PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawn form 1 refund?

PatrioticDisorder
10-20-14, 16:12
Just curious, anyone ever withdraw a form 1? If so, how did the refund come? I received 4 stamps today plus a form 1 stamped withdrawn for a form 1 I asked to be withdrawn on but no refund check...

domestique
10-20-14, 17:01
Just curious, anyone ever withdraw a form 1? If so, how did the refund come? I received 4 stamps today plus a form 1 stamped withdrawn for a form 1 I asked to be withdrawn on but no refund check...

Not a form 1, not I had a form 4 transfer canceled. The ATF sent a US treasury check for $200.00 in the mail to my address.

Was this through the e-file system or paper?

I would give them a call and check on it.

PatrioticDisorder
10-20-14, 17:37
Not a form 1, not I had a form 4 transfer canceled. The ATF sent a US treasury check for $200.00 in the mail to my address.

Was this through the e-file system or paper?

I would give them a call and check on it.

Forms approved Oct 1, received today all stamps & withdrawn form 1 envelope but no check... My examiner called me Oct 1 to verify I wanted to withdraw and he said he was getting a check cut, I'd hate to call him back and take time from approving others but I guess if it doesn't show up in a couple days I'll give him a buzz...

domestique
10-20-14, 17:59
Forms approved Oct 1, received today all stamps & withdrawn form 1 envelope but no check... My examiner called me Oct 1 to verify I wanted to withdraw and he said he was getting a check cut, I'd hate to call him back and take time from approving others but I guess if it doesn't show up in a couple days I'll give him a buzz...

I had check in hand within 5 days of my form being canceled.

The USPS will give a 14 day window on all first class mail.

I think you are safe to call and ask.

GrahamKAC
10-20-14, 19:32
Took me over 90 days to get the withdrawn form in the mail. Same thing, no check. It's been over a month since I got the withdrawn copy. Perhaps I should check also.

Bret
10-20-14, 20:15
Before I actually cut the barrel to make it in to an SBR, I had an approved Form 1 for an Arsenal SLR-106CR voided because the rifle was unreliable and Arsenal couldn't fix it. As I remember, it took months to get the $200 refund, but it did come without any prodding from me.

PatrioticDisorder
10-20-14, 20:26
Hmmm I guess it varies widely... Graham if you give them a call, please give us an update (and I'll do the same of course).

Jer
10-21-14, 10:16
Hmmm I guess it varies widely... Graham if you give them a call, please give us an update (and I'll do the same of course).

Before we draw that conclusion, one question...

I had check in hand within 5 days of my form being canceled.

The USPS will give a 14 day window on all first class mail.

I think you are safe to call and ask.

Approximately how long ago was that?

If it was years ago before things became a cluster and the other experiences are more current I would say that's your new lead time since they seem pretty consistent and this is the one outlier.

domestique
10-21-14, 13:00
Before we draw that conclusion, one question...

Approximately how long ago was that?

If it was years ago before things became a cluster and the other experiences are more current I would say that's your new lead time since they seem pretty consistent and this is the one outlier.

July 3rd is when my check arrived at my door. But this was also a Form 3/4. I talk about this in the thread about my dealer that stole $1,800 from me.

Edit to add: it was the ATF that told me my form 4 was canceled at the end of June. They implied the order to cancel just came through. But like anything with the government..... maybe the cancel date was sooner. I wasn't sent an actual canceled form. Just a US treasury check in the mail via USPS snail mail.

PatrioticDisorder
10-21-14, 17:05
I spoke to my examiner, he stated checks come seperate and could take up to 60 days. He told me up to 30 days from approval to get my form 1s and it took 20 so I'm going to be patient.

GrahamKAC
10-22-14, 13:01
Spoke with NFA Branch this morning. My form rubber stamped withdrawn on 01 OCT and I was told to expect a check in about another month from today. 6-8 weeks from withdraw date.

Fasstasheck
10-22-14, 17:59
I was told 10+ weeks after speaking to the examiner and had heard horror stories of 6-8 month waits.

I had the check in hand 8 days later.

GrahamKAC
10-22-14, 19:10
I'm curious as to how long they hold onto paperwork before mailing, or if they only mail every other friday or something....

I'm only 8 hours from Martinsburg and I've had forms take over a month via mail after approval.