PDA

View Full Version : BattleComp 51.0

themonk
10-16-14, 20:04
This is interesting - Introducing the long-awaited BC51.0! http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=72

I know they did these (battlecomp welded onto a AAC 51 tooth mount) for a while in the custom shop but I thought the idea died off. It would be interesting on an SBR, pricy though!

^Rb
10-16-14, 20:11
Having owned both a BattleComp 2.0 & 1.5 pinned to a 14.5" barrel, I can honestly say "pass".

There are better, more-effective muzzle devices, for less money.

lunchbox
10-16-14, 20:23
I love my BattleComp wish it came with other options other than AAC 51 tooth. Got a Specwar on the way and would love to see that option.

themonk
10-16-14, 20:26
Having owned both a BattleComp 2.0 & 1.5 pinned to a 14.5" barrel, I can honestly say "pass".

I agree but if you use AAC suppressors you are stuck with their three options. This may be great for a rifle that rarely wears a can but you would like to have the option to throw it on.

RyanB
10-16-14, 21:09
I'd be concerned about the lifespan of this.

themonk
10-16-14, 21:24

What makes you say that?

RyanB
10-17-14, 02:55
Once you put the can on, you have a LOT of heat and pressure in that little tube and it's going to erode a lot.

JS-Maine
10-17-14, 05:05
This was my concern as well. I don't know that the original design was intended for this level of use. It may not take the beating that the guts of a can delivers. Doesn't hurt to try it out though. That's especially true if someone else tries.:)

Eurodriver
10-17-14, 07:43
I agree but if you use AAC suppressors you are stuck with their three options. This may be great for a rifle that rarely wears a can but you would like to have the option to throw it on.

Exactly.

It's easy to say "pass" when you're not running a can on a 10.3" barrel and either eroding your suppressor with a flash hider or rattling your teeth with the brake.

This is big, and I'll be purchasing one. The idea of pressure in the compensator while suppressed does concern me a bit, however.

Eurodriver
10-17-14, 07:45

Really? That mount to an AAC 51t suppressor? Where???

jwfuhrman
10-17-14, 08:31
I've been running a prototype 7.62 version of this mount for 6 months, running it on a 6.8 11.3in with 762-SD. Around 3500rds 100% suppressed. No issues.

It's now on my Remington 700 in 260 Rem.

themonk
10-17-14, 08:32
I've been running a prototype 7.62 version of this mount for 6 months, running it on a 6.8 11.3in with 762-SD. Around 3500rds 100% suppressed. No issues.

It's now on my Remington 700 in 260 Rem.

Any experience with the 556 version?

MistWolf
10-17-14, 10:26
Once you put the can on, you have a LOT of heat and pressure in that little tube and it's going to erode a lot.

Heat, yes. Pressure will be no more than what it'd be without the can. Erosion is from heat and velocity rather than pressure and the can slows down the velocity of the gasses

docsherm
10-17-14, 10:44
This is very good to hear. I have always liked BC but I run AAC cans on most of my carbines so I have adapters on all of them. Just ordered one. I will let you know haw it works.

themonk
10-20-14, 19:16
Docsherm, can you let us know what you think when you get it. Im totally on the fence.

MistWolf
10-20-14, 21:35
Anyone know how much the BC 51.0 weighs?

jwfuhrman
10-20-14, 21:44
Just as good as the 762 BC51.0 Prototype I've been testing since June. My 556 BC 51.0 came today. 200rds un-suppressed and 300 suppressed thru it today already when my buddy came over for our Monday night drill night.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f89/jfarmscompany/BC51T2_zps09315c27.jpg (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/jfarmscompany/media/BC51T2_zps09315c27.jpg.html)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f89/jfarmscompany/IMG_1392_zps4fc82b77.jpg (http://s45.photobucket.com/user/jfarmscompany/media/IMG_1392_zps4fc82b77.jpg.html)

themonk
10-20-14, 21:55
Did you rockset it? Looks awesome.

