, don't get your knickers in a twist when I return the favor.

Honu
10-07-14, 17:12
and if you are told to convert or die !

Here are my thoughts in a nutshell.

If your religion is so fragile that adherents who renounce it should be killed, that tells me it's pretty fragile and can't withstand a critical assessment on its own merits.

If your religion tells you that yours is superior to all others and should rule the earth, it isn't and it shouldn't.

If adherents of your religion are responsible for a significant portion of the world's ongoing conflicts and atrocities, either it's easily twisted and manipulated, or it really does lend itself to violence.

Finally, if your religion tells you it's OK to condemn others and how they live their lives, particularly when they ACTUALLY practice peace and kindness towards their fellow man, don't get your knickers in a twist when I return the favor.

MorphCross
10-07-14, 17:18
Those poor, poor people, having to assume that other people might be assuming things about them. I hate to break it the Islamic Society of Greater OKC, but they're not unique, in that anytime anybody commits an act of violence in the name of anything, assumptions are going to be made about that group, right or wrong. They think that practicing Christians aren't constantly being judged every time the Westboro Baptist Church rear their ugly heads, especially in a nation that things that using the word "fag" is a thousand times worse than beheading a person? They think Jews aren't treated badly in response to anything Israel does...or simply for just being Jewish?

Okay, we get it. 90% of Muslims are peaceful people. We get it. WE GET IT. WE. GET. IT. That phrase is repeated more in any press conference the president gives than anything he says regarding the event that compels him to repeatedly assure us that Muslims are peaceful. Your average person is not going to commit a hate crime; I doubt anyone was about to burn down a mosque until CAIR or President Obama changed their mind. The idiot who does commit hate crimes is going to do it no matter how much the president pleads with him not to. But the fact is, even by Muslims' own stats, 10% of Muslims, that's about 160 million people who advocate or practice violence in the name of Islam. If it were separate from moderate Islam, that would make it the 5th largest religion in the world. If they all gathered in one place, they would be the 7th largest country in the world. That's more people than in Russia or Japan. If these radicals really have no part of moderate Islam, that means the radicals are gunning for them too. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to start lashing out at the radicals and aligning themselves with the enemies of the radicals, rather than preemptively lashing out at us infidels for hate crimes that we were never going to commit. What they don't seem to realize (or maybe they do), when they do the liberal thing and attack non-Muslims as the cause of radical behavior rather than attack the atrocious acts of the terrorists, what that says is, "If given the choice between the two, we would see them as the lesser of two evils and would align with them before you."

I think a lot of people are missing BoringGuy45's point. Think very hard, 1.6 billion, nearly a quarter of this worlds population, 22.5 percent are followers of Islam in one form or another. Over 1 in 5 people. Many of these followers are located in Africa, Asia, and Europe. If a bulk of these people decided F*** anyone who doesn't follow Islam it would lead to the greatest mass genocide this world has ever seen. So to a degree, no they are not "irrelevant" rather they are apathetic. It isn't much different to how many act towards other groups being targets of genocide.

What BoringGuy45 is suggesting is that followers of Islam need to take a proactive role in outing those who force extremist/fundamentalist/puritanical views of Islam. I agree with BoringGuy45 in that respect. The question remains how do you get the cooperation of whatever percentage is moderate.

Moose-Knuckle
10-07-14, 20:14
If a bulk of these people decided F*** anyone who doesn't follow Islam it would lead to the greatest mass genocide this world has ever seen.

If the noble peaceful Muslim decides to go all in you would see the Hebrew nation finally take their gloves off and some really bright lights off in the distance lol.

If they attmepted said "genocide" here they would come to know the words of Admiral Yamamoto "There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" in an intimate way.

glocktogo
10-07-14, 23:17
I think a lot of people are missing BoringGuy45's point. Think very hard, 1.6 billion, nearly a quarter of this worlds population, 22.5 percent are followers of Islam in one form or another. Over 1 in 5 people. Many of these followers are located in Africa, Asia, and Europe. If a bulk of these people decided F*** anyone who doesn't follow Islam it would lead to the greatest mass genocide this world has ever seen. So to a degree, no they are not "irrelevant" rather they are apathetic. It isn't much different to how many act towards other groups being targets of genocide.

