PDA

View Full Version : Help me find sights for my VP9

MSparks909
10-16-14, 05:12
On the lookout for new sights for my VP9. After much trial and error over the past couple of years, I've found a sight combination that I prefer. For my training/competition/class guns, I prefer a plain black rear, .145" u-notch with a serrated rear face and angled edge design to aid in one handed manipulations paired with a .125" FO front. On my carry guns, I prefer the same rear sight, but with a .125" tritium front as opposed to the FO front. Before settling on the .145" u-notch rear, I've shot .156" 10-8 rears/.125" front sights exclusively, and it is a very useable combo, but I feel I can get more accuracy out of the .125/.145 combo without giving up too much in regards to sight acquisition at speed.

I've been patiently waiting for 10-8 to tool up some more HK rear sights, but I've pretty much given up at this point (they've been saying 8-10 weeks for the past 3 months). I'm a bit picky, but I know what I prefer in a handgun sight picture. I've checked out Dawson's offerings, and the widest rear sight notch they offer is .135", and the sights don't have any sort of ledge to rack the slide off of. What I'm basically looking for is the Vickers Elite Battlesights, except for my VP9 instead of Glock. Do any of you know any sight manufacturers that offer what I'm looking for? I saw Heinie's offerings, and I'd prefer to not have a .156" square notch design. Am I being too picky?

South
10-16-14, 08:38

williejc
10-16-14, 10:47
Our staff member Rob Jenson is head armorer at Virginia Arms Co. Try them.

scubadds
10-16-14, 10:52
Good luck, I went for the Heinie VP9 Tactical SlantPro QWIK Straight Eight sight (from HKPRO)
I just sent my to slides to HK as they install them for $45, the sight pusher I had was for glock; and I heard they take some fitting to install.
You just need to call them for a RMA number if you wanted have HK install them

Trajan
10-16-14, 15:25
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001B14-1409262990

Fibers are so fast you can go with a tighter sight picture without any loss of speed. I use .125/.125.

Wish they made a .100/.100 adjustable. Would be fun to try that combo out.