jwfuhrman
10-20-14, 22:04
Pinned/Welded, 14.5in barrel

themonk
10-21-14, 06:40
I would assume if I asked you how it shoots you would say "like a battlecomp" and if I asked how the can fit you would say "like any AAC can on its mount"?

jwfuhrman
10-21-14, 10:27
Pretty much. It works exactly like a Battle Comp that lets you mount any AAC 51T can on it. What else is there to expect, its a Battle Comp, quality production.

themonk
10-21-14, 10:45
The custom ones were welded on the AAC mount, right? Are these welded or machined out of one piece?

jwfuhrman
10-21-14, 12:09
These are one piece

ScatmanCrothers
10-21-14, 12:17
I love my BattleComp wish it came with other options other than AAC 51 tooth. Got a Specwar on the way and would love to see that option.

I know there are a ton of AAC cans and end users out there, myself included, but I'm surprised they decided to move forward with a production model of this mount instead of just sticking with the special requests at this point in the 51T game. One of the most outdated can mounts among big name suppressor manufacturers still being produced IYAM and is long overdue for an upgrade.

Never used a battlecomp in any serious capacity but if they released a Specwar mount BC I'd probably give it a go.

Koshinn
10-21-14, 12:20
How does the 51.0 compare to a brakeout 2?

tylerw02
10-21-14, 12:51
I wish this would have been out before. May have swayed me to an AAC can. AAC 51T mounts have been a bit of a concern over the years. I ultimately went Surefire. I wouldn't mind a BC that worked with a SF SOCOM so I could skip the brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTL BRN
10-22-14, 13:59
How does the 51.0 compare to a brakeout 2?

Very interested in this myself, the one thing keeping me from grabbing one at this point.

themonk
10-22-14, 14:11
My experience with the breakout 2 is there are far better options. As a break, it is good at reducing recoil and keeping the muzzle on target but because the device is not timed, one of the comp ports was at my 1:00 - the flash in my T1 was brutal. I traded down for just a blackout flash hider it was so brutal. I have another one on a 300 blk 16" upper that is better but my recommendation is if you are concerned about flash, skip the breakout 2. If you want a comp go with AAC's comp or this new battlecomp 51.0 .

BTL BRN
10-22-14, 14:41
My experience with the breakout 2 is there are far better options. As a break, it is good at reducing recoil and keeping the muzzle on target but because the device is not timed, one of the comp ports was at my 1:00 - the flash in my T1 was brutal. I traded down for just a blackout flash hider it was so brutal. I have another one on a 300 blk 16" upper that is better but my recommendation is if you are concerned about flash, skip the breakout 2. If you want a comp go with AAC's comp or this new battlecomp 51.0 .

Excellent thanks, the lack of shims and timing are appealing to me; but of course that can be a double-edged sword. My experience with AAC's muzzle devices has been limited to Blackouts thus far (x6).

themonk
10-22-14, 14:52
Excellent thanks, the lack of shims and timing are appealing to me; but of course that can be a double-edged sword. My experience with AAC's muzzle devices has been limited to Blackouts thus far (x6).

AAC's double barreled muzzle break is awesome as a comp and keeping the muzzle on target. It's just loud as hell and don't even think about putting it on an SBR and not running a can = teeth chattering concussion.

Jwknutson17
10-22-14, 19:29
Finally a alternative to the Brakeout and Blackouts. Finally! With the 180 dollar price tag, I think its a little late in the game for folks with the 51t mount suppressors. I might still buy one... but since I bought my M4-2000, I have been gravitating away from the mounting system and have bought many surefire and KAC cans. Well see how it plays out for them. If they were a little cheaper, I would have bought one already.

