PDA

View Full Version : When an AR15 is completed

M4Eagle
10-17-14, 12:06
When I reach a stage with an AR/M4 when it works perfectly for me then I consider adding another....
That's the case with the Bushmaster XM15 E2S. that I just finished with adds of.... MOE stock, BCM charging handle, Monstrum 3x9X40 scope, MOE bad lever, MOE grips n LOTS of Pmags.
Now on to the next M4 after learning so much from this one on the range with under 2 inches groups at 100yds.... I like it

TexanInCali
10-17-14, 12:26
I didn't realize an AR-15 was ever complete. There's always something to tweak, add or remove. That's part of the fun.

M4Eagle
10-17-14, 12:30
Yeah... I know.. And the add part is another costly new one while I convince myself that one is "completed" to save some money up... For this fun hobby. LOL

AeroEngi
10-17-14, 12:31
AR-15's are never complete. They're constantly a work in progress.

HackerF15E
10-17-14, 12:49
The most important accessory is trigger time.

jmnielsen
10-17-14, 13:36
I wouldn't call it done with that optic on it... Not to be rude but a $75 scope isn't something to be proud of. Instead if building another sub par AR why don't you put that money towards an actual optic?

M4Eagle
10-17-14, 13:44
Thanks but the groups I'm getting with it are so satisfying... Not spending hundreds of dollars more is sweet...
Believe me I'm not into high end status optics... Just tack driving accuracy

TMS951
10-17-14, 13:51
Glad you are proud of your modifications, and happy with your gun.

If it were my time and money instead of another rifle I would replace your optic, BCG, trigger and barrel on that one first. Probably the buffer too, unless it is an H buffer already.

If you're not into the pricier magnified optics a Leupold VXR 1-4 is a good optic for as little as ~465$.

straitR
10-17-14, 14:15
The man started a thread about finishing the rifle, he's perfectly happy with it, and the results he's getting on paper. Stop telling him he needs to start replacing parts. He's been here for 3 months, get a grip.

M4Eagle, looks good bro. Nice and light. Building it just how you like it is all that matters. Spend your extra money on ammo and go shoot it more.