PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Police tase passenger in vehicle because...?? I don't know.

Eurodriver
10-08-14, 06:48
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawsuit-indiana-police-used-excessive-force-in-traffic-stop/

Interesting how that developed. He had committed no crime, and the cops had already drawn their guns on him. Then they smash the window, tase him, and drag him out over broken glass to charge him with resisting arrest. I can't figure out at what point he was under arrest or resisting it, but I'm sure I will be told that shortly. Either way, he'll make millions and these nutcases will be off the streets.

The comments in that article are pretty terrifying. "Just comply with the police - it's the law!" It's sad that society submits to legitimate authority so willingly that they are unable to understand they have a choice when faced with illegitimate commands. Reminds me of the lady who strip searched her McDonalds employee because of a phone call.

I guess nothing has changed since the Milgram experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment) and the Stanford Prison Experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment) over 40 years ago.

J-Dub
10-08-14, 07:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIhQjfOYKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kcjv8drjdk

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Ignores-Man-Slashed-Queens-Building-Lobby-278467001.html

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Woman-Killed-Sex-Assault-Hemet-Arrest-278447151.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/vermont-mom-boyfriend-held-boys-alcohol-death-26030041

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/convicted-killing-georgia-teen-shoes-26029344

Since we like to harp on the shitty few, I'm going to take it upon myself to point out some bad folks that aren't police officers. You know the people that aren't innocent angels that everyone thinks the Police deal with day in and day out.

And you know since we like to make broad sweeping generalizations concerning law enforcement, why not just do it with citizens??????? Geezzzz they must all be evil and bad.....right?

P.S. it wasn't a "stun gun"

Straight Shooter
10-08-14, 07:24
Im gonna tell you what right now. THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF GESTAPO BULLSHIT, it has to be stopped, cops who do this shit should be imprisoned for lengthy terms, and the word put out to one and all that this"might have"..."may have had" bullshit is NOT A LEGAL REASON to do something like this. Listen to that child crying in the back. She will be FOREVER scarred by this. This aint Russia or ****in CHINA! I hope and PRAY they get millions upon millions out of this. And equally that those..."cops"...get what they ought to get.
And NO, J-DUB...that shit don't cut it. YOU and your ilk's JOB is to deal with everybody fairly & equally. You post pictures of outlaws and shoot outs until the cows ****in come home..THAT IS YOUR JOB TO DEAL WITH THEM. IF/WHEN it comes a point that you or others cant separate innocent people from the ones in the vids you posted, ITS TIME FOR YOU TO SEEK OTHER WORK, BRAH.
Your continued defense of BLATANT officer indescrection FURTHER aggravates many peoples opinions on SOME or all law enforcement. The tide is turning on the rampant abuses of cops, and its about ****in time. People are standing up to it, not gonna take it, and even defending themselves, and its about damn time too. If you cannot work within the framework of the Constitution, with all it variables AND foilbles...GET OUT.

T2C
10-08-14, 07:33
Once instructed to exit the vehicle, he was required to exit the vehicle. The point at which he refused he was obstructing/resisting. The video from the cell phone makes good evidence to support the criminal charge.

Let's see how long it takes for this thread to turn to mud.

austinN4
10-08-14, 07:40
I predict this thread will have a short life.

Straight Shooter
10-08-14, 07:41
That man had EVERY right to be scared for his life. Especially after the aggressive body language, attitude and language used by the "cop". AND...he was only being instructed to exit because "they "feared" he MIGHT have a weapon". HE DID NOT. The order was illegal and wrong. BULLY "COPS" wanting assert their "auth-thor-o-tie".

Straight Shooter
10-08-14, 07:43
What is the definition of "turning to mud"? Criticising the cops? If we cant have rational discussions of right and wrong concerning "cops"...then we need to not even have threads about it.

Eurodriver
10-08-14, 07:44
Once instructed to exit the vehicle, he was required to exit the vehicle. The point at which he refused he was obstructing/resisting. The video from the cell phone makes good evidence to support the criminal charge.

Let's see how long it takes for this thread to turn to mud.

We're already there.