C45P312
10-31-14, 04:45
I was finally able to take it onto the range last weekend. Shot roughly 600 rounds through her. Definitely works just like other BCE comps which was my main concern. Not as much muzzle blast compared to a Breakout Gen 1. Stays on target during 6 round bill drills with a good shooting form. No noticeable difference shooting 6 round bill drills suppressed (M4-2000) with Noveske MK18 BC 51.0 versus Colt 6933 AAC Breakout 1.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10704226_406738752808420_2214285917227125752_o.jpg

F.C.III
10-31-14, 15:45
For the guys that have the BC 51.0.... How well do your cans lock up? Meaning ... Once ratcheted down on brake do you get any wobble? Any more or less noticeable than AAC hiders or brakes?
I know with AAC stuff its hit or miss as far as the wobble goes once tightened all the way down. I know its not a functional issue but it does bother me to a degree

C45P312
10-31-14, 22:02
For the guys that have the BC 51.0.... How well do your cans lock up? Meaning ... Once ratcheted down on brake do you get any wobble? Any more or less noticeable than AAC hiders or brakes?
I know with AAC stuff its hit or miss as far as the wobble goes once tightened all the way down. I know its not a functional issue but it does bother me to a degree

It looks up tight for me on the BC 51.0 but like you said it is hit or miss. I have one setup with an AAC Blackout which doesn't lock up that one extra notch. Hasn't caused me any problems in roughly 1400 rounds out of the total 8000ish rounds through my can.

jahwarrior1423
11-04-14, 21:03
So what's the consensus on the battlecomp function in a supressors?...meaning, it wasn't designed to attach to a suppressor in the beginning from what I know.

sidewaysil80
11-04-14, 21:19
So what's the consensus on the battlecomp function in a supressors?...meaning, it wasn't designed to attach to a suppressor in the beginning from what I know.
That's a good question. The AAC brakeouts all have that "sacrificial" baffle which catches a lot of the erosion. Would the front portion of the battlecomp act in a similar manner or is that null and void due to it venting upwards prior to reaching that portion?

jahwarrior1423
11-04-14, 21:34
That's why I am curious. I bought a battlecomp 51T but can always sell it and buy a blackout

MistWolf
11-05-14, 00:26
Yes, the design of the BC will give you your "sacrificial baffle".

I suspect "sacrificial baffle" is a subliminal message that translates into "you will send us another $200"

Koshinn
11-05-14, 09:19

The entire existence of the bc2.0 has to do with suppressor mounting. If there were problems, they would have worked them out in the several years between the 2.0 and 51.0.

Jwknutson17
11-05-14, 09:29

Mine is very close to not clicking in the last notch. I had 4 different AAC mounts that would not and only 1 that locked up tight. The 51.0 just barley, and I mean barley, gets into the full last notch with a little extra effort. Rock sold and tight. What a difference between the 1st brakeout and this 51.0. Should have bought one of the hybrids a year ago.

themonk
11-05-14, 10:02
What a difference between the 1st brakeout and this 51.0. Should have bought one of the hybrids a year ago.

Yea - I picked one up but they are moving so I need to wait a week for it to ship but I am totally psyched. It will be nice to have additional mounting option. If they were not so damn expensive I would drop all the AAC mounts from all my guns and go with these.

Jwknutson17
11-05-14, 10:10
Yea - I picked one up but they are moving so I need to wait a week for it to ship but I am totally psyched. It will be nice to have additional mounting option. If they were not so damn expensive I would drop all the AAC mounts from all my guns and go with these.

Very true. Expensive, but also gives you the option to finally shoot the rifle without a can on it. At least its not $300 bucks like the KAC mams I bought. :mad: I have mine on a 11.5 SBR and it was impossible to get used to the flash with the Brakeout. It made me only shoot the rifle suppressed 100 percent of the time. Finally I have a option now to shoot both suppressed and not. :D Thanks battlecomp for making my SBR pleasant again.

F.C.III
11-05-14, 16:14
Thanks for the info guys... I appreciate it! Guess I'll have to order one up. Mine is going on an sbr as well. How is the blast w/out your cans on? Similar to the BrakeOuts or better?

Eurodriver
11-07-14, 06:45
Thanks for the info guys... I appreciate it! Guess I'll have to order one up. Mine is going on an sbr as well. How is the blast w/out your cans on? Similar to the BrakeOuts or better?

I too have this question.

I will be putting it on an SBR and will fire it suppressed 90% of the time, but from what I've read with certain types of ammo on an 11.5" the battlecomp's flash and concussion is ridiculous.

Jwknutson17
11-07-14, 07:19
I too have this question.

I will be putting it on an SBR and will fire it suppressed 90% of the time, but from what I've read with certain types of ammo on an 11.5" the battlecomp's flash and concussion is ridiculous.

It still has flash and has concussion. But compaired to the alternative AAC comp devices, the battle comp wins. The flash is less perceived from the shooter as it's spread out a lot more the the AAC with the large 9,12,3 o clock ports. I do still think the mams is a better device then the battle comp without a suppressor on a 11.5. This 51.0 is the only battle comp I own. I do feel that there are better muzzle devices out there, but with the 51t mount, the BC is the best option IMO. So to answer your question. Yes it's loud, and yes there is still flash... But less.

markm
11-07-14, 07:57
Just saw this thing. Looks good. I can only imagine the machine time to make this as a one piece mount.

Eurodriver
11-07-14, 08:24
It still has flash and has concussion. But compaired to the alternative AAC comp devices, the battle comp wins. The flash is less perceived from the shooter as it's spread out a lot more the the AAC with the large 9,12,3 o clock ports. I do still think the mams is a better device then the battle comp without a suppressor on a 11.5. This 51.0 is the only battle comp I own. I do feel that there are better muzzle devices out there, but with the 51t mount, the BC is the best option IMO. So to answer your question. Yes it's loud, and yes there is still flash... But less.

Alright, thanks. I had the AAC Brake on my old 10.3", and that would rattle your brains out. I mean it literally sucked the air out of your nose. On the other hand, I never shot it unsuppressed because it was setup from the get go to be suppressed.

I know hmac has a BC on his 11.5" that he loves, so I might go ahead and order one of these.

markm
11-07-14, 09:06
Alright, thanks. I had the AAC Brake on my old 10.3", and that would rattle your brains out. I mean it literally sucked the air out of your nose. On the other hand, I never shot it unsuppressed because it was setup from the get go to be suppressed.

I know hmac has a BC on his 11.5" that he loves, so I might go ahead and order one of these.

Pappabear runs a BC on an 11.5. It's not at all painful for the shooter.... and only mildly noticeable to bystanders.

He had a 2 chamber AAC brake on an 11.5 that was as brutal as you described. ridiculous.

mtdawg169
11-07-14, 09:33
I've run a BC1.0 on my 11.5 and it wasn't bad at all.

Eurodriver
11-11-14, 08:53
Does anyone know what's up with BattleComp?

Every time I try to order a 51.0 I've gotten this error

Communications Error - Please notify webmaster. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I've tried two different credit cards. I emailed them, and I called them yesterday morning but no response to anything.

themonk
11-11-14, 09:32
They have been moving from CA to AZ. May want to check their facebook page for updated info.

Eurodriver
11-11-14, 09:58
Thanks. They will reopen on the 12th.

markm
11-11-14, 10:21
They have been moving from CA to AZ. May want to check their facebook page for updated info.

Wow. I hadn't heard that.

Eurodriver
11-13-14, 06:47
Heads up - Battlecomp is offering a discount using code: MOVEMBER2014 until Nov 29th. It applies to everything except the 51.0, of course.

I just ordered the BC51.0 hoping that the concussion isn't too bad. I've owned the 1.5 on a 14.5" and don't recall it being too bad, but I never really got to stretch its legs nor fire it indoors.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/comp_zpscfa61003.jpg

I also ordered the Geiselle Reaction Rod from G&R. At $76, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to install a muzzle device "correctly".

