PDA

View Full Version : Robar Poly-T2 Firearm Finishing

Denali
10-13-14, 22:17
I'm looking for thoughts on, or experience with this newer process from Robar, in other words have any of you had it applied to your pistol(s)? I am intrigued by the black color offering, which in traditional hard chroming is usually not nearly as durable as standard hard chroming. Robar apparently warranties the finish for life, the pistols I am considering having it applied to are a pair of 92A1's!

MBtech
10-14-14, 13:09
I do not have any personally, but a good friend has had work done by Robar for years.
He has several Sigs, HKs, and SCAR coated and has been well pleased with all the work done

MBtech
10-16-14, 11:02
The Poly T is an epoxy/teflon mixture, it isn't a plating process like chrome or nickel.
Also if you are just wanting a black color coating they have Roguard which is a molybdenum-disulfide based polymer finish they claim is the best black finish available.
The NP3 Plus they offer is a plating process.

MBtech
10-17-14, 15:08
By the way nice photography

Denali
10-18-14, 19:27
By the way nice photography

Thanks, BTW I know that the finishes described are spray & bake, I usually have my gear hard chromed, but I am very resistant to doing so to the Beretta's, they just need to be black, and the only options are either black chrome, or the offerings from Robar. Black chrome is not nearly as durable as regular industrial hard chrome, if it were I'd not hesitate to have it applied. I think I am leaning toward Roguard, its much softer but still claimed to be 2-3x more durable then the Beretta applied Bruniton, which is itself I am told a polymer based something or such....

Kain
10-18-14, 19:31
Slightly off topic, but why two? Looking to go Bookdock Saints on some drug dealers? Don't happen to have a pair of suppressors waiting stamps do you ;)

MBtech
10-18-14, 21:39
Slightly off topic, but why two? Looking to go Bookdock Saints on some drug dealers? Don't happen to have a pair of suppressors waiting stamps do you ;)

If they just need to be black Roguard all day long
My good friend has about a dozen pistols with various Robar work done, I ask the same questions sometimes

MBtech
10-18-14, 21:59
It is a good durable product and is an investment to protect and prolong the weapon imo,.. if you choose to spend the money to do so.

I've handled and seen several guns with Robar work done, you won't go wrong.

It's not for me mainly because I can't afford it and it's not at the top of my priority list.
If I was to get anything done by them it would be NP3 Plus.
But just for a black color Roguard.

Denali
10-18-14, 22:11

I bought one new then picked up the other at a gun show, the gun show pistol is why I am refinishing them, it had lost its finish on the backstrap due to a drop...aside from that its just fine, but I figured if I'm doing the one(and I've never re-finished a Beretta before)then I may as well do em both, I may even do them in separate finishes, perhaps one NP3 and the other Roguard. I haven't decided as of yet...

Denali
10-18-14, 22:14
It is a good durable product and is an investment to protect and prolong the weapon imo,.. if you choose to spend the money to do so.

I've handled and seen several guns with Robar work done, you won't go wrong.

It's not for me mainly because I can't afford it and it's not at the top of my priority list.
If I was to get anything done by them it would be NP3 Plus.
But just for a black color Roguard.

I am definitely leaning toward Roguard, but I may do one in NP3...

MBtech
10-18-14, 22:29
I am definitely leaning toward Roguard, but I may do one in NP3...

These are twins, lower was Robar coated to black

Same gun, went back to Robar 13 years later and got NP3 plus with color change.