PDA

View Full Version : ISIS Domestic Threats: is your workplace warning you and your family?

Ledanek
10-14-14, 19:46
Curious for those working in LE/MIL and related agencies. Is your Dept Heads giving out memo about keeping vigilant? Specifically your respected families?

Are there Intel about possibly harming your family's?
Your churches?
Your schools?

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-14, 19:52
Nope, we're too busy taking everyone's tempature and asking if they have either been to or had contact with anyone from W Africa.

jpmuscle
10-14-14, 19:54
Nope, we're too busy taking everyone's tempature and asking if they have either been to or had contact with anyone from W Africa.
True story...

Ledanek
10-14-14, 20:28

I sent this email to section heads about the Ebola threat.

Greetings.

I quote this one entry from internal memo:

"You can protect your health and avoid many different illnesses by avoiding contact with anyone who is sick..."

What about the medical staff on evenings, midnight and weekend shift working by themselves?
That is "all" they do, take care of the sick.

Do medical staff (not trained to handle Ebola patient) have a choice to avoid/ refuse to have contact with sick/Ebola patient?

Since Dr. Kent Brantly's contraction of Ebola in August , there has been no training or equipment distributed.
We've received a "one-page" memo on "Sequence for Removing Personal Protective Equipment".

Where is/are the page(s) on Introduction to these PPE and Sequence on donning these protective gear?

Please address this concerns as if we are your own family and not some faceless/nameless co-worker.
26 year-old nurse, Nina Pham is not just a headline. She's someone's daughter, sister, and friend.

Please contain this real threat.

Respectfully
faceless/nameless-scrub-wearing-person

I hear you buddy.

Once in a while I read about ISIS threats towards Servicemember's family and LE/Agency family and I worry. I'm at work, helping people, but no one is watching over my family.

Wake27
10-14-14, 23:51
Haven't even heard ISIS mentioned here.

glocktogo
10-14-14, 23:53
Curious for those working in LE/MIL and related agencies. Is your Dept Heads giving out memo about keeping vigilant? Specifically your respected families?

Are there Intel about possibly harming your family's?
Your churches?
Your schools?

Not a peep.

Moose-Knuckle
10-15-14, 01:27
I sent this email to section heads about the Ebola threat.

I hear you buddy.

Once in a while I read about ISIS threats towards Servicemember's family and LE/Agency family and I worry. I'm at work, helping people, but no one is watching over my family.

Oh just this week we got in those thermometers that you touch to a person's temple, some hand sanitizer that only works on bacteria not viruses, and a new set of questions to ask subjects . . . woo hoo we're safer!

As for the family, I told my wife if I come in contact with anyone who might have the old Ebola she might not see me again as I would NOT be coming home. I'll check into a motel and then sue the city to reimburse me if I'm not infected.

My wife is never without here CCW even in the house, I have made this second nature for her no matter what room she is in. We also have a 90+ lbs. GSD that would love the chance to rip the throat out of a goat ****er. Other layers too but won't go into that due to OPSEC.

CRAMBONE
10-15-14, 04:14
I was forwarded an email from a peer in another agency. The source was an Islamist forum. They were calling for "lone wolf" attacks against a wide range of public servants.

platoonDaddy
10-15-14, 04:18
I was forwarded an email from a peer in another agency. The source was an Islamist forum. They were calling for "lone wolf" attacks against a wide range of public servants.

I have friends on active duty that have been warned to be alert.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/02/army-warns-us-military-personnel-on-isis-threat-to-family-members/

Ledanek
10-15-14, 13:40

Those are the murmurs I get, but, nothing official.

militarymoron
10-15-14, 21:37
(Not LE/Mil, but defense sector) Nope. They're too worried about workplace violence, political correctness, zero workplace injuries, offending whomever, or people who have a fascination for weapons (not kidding about this one). To the human resources/site safety folk in our company, the enemy is within.

T2C
10-15-14, 21:48
(Not LE/Mil, but defense sector) Nope. They're too worried about workplace violence, political correctness, zero workplace injuries, offending whomever, or people who have a fascination for weapons (not kidding about this one). To the human resources/site safety folk in our company, the enemy is within.

This sums up the way command thinks, but not necessarily the rank and file.

Ledanek
10-15-14, 22:35
I done getting surprised every time someone walk-in our hospital without visitor tag or proper screening of guest or food delivery guys.

In 2014, I don't understand why talking heads think terrorist stops at airports.

jpmuscle
10-16-14, 00:06
x2 on the ridiculousness of the firearms thing. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people in positions of authority construe shooting related hobbies and interests as pathologically obsessive.

Ledanek
10-16-14, 19:56
x2 on the ridiculousness of the firearms thing. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people in positions of authority construe shooting related hobbies and interests as pathologically obsessive.

true that.

I'm not allowed to carry a pocket knife to work, display, brandish, etc....but, I have access to all kinds of surgical knifes and scapels. :rolleyes:

Ledanek
10-23-14, 11:10
From murmur to reality.....

Canada we mourn your lost

Alpha Sierra
10-23-14, 11:12
No, my workplace doesn't warn me about any of this. Nor should they.

It's my employer not my nanny or mom.

markm
10-23-14, 11:18
No, my workplace doesn't warn me about any of this. Nor should they.

It's my employer not my nanny or mom.

Exactly.

This Canada incident should illustrate how ineffective a straight fight is for these smelly retarded animals. Not to minimize the loss of the soldier killed.... but this is a good illustration of what happens when you target Men with guns. You might pick off a man or two, but you'll quickly be dealt with.

J-Dub
10-23-14, 11:29
Umm ya since we have a large group of Somalis in town, some of which came from the same town in Minnesota that those U.S. ISIS fighters came from.

Fun times.

Ledanek
10-23-14, 23:10
now their using hatchets? (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-hatchet-wielding-suspect-shot-by-officers/ar-BBaPxHN?ocid=mailsignout)

be vigilant out there LEO/MIL members and non-LEO/MIL members

glocktogo
10-24-14, 00:07

It simply cannot be overstated. The pathological need for the illusion of control outweighs all other factors combined. Risk aversion is one of the most powerful religions in modern day America. It is the people's shepherd. Without it, the flock would be lost. :(

Moose-Knuckle
10-24-14, 04:34
Umm ya since we have a large group of Somalis in town, some of which came from the same town in Minnesota that those U.S. ISIS fighters came from.

Fun times.

Umm you racist, I'm telling . . .

CLEO of San Francisco was almost fired for making that same connection into the large Somali population they have there.

Moose-Knuckle
10-24-14, 04:35
It simply cannot be overstated. The pathological need for the illusion of control outweighs all other factors combined. Risk aversion is one of the most powerful religions in modern day America. It is the people's shepherd. Without it, the flock would be lost. :(

Outstanding post, spot on!