PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry guy robbed by man with gun

platoonDaddy
10-08-14, 10:12
Dang!

GRESHAM, Ore. - A 21-year-old Oregon man was proud enough of his brand new Walther P22 handgun that he was carrying it in the open during the wee hours of Saturday morning after purchasing it earlier in the day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-man-openly-carrying-new-gun-robbed-by-man-with-gun/

EDIT: The suspect is thin a black male, between 19 and 23 years old, clean cut with a small patch of facial hair on his chin, and short black wavy hair. He is roughly six feet tall, wearing grey sweatpants, a white T-Shirt and flip-flop sandals.

http://koin.com/2014/10/07/man-practicing-open-carry-law-robbed-of-gun/

Eurodriver
10-08-14, 10:17
All sorts of fail here:

1) Article says: "The weapon used in the robbery was described as a possibly semi-automatic, black gun, Gresham Police said." but no description of the suspect other than his outfit. Did the gun commit the robbery?

2) Gun owner literally hands over his only means of self defense to a man already in a position to shoot him.

3) Gun owner is carrying a .22LR

I do not mean to MMQB whatsoever, but if you are not in the mental state to shoot a mother****er that is threatening your life until he is no longer doing so - you should not be carrying a gun. It's not a status symbol, and just having one on your waistband isn't going to make people afraid of you.

What a tool.

Grizzly16
10-08-14, 10:25
Nm I think I misunderstood what you were saying.

Crow Hunter
10-08-14, 10:38
Dang!

GRESHAM, Ore. - A 21-year-old Oregon man was proud enough of his brand new Walther P22 handgun that he was carrying it in the open during the wee hours of Saturday morning after purchasing it earlier in the day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-man-openly-carrying-new-gun-robbed-by-man-with-gun/

I heard about this on NPR this morning. The smugness of the reporter was dripping all over the radio.

This is another reinforcement to NOT OPEN CARRY!

Had the dipshit not been open carrying, the perp would not have known he was even armed much less relieved him of his weapon.

TAZ
10-08-14, 10:43
Seems like Texas isn't the only place where idiots or plants are doing everything they can to help the anti gun cause.

Outlander Systems
10-08-14, 11:07
On a side note, I have long suspected that the, "Hey man, you got a cigarette?" line was a ruse to close a gap.

Mauser KAR98K
10-08-14, 11:10
On a side note, I have long suspected that the, "Hey man, you got a cigarette?" line was a ruse to close a gap.

In some of the places I have been when that question was asked I gave a very stern, "Get lost, please!"

skydivr
10-08-14, 11:12
21 year old, open carry, just bought that day....all that needs to be said, has been said...

Apricotshot
10-08-14, 11:49
Gun hipsters think firearms are the new "dress swords" of the day. Fashion statements only.

J-Dub
10-08-14, 11:53
Please tell me it was in a nylon uncle mikes universal holster.......please......

Voodoo_Man
10-08-14, 12:03
He was prepared but not willing.

T2C
10-08-14, 12:11
Just owning and carrying a firearm does not magically make you impervious to being a crime victim. This is a good example to use in classes.

skijunkie55
10-08-14, 12:13
Just owning and carrying a firearm does not magically make you impervious to being a crime victim. This is a good example to use in classes.

Absolutely.
The victims mindset? "I can count to potato"

JBecker 72
10-08-14, 12:36
Probably couldn't find any 22lr on the shelves so he forked over the unloaded gun. :eek:

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-08-14, 13:36

I've lived in neighborhoods so bad that owning a firearm made it more likely to be broken into than not...

SteyrAUG
10-08-14, 14:01
All sorts of fail here:

1) Article says: "The weapon used in the robbery was described as a possibly semi-automatic, black gun, Gresham Police said." but no description of the suspect other than his outfit. Did the gun commit the robbery?

2) Gun owner literally hands over his only means of self defense to a man already in a position to shoot him.

3) Gun owner is carrying a .22LR

I do not mean to MMQB whatsoever, but if you are not in the mental state to shoot a mother****er that is threatening your life until he is no longer doing so - you should not be carrying a gun. It's not a status symbol, and just having one on your waistband isn't going to make people afraid of you.

What a tool.

When you are late to the game, you are late to the game. If the guy was going to actually shoot him anyway, he probably would have done that first.

Doesn't sound like this individual brought any of the things necessary to win a real world gun fight so he probably made the best decision. I think he was carrying his new gun out of pride rather than willingness to use it or with the mindset to protect it or himself.

walkin' trails
01-26-15, 07:00
Baaaa, bass, took my new gun, bass, baaa

GH41
01-26-15, 07:46
"Doesn't sound like this individual brought any of the things necessary to win a real world gun fight so he probably made the best decision"

I agree. He might have pissed the perp off if he had popped him a few times with his 22.

HD1911
01-26-15, 14:20
He was prepared but not willing.

I disagree... his lack of training, competency, and mindset shows he was highly un-prepared.

Talon167
01-26-15, 15:20
I'm not against one's right to OC, but personally I think it's dumb and will just cause more trouble than its worth.

AKDoug
01-27-15, 00:31
I think the epitome of fail is getting jacked by a guy wearing flip flops... if that happens to me I want you guys to hunt me down and kill me.

Moose-Knuckle
01-27-15, 05:37
He was prepared . . .

Not with a .22lr . . .

rocsteady
01-27-15, 18:18
[QUOTE-AKDoug] I think the epitome of fail is getting jacked by a guy wearing flip flops... if that happens to me I want you guys to hunt me down and kill me

:lol: