PDA

View Full Version : LMT CQB MRP or Noveske N4

mat10x
06-19-08, 19:22
looking to pick up an AR. debating over an LMT CQB MRP 16" or Noveske N4 light carbine.

any opinions? pros/cons.

thx.

Hellfire
06-19-08, 21:47
I have been very impressed with the Noveske N4. I have about 800rds through mine and have not had an issue of any sort. The TD grip is a bit small for me, I am waiting on a new grip to arrive, then it should be perfect.

Warrior
06-19-08, 21:57
I have both and definatly recommend the N4. The MRP is very cool however the barrel profiles available are on the heavy side. They are two different animals so they are difficult to compare but I wouldn't make the MRP my first or only AR.

decodeddiesel
06-19-08, 22:35
Even though I am a die hard LMT fan, I think the N4 is a superior platform.

CLHC
06-19-08, 22:46
looking to pick up an AR. debating over an LMT CQB MRP 16" or Noveske N4 light carbine.

any opinions? pros/cons.

thx.
Until a little over a month ago, I had my sights set on purchasing that particular LMT that you've mentioned. A local had them in stock so I wanted to have a looksee. I was about to buy it right then and there till the fellow brought out the Noveske n4lr. Never heard of them before, so I decided to go home and do some research. Went back the next day and ended up bringing home the Noveske N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16"!

Maybe, possibly the only "cons" to this, is +$$$$+:eek: than the LMT MRP CQB 16, and a waaay lighter wallet!

Funny thing is, for the amount of money spent, one would think there would even be a soft case or at least a sling, but no! Just a baseball type cap. . .

You can't go wrong with either and or. Maybe get them both? :D Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Patrick Aherne
06-19-08, 23:55
Noveske for the win.

toddackerman
06-20-08, 00:05
Noveske for the win.

Why specifically?

mat10x
06-20-08, 07:56
thanks for the info fellas.

the noveske must be quite a product. thus far, i have not seen a post that didn't rate the noveske above another brand.

i did see a pic posted of a noveske that had a cardinal forge mark and not the keyhole cerro forge mark. as i understand it cardinal forges for LMT. ARs seem to be rather incestuous.

now i need to decide...carbine or middy.

Mung
06-20-08, 07:56
Funny thing is, for the amount of money spent, one would think there would even be a soft case or at least a sling, but no! Just a baseball type cap. . .
I didn't even get a hat. Also I would have liked for it to have a front sling swivel already installed. Don't like the grip either.:mad:

lalakai
06-20-08, 09:08
I am in the middle of building an M4 and have been researching the different platforms. the barrel used in the Noveske N4 is cold hammer forged, making it one of the best on the market

Only the light carbine and recce's are CHF barrels. We do not sell them as barrels only though only uppers or rifles.

Best Regards,
Sheri
Office Manager
Noveske Rifleworks LLC
P.O. Box 1401
Grants Pass, OR 97528
Ph:541-479-6117
Fx:800-734-8714
www.noveskerifleworks.com

the LMT's are good, but as was noted, there is a serious dollar difference between the platforms. If i could buy the Noveske barrel alone i would do that, instead i'm opting for a Sabre Defense barrel. hope this helps.

98z28
06-20-08, 11:32
thanks for the info fellas.

the noveske must be quite a product. thus far, i have not seen a post that didn't rate the noveske above another brand.

i did see a pic posted of a noveske that had a cardinal forge mark and not the keyhole cerro forge mark. as i understand it cardinal forges for LMT. ARs seem to be rather incestuous.

now i need to decide...carbine or middy.

If you are stuck with a 16" barrel, I see no compelling reason to go with the carbine over a middy.

A N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16" will be in my hands sometime before the year is up, no matter what my wife says to the contrary! :D

b_saan
06-20-08, 11:37
Someone stole my baseball cap out of the box. :(

If i could buy the Noveske barrel alone i would do that, instead i'm opting for a Sabre Defense barrel. hope this helps.

Pretty sure Grant (G&R Tactical) can build you whatever upper you'd like with an N4 barrel.

Jaeger
06-20-08, 13:35
I looked at both the LMT and the Noveske prior to making a purchase. I really liked the LMT but it felt a lot heavier and not as "lively".
I opted for the N4 Basic and couldn't be happier with my purchase.
I have been shooting is as much as time and ammo budget allow and have had 0 issues so far. I have classes coming up with Pat Rogers and Larry Vickers this summer so she will be getting a thorough workout!