Wow. I hadn't heard that.

Are you getting excited???? I was watching the history channel a few minutes ago and they had the complete history of AZ on. Tombstone, Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, and silver...I mean, who wouldn't want to move there?

markm
11-13-14, 08:19
I keep forgetting to check BC's facebook page to see the details. I can't view Fb at work so I don't know where in AZ they're moving to.

MistWolf
11-13-14, 09:07
I was watching the history channel a few minutes ago and they had the complete history of AZ on. Tombstone, Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, and silver...I mean, who wouldn't want to move there?

One of the best places I've ever lived was Tusyan, Az. Great place to raise my kids. The school was inside Grand Canyon National Park and within walking distance of the rim

KING_PALM
11-13-14, 12:01
I am gonna have to snag one of these.... Know that they are one piece!

Sent from my shop couch!

markm
11-13-14, 12:33
I am gonna have to snag one of these.... Know that they are one piece!

Even if welded, I'd still buy it if I needed a 51t.

jaybirdritenour2
11-13-14, 15:31
Anyone know when the 762 are coming? I would love to get two for the 300 Blackout builds I'm about to do. Sending off for my stamp on an SDN6 in two weeks.

Eurodriver
11-13-14, 20:27
Anyone know when the 762 are coming? I would love to get two for the 300 Blackout builds I'm about to do. Sending off for my stamp on an SDN6 in two weeks.
Well, the good news is they will either be available by the time yor stamp comes back or you'll know by then if they're ever being released.

jaybirdritenour2
11-13-14, 21:32
Well, the good news is they will either be available by the time yor stamp comes back or you'll know by then if they're ever being released.

True but I will have both rifles built way before the suppressor stamp comes in.

deanq
11-14-14, 08:15
I was finally able to take it onto the range last weekend. Shot roughly 600 rounds through her. Definitely works just like other BCE comps which was my main concern. Not as much muzzle blast compared to a Breakout Gen 1. Stays on target during 6 round bill drills with a good shooting form. No noticeable difference shooting 6 round bill drills suppressed (M4-2000) with Noveske MK18 BC 51.0 versus Colt 6933 AAC Breakout 1.
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10704226_406738752808420_2214285917227125752_o.jpg

How do you keep from blowing your light up w/o a can? Is your comp indexed to the side or am I looking at the picture wrong? I have yet to find the perfect rail light setup is why I ask.

jwfuhrman
11-14-14, 09:16
How do you keep from blowing your light up w/o a can? Is your comp indexed to the side or am I looking at the picture wrong? I have yet to find the perfect rail light setup is why I ask.

I've got mine setup the same way. Its a Non-issue with a good light like a Surefire M300B.

Eurodriver
11-19-14, 19:26
Got mine in today, sorry the pics aren't too good - the lighting in here is terrible.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1135_zps7b3d5f2b.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1137_zpsc80ed39f.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1139_zpsa3dbef76.jpg

Will be shooting it this weekend. I'm anxious to see what it's like.

Eurodriver
11-22-14, 16:19
Fired the 51.0 today on an 11.5" Barrel.

I am very, very surprised. Firing side by side with a 14.5" BCM with BCM Mod 1 Comp, I would say they sounded about equal. Not bad at all. There is finally a "Sacrificial blast baffle" option for AAC cans that doesn't involve rattling your teeth.

C45P312
11-22-14, 22:42

It's indexed with the logo on the bottom. Ports are faced up and to the side. With my brakeout, the blast really hit the surefire head hard since the one big hole was right next to it. With the BCE 51.0, the ports are somewhat spread better. I haven't had a problem yet with my surefires in regards to the blast from the muzzle device. I have it so far forward so the lens doesn't get caked on carbon and when I have my suppressor attached, I try to have the beam clear the suppressor or else it will cast a shadow.

Grip
12-03-14, 17:51
Can anyone tell me the OAL of the. 51.0?

themonk
12-03-14, 17:54
Can anyone tell me the OAL of the. 51.0?

