PDA

View Full Version : Who Says Liberals Can't Become Great Military Men? (Hunter Biden)

darr3239
10-16-14, 20:43
I take it back. He was in the reserves, a while after his active duty service.

http://news.yahoo.com/bidens-youngest-son-leaves-navy-amid-drug-report-003510163--politics.html

T2C
10-16-14, 21:50
What did he do that was great?

JohnnyC
10-16-14, 21:52
Got kicked out for doing blow. And he was never active Navy, always in the reserves, as a public affairs officer.

darr3239
10-16-14, 22:21
Sorry about that. I should have researched his service a little further. I assumed at some point he must have served overseas in an active capacity, but none the less he was a reservist.

My reference to "great" was sarcastic.

T2C
10-16-14, 22:28
One of his associates, John "John Boat" Kerry was also active duty U.S. Navy. Maybe you were thinking of him.

Eurodriver
10-17-14, 05:33
Smedley Butler has 2 medals of honor and he would make Obama look like Reagan.

Koshinn
10-17-14, 05:40
Daniel Inouye, while anti-gun and as liberal as you can get, has a MoH for taking out two German machine guns nests by himself, iirc, after he lost his arm. He's of Japanese descent... he fought for America when America put his family in a prison camp for looking like the enemy. I'd imagine the number of people here that would fight for a country that put you and your family in prison because of your race could be counted on one hand. I'm not one of them for sure.

chuckman
10-17-14, 09:47
Smedley Butler has 2 medals of honor and he would make Obama look like Reagan.

That what I was going to bring out.

HackerF15E
10-17-14, 12:56
Just goes to show there is no connection between acting heroically in combat and having political leanings that confer with the oath taken to support and defend the Constitution.

Of course, there are also plenty of rank-and-file combat veterans who are perfectly willing to trample on Constitutional rights after they leave active duty, too....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Duckworth