PDA

View Full Version : SIG MK25 Holster Option From Safariland FINALLY

TacMedic556
10-10-14, 14:27
I have been patiently waiting for the right holster to come along to fit my MK25. For the past decade, I have used nothing but Safariland, 2 years ago adopting their QLS system to easily swap holsters and pistols between rigs and belts. Safariland however, did not produce a holster for the MK25, especially one that was without a specific light attached.

I was informed yesterday by some contacts at holsterops of this holster and its universal fit for the P226R and MK25 models. I ordered immediately, to find it shipped this morning, the latest holster from Safariland: The 7TS Safariland http://www.holsterops.com/7ts-qls19
Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=q0DvADtCTLQ

The holster looks great, will be of superb quality, and the price is good. I had considered other companies, however as I said, for 8 years of SWAT only using Safariland, I could not deviate. The mechanism utilizes the same body mechanics I am trained to perform when drawing the pistol as well.

Hope you guys who are looking for a MK25 holster find this helpful.

10-35
10-10-14, 18:58
I have two of them, both for Glocks. I think it is an amazing product. I wish they had one for the 1911/Surefire combo.

jck397
10-10-14, 20:46
I carried a G19 in both a 7360 and 7377. IMO the 7ts are the best duty holsters available, and I was really excited to see them for the 226/MK25.

I tried a 6360 (SLS hood and ALS button) for a USP Compact, and was very slow in disengaging the ALS button because of where my thumb landed after popping the hood forward. I suspect that the height of the slide had something to do with it, and am concerned about the same thing happening. I just got a 226 stainless and suspect that a MK25 will follow in the near future. Can you let me know your thoughts on the ALS location and whether you think it would work well with the triple retention version once you get yours?

Jupiter
10-11-14, 12:46
I bought a 7ts for my G19 and I must say I'm very impressed with the quality of this holster.