2 3/8

Grip
12-03-14, 20:13
Thank you. Just ordered the battlecomp 51.0

(2.375")

BTL BRN
02-27-15, 12:42
Any idea on when these might be coming back in-stock, or does anyone have any leads?

Jwknutson17
02-27-15, 13:32
Curious to see how long the end cap "baffle" lasts on SBRs. There was another thread on here where a guy had one on a 10.X and after only a few hundred rounds could see a lot of erosion. I took mine off my 11.5 almost immediately after seeing the pics. And sold my other new one. It was pretty pleasant on my 11.5 for the few rounds I had put through it. Went back to a MB on the 11.5. Looking at the material thickness, it sure wouldn't take long to blast through the cap.. Just throwing it out there for peps running them in 10.x and 11.5s expecting a good blast baffle.

themonk
02-27-15, 13:52
Curious to see how long the end cap "baffle" lasts on SBRs. There was another thread on here where a guy had one on a 10.X and after only a few hundred rounds could see a lot of erosion. I took mine off my 11.5 almost immediately after seeing the pics. And sold my other new one. It was pretty pleasant on my 11.5 for the few rounds I had put through it. Went back to a MB on the 11.5. Looking at the material thickness, it sure wouldn't take long to blast through the cap.. Just throwing it out there for peps running them in 10.x and 11.5s expecting a good blast baffle.

I would assume you are talking about this thread - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?126856-Suppressor-SBR-Muzzle-Brake&p=2056214#post2056214?

As a data point, I have a 51.0 on a 11.5 BCM upper. I had about 500-600 rounds (suppressed & unsuppressed) through it before it went in for cerakote. During that process my smith completely stripped all the burnt carbon off the 51.0 to the point it looked new. We did not see any issues. Since pick up I have put at least another 200 though it and it looks fine.

Eurodriver
02-27-15, 14:46
I've got a 51.0 on an 11.5". Easily have 500+ rounds through it suppressed firing pretty rapidly without any noticeable erosion at all.

The end of his 51.0 looks really odd - white and scraped up.

I wonder if the extra inch makes a difference. The AAC Muzzle Brakes and BC 51.0 are made out of the same material. I had over 10,000 rounds in my AAC Muzzle Brake without much erosion, so I'm not too worried about it.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1967_zpsstjlycnr.jpg

Pappabear
02-27-15, 20:58
I sure wish they would make another batch already.

Jwknutson17
02-28-15, 13:49
I would assume you are talking about this thread - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?126856-Suppressor-SBR-Muzzle-Brake&p=2056214#post2056214?

As a data point, I have a 51.0 on a 11.5 BCM upper. I had about 500-600 rounds (suppressed & unsuppressed) through it before it went in for cerakote. During that process my smith completely stripped all the burnt carbon off the 51.0 to the point it looked new. We did not see any issues. Since pick up I have put at least another 200 though it and it looks fine.

I've got a 51.0 on an 11.5". Easily have 500+ rounds through it suppressed firing pretty rapidly without any noticeable erosion at all.

The end of his 51.0 looks really odd - white and scraped up.

I wonder if the extra inch makes a difference. The AAC Muzzle Brakes and BC 51.0 are made out of the same material. I had over 10,000 rounds in my AAC Muzzle Brake without much erosion, so I'm not too worried about it.

Well looks like I ditched the 51.0 for no good reason at all then. I might just put the one I have on a 14.5 back on the 11.5. Doesn't help that I bought another brake already.. :mad:

Eurodriver
02-28-15, 14:30
Well looks like I ditched the 51.0 for no good reason at all then. I might just put the one I have on a 14.5 back on the 11.5. Doesn't help that I bought another brake already.. :mad:

I see what you mean that the end of the 51.0 is much thinner than the muzzle brake, but with what I've personally seen I can't even begin to worry about anything until 10,000+ rounds. The end of my 51.0 literally still looks brand new.

