PDA

View Full Version : Schreyer AR15?

chomama1
10-07-14, 10:41
Anyone know anything about Schreyer Weapons Systems AR15? Apparently, they do custom builds. Some of them look good.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=446233308

foxtrotx1
10-07-14, 13:50
Anyone know anything about Schreyer Weapons Systems AR15? Apparently, they do custom builds. Some of them look good.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=446233308

Looks like a POS garage build. The specs blow, the price is high. Buy a BCM upper and slap it on a quality lower and call it a day.

Or, just buy a complete colt for less than a grand, change the rail.

WTF is a 1-9 heavy machine gun barrel?

Sean W.
10-07-14, 14:00
Junk why bother. And for the price you could buy a Colt or BCM.

Go through the stickies we have on this forum and do some research on here. You'll find what to look for.

chomama1
10-07-14, 14:41
Thanks Sean & Fox. I think I will stay with Noveske or DD. I kind of steer clear of frankenrifles, I think I just want to get a complete manufactured gun. But, I am thinking of the BCM/Noveske combo, although I think I would do the Noveske upper, because I want the polygonal barrel. Have not decided for sure on anything yet, but will consider the combo for sure.

Thanks for warning me away from the "garage build"!

I will check the stickies now.

RioGrandeGreen
10-07-14, 15:06
I like the green!

SpeedRacer
10-07-14, 15:18
Is it just me or is the top rail on the crap quadrail not even aligned properly.

Either way...just...nope.

chomama1
10-07-14, 15:32
Thanks Rio & Speed, I have rejected that rifle. I will be a Noveske Rogue Hunter or a DD. All I have to do now is get the wife on board.

Hank6046
11-21-14, 22:01
bumping this after stumbling upon it, Schreyer is a good guy builds lot of custom machine guns (fully automatic) if you will. The guy does really good work from what I've seen, not sure about the AR's but I know the AK's he works on are gold. Couldn't imagine much different for AR's, I'm probably going to go with his lower for my AR build currently

foxtrotx1
11-22-14, 01:07
bumping this after stumbling upon it, Schreyer is a good guy builds lot of custom machine guns (fully automatic) if you will. The guy does really good work from what I've seen, not sure about the AR's but I know the AK's he works on are gold. Couldn't imagine much different for AR's, I'm probably going to go with his lower for my AR build currently

I'm not buying it. Sounds like a snake oil company just from the rifle specs alone. Parts make the rifle. And a 1-9 mystery barrel isn't selling me.

vicious_cb
11-22-14, 01:09
I'm not buying it. Sounds like a snake oil company just from the rifle specs alone. Parts make the rifle. And a 1-9 mystery barrel isn't selling me.

A 1/9 twist should already tell you its a crap barrel.

Iraqgunz
11-22-14, 02:50
It's not turkey day yet, so no gobble, gobble, gobble.

Rail system ala Yankee Hill Machine (10 year old technology at least).

1/9 twist heavy machine gun barrel (Ok, sure thing and no specs with it).

Unnamed bolt carrier group.

Overall it's not worth anything close to the asking price.

Hank6046
11-22-14, 09:38
its a sabre defense barrel that he picked up before the company went bust. I'm not telling anyone to buy this gun, I really don't care, what I am saying is that the Schreyer has always for me, put his money where his mouth is. Its my opinion, and that's all. Didn't know he was doing complete rifles, most of the time he is known for is AK's and Cerakote

wildcard600
11-22-14, 10:15
its a sabre defense barrel that he picked up before the company went bust. I'm not telling anyone to buy this gun, I really don't care, what I am saying is that the Schreyer has always for me, put his money where his mouth is. Its my opinion, and that's all. Didn't know he was doing complete rifles, most of the time he is known for is AK's and Cerakote

Wilson Combat makes some of the best 1911's and Shotguns in the world, but their AR line is..... lacking to say the least. Just because someone can make one type of gun very well does not mean all will be built to that same level.

Hank6046
11-22-14, 10:24
Wilson Combat makes some of the best 1911's and Shotguns in the world, but their AR line is..... lacking to say the least. Just because someone can make one type of gun very well does not mean all will be built to that same level.

Very true, I will still go to Schreyer for a Cerakote because I haven't seen anyone in my area who can do better, I get the Yankee Hill Rail, probably catering to the Mall Ninja crowd which is what the majority of people are still buying

TXBK
11-22-14, 11:00
I get the Yankee Hill Rail, probably catering to the Mall Ninja crowd which is what the majority of people are still buying

I don't think that I agree with this, and I think that the market is showing it. I think that the majority of people who don't know any better and would buy such a firearm (aka living under a rock) have already panic purchased their subpar boutique abomination. There is no reason why anyone around here or who has done any kind of research, should be buying into this sort of firearm. The days of using buzz words to sell overpriced junk should be over with the amount of info on the interwebs. That rifle should be more appropriately priced around $600, and that is only because it comes with a magazine and it is cerakoted.

Mr blasty
11-22-14, 12:39
Schryer is not an AR guy, he's an ak guy. He does know his way around an ak and he's not shady in any way. Still wouldn't buy an AR from him though. It is a side business for him but before anyone condems him for that, so are several of people's favorite companies on here. Simply put, he doesn't know what he doesn't know as far as AR's go. In Minnesota you have to be selective on what you send where and for what. Haven't found anything here yet that I would trust fully for any start to finish product, but I have found several to do certain things.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

SpeedRacer
11-22-14, 13:04
I don't think that I agree with this, and I think that the market is showing it. I think that the majority of people who don't know any better and would buy such a firearm (aka living under a rock) have already panic purchased their subpar boutique abomination. There is no reason why anyone around here or who has done any kind of research, should be buying into this sort of firearm. The days of using buzz words to sell overpriced junk should be over with the amount of info on the interwebs. That rifle should be more appropriately priced around $600, and that is only because it comes with a magazine and it is cerakoted.

I think the fact that it's been relisted at least 5 or 6 times backs up your opinion.

Personally I don't care who builds what or what they charge, but I do think the "like Noveske" in his auction title opens himself up for scrutiny. Quite a bold and misleading statement to make.

omega21
11-22-14, 13:30
Do you people not read? "Machine Gun Barrel!!!!!!!" Noveske wishes they had those! Only thing better is a Tactical Machine Gun Barrel, but this is just a $1100 gun. :jester:

E_Johnson
11-22-14, 13:57
Is it just me or does the castle nut not have the indentations facing the endplate to receive staking...

trauma
11-22-14, 14:06
For that money you could pick up a KAC upper(legacy/Mod1) that is new or near new on the EE. You can then build a cheap lower from aero or whatever.

Heres one basically new for 1150 asking price.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1370214_WTS__KAC_SR15_MOD_1_upper_receiver_Muzzle_Device_Options__RM08G_ADM.html

NEW Colt 6720s on Gunbroker for 789.00 as well.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=454433395

Dead Man
11-22-14, 15:44
I wonder how he's "tuning" that mil-spec trigger.

Iraqgunz
11-22-14, 17:10
With an ALG QMS

I wonder how he's "tuning" that mil-spec trigger.

Singlestack Wonder
11-22-14, 17:28
Is it just me or does the castle nut not have the indentations facing the endplate to receive staking...

He must have been taught by les Baer......

Dead Man
11-22-14, 17:36
With an ALG QMS

A pre-worn GI-trigger. Interesting.