What BoringGuy45 is suggesting is that followers of Islam need to take a proactive role in outing those who force extremist/fundamentalist/puritanical views of Islam. I agree with BoringGuy45 in that respect. The question remains how do you get the cooperation of whatever percentage is moderate.

You don't, because people who defend Islam as "a religion of peace" like that bobbleheaded idiot Ben Affleck did on Maher's show don't really understand it. Islam is FAR more than a mere religion. It's a religion wrapped in a judicial system, smothered in secret social order sauce. They can't separate bigotry against a "peaceful" religion, from rightful condemnation of monotheistic fascism. Well guess what? Neither can "faithful" practicing Muslims. If they do, they're considered as unfaithful and barely a step above the apostates.

Some of the prominent Muslims who are refusing to condemn ISIS as "not Islamic", are right. The only reason many of the Imams and Muftis are is because they don't want to be judged by the actions of ISIS. They want to head off Islamophobia more than they want to head off ISIS itself. If they all spent a fraction as much of their time combating the "hijacking" of their religion by sociopathic savages like ISIS, they wouldn't have to worry about Islamophobia.

But in truth, they really don't worry about it as much as they let on. Since the 1997 Runnymede Trust report on Islamophobia, they have taken control of the message. Here are the 8 components they say define Islamophobia:

1) Islam is seen as a monolithic bloc, static and unresponsive to change.
2) Islam is seen as separate and 'other'. It does not have values in common with other cultures, is not affected by them and does not influence them.
3) Islam is seen as inferior to the West. It is seen as barbaric, irrational, primitive and sexist.
4) Islam is seen as violent, aggressive, threatening, supportive of terrorism and engaged in a 'clash of civilisations'.
5) Islam is seen as a political ideology and is used for political or military advantage.
6) Criticisms made of the West by Islam are rejected out of hand.
7) Hostility towards Islam is used to justify discriminatory practices towards Muslims and exclusion of Muslims from mainstream society.
8) Anti-Muslim hostility is seen as natural or normal.

While I think most of us could agree on several of those points, a few of them seem specifically enumerated to shield Islam from exactly what they define as an "open view" of Islam, "which, while founded on respect for Islam, permit legitimate disagreement, dialogue and critique." So if you can't even discuss widespread (and it IS widespread) acts like barbarism, sexism, terrorism, or even political ideology without being labeled an Islamophobe, what's left? Tea rituals and how to properly wear a kaftan?

Not satisfied with cutting serious debate off at the knees by branding everyone who disagrees with the negative aspects of Islam an Islamophobe, they went so far as to convert Islamophobia from bigotry to racism. You know, because racism has that added "punch" that bigotry just can't muster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamophobia#Racism

Racism

Several scholars consider Islamophobia as a form of racism.[20] A 2007 article in Journal of Sociology defines Islamophobia as anti-Muslim racism and a continuation of anti-Asian and anti-Arab racism.[21] Similarly, John Denham has drawn parallels between modern Islamophobia and the antisemitism of the 1930s,[22] so have Maud Olofsson,[23] and Jan Hjärpe, among others.[24][25][26][27] Author Doug Saunders has drawn parallels between current Islamophobia and the older discrimination and hate against Roman Catholics.[28][29][30][30][31][20]

Others have questioned the supposed relationship between Islamophobia and racism. Jocelyne Cesari writes that "academics are still debating the legitimacy of the term and questioning how it differs from other terms such as racism, anti-Islamism, anti-Muslimness, and anti-Semitism."[32][33] Erdenir finds that "there is no consensus on the scope and content of the term and its relationship with concepts such as racism ...”[34] and Shryock, reviewing the use of the term across national boundaries, comes to the same conclusion.[35] On occasion race does come into play. Diane Frost defines Islamophobia as anti-Muslim feeling and violence based on “race” and/or religion.[36] Islamophobia may also target people who have Muslim names, or have a look that is associated with Muslims.[31] According to Alan Johnson, Islamophobia sometimes can be nothing more than xenophobia or racism "wrapped in religious terms."[37]