It's still a little noisy, but I don't know how you run a brake. I used to have one and it was BAD.

Jwknutson17
02-28-15, 14:51
I see what you mean that the end of the 51.0 is much thinner than the muzzle brake, but with what I've personally seen I can't even begin to worry about anything until 10,000+ rounds. The end of my 51.0 literally still looks brand new.

It's still a little noisy, but I don't know how you run a brake. I used to have one and it was BAD.

You are correct that it is pretty bad. I shoot this rifle suppressed 99 percent of the time. When these 51.0's came out, I pickup up 2 right away. I quickly realized that it was kind of pointless covering up the 51.0 the whole time if I never shot it unsuppressed. It was kinda forcing me to want to shoot it without the can. I realized in that case, I just pick up a different rifle anyway and that's a lot more pleasant. The brake is probably the best MD for this rifle its on. While the 51.0 gave me probably the best option for a 50/50 suppressed SBR. Its almost the same as putting my KAC mams on my 11.5 SBR. While I loved the muzzle device, shooting it suppressed more often then not, I was losing some of the need to even have the MAMS under there. Now the MAMS is on a chopped to 13 ish inch barrel and that I get to take advantage of it not being suppressed the whole time. With the price of some of these devices, it hurts!!! :( I guess where I'm going is that my mainly suppressed SBRs just get the straight up brakes instead of any fancy comp/brake/FH. Whatever is cheapest with a baffle that gets the job done. And with the brake to be had for 100 bucks these days or even less on the EE, its an easier decision for me not to run the 51.0. When the cans mounted, I dont really care whats under there, as long as it has some sort of brake/baffle. If that makes sense. Im always torn back and forth what to run on there. But the reality of it is, the can just stays on the thing. Guess that is my justification for ditching the 51.0. And I was scared from that other thread ;)

immanuelrx
03-01-15, 20:36
So I have been skimming through this thread and I am getting this gist that BC is not a good product. At this point I am just building a 16" barrel (well 14.5 plus whatever I put on the end) basic AR15 for target practice. Should I reconsider the BC and if so, what would you suggest? Thanks

C45P312
03-01-15, 21:33
So I have been skimming through this thread and I am getting this gist that BC is not a good product. At this point I am just building a 16" barrel (well 14.5 plus whatever I put on the end) basic AR15 for target practice. Should I reconsider the BC and if so, what would you suggest? Thanks
BC is a great company with great customer service. I like their muzzle devices. Do you plan on putting a suppressor on your rifle?

immanuelrx
03-01-15, 21:42
BC is a great company with great customer service. I like their muzzle devices. Do you plan on putting a suppressor on your rifle?

To be honest with you, I don't know at this point. I wanted to eventually but I don't know if it would be with this rifle or another build. Would it make a difference? I would probably want to consider other options if a suppressor would cause issues. I did some reading on suppressors a while back, but not enough to know if I need to change things with my current build due to a suppressor.

tylerw02
03-01-15, 21:43
When you don't know what you want, a 16" is the way to go.

immanuelrx
03-01-15, 21:48
When you don't know what you want, a 16" is the way to go.

16" barrel or 16" all together? a 16" barrel with any additions seems so long to me.

tylerw02
03-01-15, 21:56
16" for the barrel alone so you're not stuck trying to figure out what you want and paying for pinning only to ruin a muzzle device when you decide you want a suppressor or something.

immanuelrx
03-01-15, 23:10
16" for the barrel alone so you're not stuck trying to figure out what you want and paying for pinning only to ruin a muzzle device when you decide you want a suppressor or something.

Well that makes complete sense. Thank you. I guess I can deal with a longer barrel so I don't have to pin anything while I figure things out.

Eurodriver
03-02-15, 15:11
Got the beast mode $1,000 camera out to get a good, bright shot of the muzzle device.

