PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Tavor IDF model?

Bret
10-18-14, 12:11
Who has the best price on the Tavor IDF model? This is the one that has the MEPRO 21 Day/Night Illuminated reflex sight mounted directly to the barrel. There don't seem to be that many out there, which probably has something to do with the price. I found one on GunBroker, but perhaps there is a better price somewhere else?

A62Rambler
10-18-14, 16:31
G and R Tactical has the best price but not sure on availability. I'd give a call to Grant and see if he has one or can get you one.

Bret
10-18-14, 16:48
G&R doesn't show the IDF model on their website. I just went ahead and bought one off GunBroker. It was $1955 delivered, which is the best price that I could find for the IDF model. Considering that the M21 is about a $450 to $475 sight at best, that puts me in the $1500 range for the rifle alone. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

C4IGrant
10-18-14, 16:58
We have one in stock and could have saved you money! Always good to check with us.

C4

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bret
10-18-14, 17:29
Oh, didn't realize. Well, it's only money. I check next time.

Bret
10-19-14, 10:40
Does anyone know which reticle comes on the M21 that's supplied with Tavor IDF?

sentinel
10-20-14, 15:35
Mine came with the bullseye reticle.

scottryan
10-20-14, 20:57
The IDF model is really not an IDF model. If you want an exact clone then you need to buy the 18" model and install the M21 sight.

The IDF model is trying to mimic a compact Tavor with 15" barrel.

Bret
10-28-14, 14:49
Even if it did have the same length barrel, it still wouldn't really be the same because it doesn't have a fun switch. I'll just have to take what I can get within the confines of what big brother allows.

HKGuns
11-03-14, 22:39
I can't seem to find the detailed differences between the IDF model and the "regular" model. The top rail is obviously different and the IDF model appears to be heavier.

Does anyone know the actual differences, if any, other than the rail and the included optic? Why would I buy the IDF model over the regular model and just pick my own optic?

John Rambo
11-16-14, 21:31
I can't seem to find the detailed differences between the IDF model and the "regular" model. The top rail is obviously different and the IDF model appears to be heavier.

Does anyone know the actual differences, if any, other than the rail and the included optic? Why would I buy the IDF model over the regular model and just pick my own optic?

Theres no such thing as the "IDF model". They are all the same. You have a barrel length and color option. And one model comes with the Mep 21 sight and no rail. This is what they are calling the "IDF Model", but it technically there's nothing IDF about it and it's the more expensive and worse option in my opinion. You lose the top rail and I hate that Mep sight. The retical is so big you can't even see small targets past 35 yards and hardly see human size targets past 50 and there's no adjustment. You're stuck with it.

People pick the "IDF Model" because it's marketed as what the IDF uses, but it's not. I can't find any pictures of any IDF actually using the Mep21. Looks to me like they all take them off and replace them with something else. I don't know they are issued the Mep21, if they are they don't seem to like it.

Bret
11-16-14, 21:59
I just picked mine up today. Initial impressions are good. It balances very well, although I have to say that it does weigh more than I anticipated. The trigger pull is heavy, as expected, but still decent.

Theres no such thing as the "IDF model". They are all the same. You have a barrel length and color option. And one model comes with the Mep 21 sight and no rail. This is what they are calling the "IDF Model", but it technically there's nothing IDF about it and it's the more expensive and worse option in my opinion. You lose the top rail and I hate that Mep sight.
IDF Model is what's marketed here in the US in semiauto configuration. The main difference between it and the others is the top rail configuration. Supposedly the IDF uses the top configuration of the "IDF model" as opposed to the long rail. I didn't want a long top rail and I did want to try the Mepro 21, so it's a good match for me. I paid $1975 out the door. When you factor in the cost of a Mepro 21, the Tavor was actually less than I could have bought it with the long rail.

The retical is so big you can't even see small targets past 35 yards and hardly see human size targets past 50 and there's no adjustment. You're stuck with it.
I'm actually pretty impressed so far. I can tell you one thing for sure. The triangle is much clearer to me than my Aimpoint H2's dot and my Eotech's circle. This might have something to do with my vision though. My close up vision is crap, but long distance is great. We'll see once I'm able to actually use it.

Bret
03-15-23, 17:27
I know that it's been nine years and I thought that they were gone for sure, but iwi.us has five IDF Tavors in stock for some reason.
https://iwi.us/product/tavor-sar-idf/