I know the law, but I am trying to think beyond that of a serf. What I want to know is why was he instructed to exit the vehicle in the first place? He's minding his own business, complying with what the officers are asking at first yet the cops are getting aggitated, using foul language, and then draw their damn guns! What isn't being said, but that's totally true, is if this were a white family and the wife didn't have her seatbelt on they never would have asked for ID from the male passenger. That is the real meat of the thread - I couldn't care less about the guy in the video or his struggle. He's obviously a dirtbag that can't even keep a DL from being revoked. The point is until we start standing up and saying "Hold on a second, why do I need to get out of this car? I've got what you asked of me right here, put the guns down." and then putting our foot down then we are going to keep living under this type of BS. For that, this guy would get a no bill from me. You can arrest all the people you want, but police officers don't convict people. I do.

Segregation wasn't ended by compliance, and police authoritarian nonsense won't end by submission.

T2C
10-08-14, 07:51
Two U.S. Supreme Court Rulings cover this. Maryland vs Wilson covers the passenger. Pennsylvania vs Mimms covers the driver.

There is a lot more case law on this, but those are two of the more noteworthy cases.

Eurodriver
10-08-14, 07:53
Two U.S. Supreme Court Rulings cover this. Maryland vs Wilson covers the passenger. Pennsylvania vs Mimms covers the driver.

There is a lot more case law on this, but those are two of the more noteworthy cases.

Like Plessy v. Ferguson and Dred Scott v. Sandford?

T2C
10-08-14, 07:55
Like Plessy v. Ferguson and Dred Scott v. Sandford?

No. I don't recall covering those cases during search and seizure courses. If the subject who refused to exit the vehicle was Caucasian, Chinese or Hispanic, the same case law would apply.

Belmont31R
10-08-14, 07:58
We're already there.

I know the law, but I am trying to think beyond that of a serf. What I want to know is why was he instructed to exit the vehicle in the first place? He's minding his own business, complying with what the officers are asking at first yet the cops are getting aggitated, using foul language, and then draw their damn guns! What isn't being said, but that's totally true, is if this were a white family and the wife didn't have her seatbelt on they never would have asked for ID from the male passenger. That is the real meat of the thread - I couldn't care less about the guy in the video or his struggle. He's obviously a dirtbag that can't even keep a DL from being revoked. The point is until we start standing up and saying "Hold on a second, why do I need to get out of this car? I've got what you asked of me right here, put the guns down." and then putting our foot down then we are going to keep living under this type of BS. For that, this guy would get a no bill from me. You can arrest all the people you want, but police officers don't convict people. I do.

Segregation wasn't ended by compliance, and police authoritarian nonsense won't end by submission.

Exactly. They were fishing to get something on that guy. Im amazed how many people think you have to hand over ID to the police. At least in TX you don't unless you're driving the car. But passengers don't have to. Instead they wanted to escalate the situation as a way to get this guy out of the car and pat him down to hopefully find something. Cops use all kinds of stupid shit to get people out of the car and pat them down hoping to find something, and gain further access to the vehicle. Even if they have to make up the reason like they thought he had a weapon. They have to drum up the situation to justify it. Its all a theatre act.

Thats abuse of authority even if they can somehow legally justify it. Like I said its theatre to abuse their authority. Like how they yell 'quit resisting!' even though the perp is totally subdued and clearly not resisting. Police can learn what to say and how to act in front of a camera just the same as anyone else on this planet.

Voodoo_Man
10-08-14, 08:15
omg! gestapo!!! police state!!! ma righhttsss!!!!

Seriously, this type of thing happens all the time, it is nearly never reported on, but for some reason it is today? Wonder why? Maybe its the race issue poking its head? Maybe the media pushing an agenda on us?

Either way, threads like this shouldn't be on here as they serve no purpose and do not promote healthy debate.