Again - at least 500 rounds mostly all suppressed and zero wear that I can see.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC00078_zpslefqdfkf.jpg

TMS951
03-02-15, 16:34
Cool to see Euro, it would be awesome if you updated this thread with a pic in 500round intervals

BTL BRN
03-02-15, 17:35

If you want to sell it, I'll take it off of your hands.

Eurodriver
03-03-15, 14:16
Cool to see Euro, it would be awesome if you updated this thread with a pic in 500round intervals

Not a problem.

Eurodriver
03-21-15, 16:04
I put another ~450 rounds through it this morning suppressed.

Still no noticeable signs of wear.

I have no idea what was wrong with that BC in the link. Literally the only marks on mine are green copper oxidation in the slots and where the can mates on the threads.

Eurodriver
04-16-15, 15:48
Today was another 500 rounds or so, fired at a rate hot enough to get my suppressor smoking (It was 90* here today, so it wasn't due to cold weather)

Instead of bumping this thread frequently with updates. I'll just update it whenever (if) something happens to the 51.0

Still not seeing how anyone had a damaged 51.0 without jacket separation or anything of that sort.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC03320_zpskhrosnx9.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC03322_zpsjrcduf7t.jpg

themonk
05-06-15, 09:44
I just went past 3k on this rifle about 2/3rds suppressed. I agree with Euro, I don't foresee there being any issues for a long long time.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/IMG_7957_zpsvja1tb32.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/IMG_7955_zpszc1bwcga.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/laddmc/IMG_7953_zpsfvek3v7t.jpg

jwfuhrman
05-06-15, 14:24
roughly 3500 rounds down range with 1500 of those being suppressed with a M4-2000 or 762-SDN-6. Still going strong, but whats to expect, its a BattleComp.

bullitt
05-06-15, 14:53
So now that these have been out a while can anyone comment on how well the BC51 protects the can compared to the AAC brake. After a couple years using an AAC brake on my 12.5" 5.56 upper the blast baffle still looks great on my SDN-6. If the BC51 provides as much protection then I will switch to it in a heartbeat.

Mak8080
05-07-15, 16:57
So now that these have been out a while can anyone comment on how well the BC51 protects the can compared to the AAC brake. After a couple years using an AAC brake on my 12.5" 5.56 upper the blast baffle still looks great on my SDN-6. If the BC51 provides as much protection then I will switch to it in a heartbeat.

I'd be interested in this as well.

BTL BRN
05-08-15, 17:03
Still waiting for them to come back in-stock ... any rumblings?

themonk
05-08-15, 17:32
They said on instagram that they are up next for machining - https://instagram.com/p/1VzJHXsrjh/?taken-by=battlecomp

Eurodriver
07-10-16, 20:23

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_0194_zpsjbalcfws.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_0193_zpsjgjuhfjw.png

Objectively speaking, whomever said this comp wears out is completely full of shit. Years of use and thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo with no obvious damage whatsoever.

People are ****ing idiots. This is why I hate the internet.

Pappabear
07-10-16, 21:16
Sold my upper. Probably had like a billion rounds or something through it suppressed. 11.

Objectively speaking, whomever said this comp wears out is completely full of shit. Years of use and thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo with no obvious damage whatsoever.

And this why I love it. Debunking total retardation. I just bought a couple M4-2k's for medicinamal purposes. Made me think, just maybe I ought to buy some extra brakes for 15 yrs from now.

mtdawg169
07-10-16, 22:04
Dang, I still need to order a couple of these

edmorseiii
07-11-16, 11:23
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_0194_zpsjbalcfws.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_0193_zpsjgjuhfjw.png

I can back this post up. I have had no problems with both of the BC51.0's I have, 1 on a 16" BCM and 1 on a 10.5" LMT. I use them with a 762-SDN-6 and have 2 high round count classes on them over the last year and lots of other range trips in between.

I also have the 30 cal version, 51.30 or something like that, waiting for my 16" 308 to be finished and have absolute confidence it will work just as well.