PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on Security Systems

Averageman
10-08-14, 11:11
I have a pretty nice system in the house I bought, but I'm wondering who to get to monitor, service and possibly upgrade it. Currently I have the doors and windows set up and a single motion detector that covers the main area of the home.
I'm wanting to get both quality service and a resonable price and perhaps upgrading with some cameras directed at the doors, driveway etc.
I have a nice fence, solid doors and a very alert dog already.

SOW_0331
10-08-14, 17:06
Are you asking which of the current providers (ADT, SafeGard, etc) would be best to supplement your preexisting security web?

In short, after reading the current equipment and items you have, I would save your money.

Most of those systems are far from efficient. They're "monitored" by a poorly trained and unmotivated (working all night for $11/hr...can't blame em) bunch of dudes who stare at a screen and watch for the red signals to show a breach. These signals are then isolated and monitored again, dozens at a time when you think of how many people buy this stuff. Some companies even wait for the second time a panic button or secondary beam is sending another signal to rule out a careless homeowner bumbling into the kitchen for a glass of milk. Then...they call. After no answer two times, they bring over a supervisor who looks up emergency contact information and attempts to call again. Then maybe, though you've been dead for minutes, the supervisor decides to call your local PD. And they'll get around to cruising by to look for signs of a ruckus. Your bodies will by then be pretty docile so they may keep right on rolling, you're one of a thousand security system malfunctions they'll hear about tonight.

Point is, do it yourself and enjoy knowing that your safety is in your hands. I've prepared security systems for dozens of very wealthy and public figures. The best ones are the ones we build from stuff at Home Depot. Well, really the best one is a constant rotating armed presence of alert professional who is physically on your property ensuring your well being but that may be out of budget.

If you'd like a few common and simple ideas, feel free to PM me. Happy to do a once-over, maybe a full consult (with the M4Carbine discount I'll charge you about Free-Fifty) and we'll see about making sure you're happy and safe.

Actually I'm wiling to do the same for anyone who is an established member here and has some concerns. No I'm not selling anything, quite the opposite. It's also not a guarantee, nothing is, but it's a good step. It's better to sink a few hundred into foolproof fail safes than to spend thousands on someone selling marked up piece of mind.

Moose-Knuckle
10-08-14, 17:09
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/DSCN1841_zps7d85aed3.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/DSCN1841_zps7d85aed3.jpg.html)