J-Dub
10-08-14, 08:16
Im gonna tell you what right now. THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF GESTAPO BULLSHIT, it has to be stopped, cops who do this shit should be imprisoned for lengthy terms, and the word put out to one and all that this"might have"..."may have had" bullshit is NOT A LEGAL REASON to do something like this. Listen to that child crying in the back. She will be FOREVER scarred by this. This aint Russia or ****in CHINA! I hope and PRAY they get millions upon millions out of this. And equally that those..."cops"...get what they ought to get.
And NO, J-DUB...that shit don't cut it. YOU and your ilk's JOB is to deal with everybody fairly & equally. You post pictures of outlaws and shoot outs until the cows ****in come home..THAT IS YOUR JOB TO DEAL WITH THEM. IF/WHEN it comes a point that you or others cant separate innocent people from the ones in the vids you posted, ITS TIME FOR YOU TO SEEK OTHER WORK, BRAH.
Your continued defense of BLATANT officer indescrection FURTHER aggravates many peoples opinions on SOME or all law enforcement. The tide is turning on the rampant abuses of cops, and its about ****in time. People are standing up to it, not gonna take it, and even defending themselves, and its about damn time too. If you cannot work within the framework of the Constitution, with all it variables AND foilbles...GET OUT.

Hey genius, please point to where I defended anything the police did in the OP....please. I actually referenced them (officers involved) as the "shitty few". Im simply just ****ing tired of seeing only negative shit posted in regards to the police. I would assume its my job to deal with people like you, which I do....very well.

And the fact that you used the term "brah" makes me lol.

P.S. you might want to CHECK your CAPSLOCK as it APPEARS to work INADVERTANTLY

Straight Shooter
10-08-14, 08:16
And Ill throw THIS into the "mud", and then Im done.
Citing reasons giving for their actions.."OFFICER ****IN SAFETY DOES NOT, DOES NOT SUPERCEDE MY RIGHTS, OR THE THE LIMITS IMPOSED ON "COPS" UNDER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. If cops are so "afraid" that they use that as an excuse to violate peoples rights..then again, time to find another job. A "cop" DOES NOT legally have the right to violate someones civil, Constitutional, or God given rights just because he/she is "afraid", or "maybe" or "might have".
And you can LOL all you want J-DUMB. And no...you've never dealt with me, youd remember. I promise, BRAH.

J-Dub
10-08-14, 08:24
Hey "BRAH", Im a cracker yo, so you don't have to try and connect with me on a "brah" level.

P.S. your capslock is on the fritz......oh and I'm still waiting for you to cite where I defended the actions of the Police in the OP......

Eurodriver
10-08-14, 08:26
Hey genius, please point to where I defended anything the police did in the OP....please. I actually referenced them (officers involved) as the "shitty few". Im simply just ****ing tired of seeing only negative shit posted in regards to the police. I would assume its my job to deal with people like you, which I do....very well.

And the fact that you used the term "brah" makes me lol.

P.S. you might want to CHECK your CAPSLOCK as it APPEARS to work INADVERTANTLY

LOL @ your P.S.

J-Dub, I like you man. Genuinely. And I get your point - there are criminals out there. We all know this. And police arrest those criminals and keep the streets safe.

I'm more amazed at the comments "Just comply with the police!" than I am at the officer's actions. People are putting the blame for this situation on the law abiding guy minding his own business and not wanting to be hassled by angry men with guns. But if we blame the police, we get the "Just following protocol" response that the Department has already released.

If you haven't heard of the links I posted in the OP, it's a good read. Given your post history on M4C, I have no doubt you'll believe the results (that the majority of the population are sheeple). What really scares me is how easily an otherwise good person (even LE) can do bad things because they were "following orders"...like Sean Groupert.

Straight Shooter
10-08-14, 08:33
LOL @ your P.S.

J-Dub, I like you man. Genuinely. And I get your point - there are criminals out there. We all know this. And police arrest those criminals and keep the streets safe.

I'm more amazed at the comments "Just comply with the police!" than I am at the officer's actions. People are putting the blame for this situation on the law abiding guy minding his own business and not wanting to be hassled by angry men with guns. But if we blame the police, we get the "Just following protocol" response that the Department has already released.

If you haven't heard of the links I posted in the OP, it's a good read. Given your post history on M4C, I have no doubt you'll believe the results (that the majority of the population are sheeple). What really scares me is how easily an otherwise good person (even LE) can do bad things because they were "following orders"...like Sean Groupert.
AND the NAZI PARTY.

ST911
10-08-14, 08:35
This one is getting at least a time out while you guys collect yourselves. 17 posts and it's off the rails already?