The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) defines Islamophobia as the fear of or prejudiced viewpoint towards Islam, Muslims and matters pertaining to them (ECRI 2006). Whether it takes the shape of daily forms of racism and discrimination or more violent forms, Islamophobia is a violation of human rights and a threat to social cohesion".[4] It has also been defined as "fear of Muslims and Islam; rejection of the Muslim religion; or a form of differentialist racism" (Helbling 2011).[4]

So despite the fact that practicing Muslims come in every race and color on the planet, Muslims have proactively re-branded themselves as a race. How convenient. So when people like Affleck say that Bill Maher and Sam Harris are "gross, racist and disgusting", you have to understand that he's correct, according to the Muslim rules for discussing Islam.

Long story short, if you accept their rules for criticizing the role that radical or extremist elements within the Muslim faith play in barbaric acts worldwide, well, you've lost the debate before you even started it. Now someone will be along shortly to compare all this to Christians attacking abortion clinics (8 total deaths reported in the U.S.) or what Christians did in the crusades in the middle ages. To them I say "Time heals all wounds." Except yours, because you apparently have no grasp of the concept of time. :(

Honu
10-08-14, 00:17
the thing about the crusades to is why did it start and who started it ? the muslims did ! so the crusades were just taking back what was theres when they decided to share and the muslims said no !
I wish I could go back in time and tell them finish it

Bubba FAL
10-08-14, 19:58
the thing about the crusades to is why did it start and who started it ? the muslims did ! so the crusades were just taking back what was theres when they decided to share and the muslims said no !
I wish I could go back in time and tell them finish it

I wish I could go back in time and tell Abraham to keep his hands off of Hagar!

Belloc
10-09-14, 07:37

...your point?

But they did know that the Jews were being systematically driven out and exterminated, they did know it was in fact happening, and they supported it.

Belloc
10-09-14, 07:43
) or what Christians did in the crusades in the middle ages. To them I say "Time heals all wounds." Except yours, because you apparently have no grasp of the concept of time. :(

Except the first Crusade was not organised and launched until after over some 350 years of almost non-stop islamic attacks, conquests, slaughters, and subjection of Christian lands and peoples.
So what exactly is your point?

glocktogo
10-09-14, 13:27
Except the first Crusade was not organised and launched until after over some 350 years of almost non-stop islamic attacks, conquests, slaughters, and subjection of Christian lands and peoples.
So what exactly is your point?

Re-read it VERY carefully and the point should be self-evident.

Now someone will be along shortly to compare all this to Christians attacking abortion clinics (8 total deaths reported in the U.S.) or what Christians did in the crusades in the middle ages. To them I say "Time heals all wounds." Except yours, because you apparently have no grasp of the concept of time.

Belloc
10-09-14, 15:12
Re-read it VERY carefully and the point should be self-evident.

No, I understand your point fine, and I am not saying it is an invalid one or disagreeing. :agree:

However my point is that if anyone every brings up the Crusades it is always (in my experience) because they know nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada, about them, and that is the point I think is a higher and more important one.:meeting:
Cheers.

Honu
10-09-14, 15:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yZmnAX16T4

goes to show why majority of muslims are OK with this kinda stuff going on most all believe muslims will rule the world one day while they might not behead people most are OK with it happening or figure its part of world domination that has to happen to make people convert

would be interesting how they keep claiming these reporters etc... have invaded there land blah blah blah

wonder if every time there was one of those beheadings from isis if in retaliation 100 muslims were lined up and beheaded in every non muslim country in return saying you have invaded our countries much more than we have invaded yours ! until you leave our countries we will double the numbers each time you do this
have to wonder how they would react ?

glocktogo
10-09-14, 19:54
No, I understand your point fine, and I am not saying it is an invalid one or disagreeing. :agree:

However my point is that if anyone every brings up the Crusades it is always (in my experience) because they know nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada, about them, and that is the point I think is a higher and more important one.:meeting:
Cheers.

I understand that from a historical perspective, but either way it's ancient history. Pointing it out as having any relevance to the current issues is a measure of desperation.