PDA

View Full Version : Initial Range Report: Glock 41 .45ACP

Straight Shooter
10-23-14, 22:20
Got my NIB Glock 45 a couple weeks ago. Finally got to an indoor range today, fired 150 rounds of ball, and two brands of hollowpoint ammo thru it.
Have only added sights, Ameriglo CAP's, green photoluminescent{sp?}. Got the same sights on my G17 and love them. Came with Glock adjustable sights, btw.
Trigger: typical Glock, no more or less. I could live with it if I had to, but its getting a Ghost connector and 25cent trigger job this weekend.
Has several different grip options which I thought was really smart. I played with all of them dry firing, and chose one that feels & looks like the Grip Force on my G17. Without the backstraps, the frame is surprisingly narrow..WAAAY more than my old G21. Gun is slimmer, longer of course, and in my opinion a much better feeling, looking gun than the G21 I traded in on it.
My only complaint so far, is dropping the slide with the slide lock, its very hard to do so, and Im gonna lightly slick up that area as well as the lock itself when I do the trigger work.
Function was 100% today, with many different mags, some with Arredondo extensions. Loaded up 14 rounds, no prob.
Gun shoots consistently left about 2" at 50 feet with all ammo tested. Ran brass and Aluminum cased ammo. Mounted my new Inforce APL on it...no problems.
Gun has an..odd..recoil to it. Cant describe it, but it isn't bad. Could not do fast double taps on indoor range, but I did go fairly fast, and follow up shots are a breeze. Got holsters coming soon, not a lot out there yet for the gun. Its my 1st Gen 4, and I like it a lot. Hope it turns out to be as reliable as my old G21 was.

Failure2Stop
10-23-14, 23:23
I'm going to be picking up a 41 in the near future, it has a lot going for it for heavy division folks.

KCBRUIN
10-24-14, 00:26
I was hoping your review was going to say it sucked. I won a free Glock of my choice at a conference last month, and originally ordered the 41, but at the last minute switched it to a Gen4 21.

plouffedaddy
10-24-14, 08:15
Love my G41 as well. It's been flawless since day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teD62-10ZtQ

Palmguy
10-24-14, 08:36
I wish I didn't sell mine. It was a lot easier for me to shoot well than the G21s I've had, mainly due to the grip size.

markm
10-24-14, 08:56
Got my NIB Glock 45 a couple weeks ago.

You couldn't get a pic of the gun?? C'mon.

Straight Shooter
10-24-14, 09:49
You couldn't get a pic of the gun?? C'mon.

Um..Im not real savvy on the pooter sir, I must admit I do not know how. :o

Straight Shooter
10-24-14, 09:51
Love my G41 as well. It's been flawless since day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teD62-10ZtQ
Hey Plouffedaddy-
Saw that vid and it was a deciding factor in my purchase! Love your channel too Sir.

nate89
10-24-14, 10:49
I wonder if the 'gen 5' glock 21 with have the slim slide like the 41 has. I would rather have the shorter 21 barrel, but the thin 41 slide.

Talon167
10-24-14, 11:34
Is the grip size of the 41 the same as the 21? I thought I remember the slide being thinner but the same grip...

Palmguy
10-24-14, 11:58
Is the grip size of the 41 the same as the 21? I thought I remember the slide being thinner but the same grip...

It's the same (Gen 4). I know I mentioned it earlier, my comment was with respect to the standard (non-SF) 21 frame.

JHC
10-24-14, 19:11
I'm going to be picking up a 41 in the near future, it has a lot going for it for heavy division folks.

I would really value your compare and contrast in handling (esp recoil characteristics) between the 41 and 21. And all others as well.

EDIT: Plouffe vid description of between a Gen 3 21 and a Gen 4 21 is pretty good in that respect.

Sensei
10-24-14, 20:18
I have both the Gen4 G21 and G41. The recoil is a little less with my 21 and only noticeable when you shoot the guns back to back. Keep in mind that the Gen 4 G21 is one of the softer recoiling 45's out there, IMHO.

However, I finds that I'm noticeably faster at picking up a good sight picture with the G41. I attribute this to a thiner slide on the G41. The G21 is like looking across the deck of an aircraft carrier.

JHC
10-25-14, 20:58
I have both the Gen4 G21 and G41. The recoil is a little less with my 21 and only noticeable when you shoot the guns back to back. Keep in mind that the Gen 4 G21 is one of the softer recoiling 45's out there, IMHO.

However, I finds that I'm noticeably faster at picking up a good sight picture with the G41. I attribute this to a thiner slide on the G41. The G21 is like looking across the deck of an aircraft carrier.

The narrower visual of the slides is a pretty interesting factor. I think it will be interesting to see what else Glock does with this narrower slide approach with these larger calibers.

Thx!

10mmSpringfield
10-26-14, 00:18
I've never used the slide stop/release on a Glock, they're too small and hard to disengage.

Just slingshot that mofo.

plouffedaddy
10-26-14, 20:27
I would really value your compare and contrast in handling (esp recoil characteristics) between the 41 and 21. And all others as well.

EDIT: Plouffe vid description of between a Gen 3 21 and a Gen 4 21 is pretty good in that respect.

Thanks. I really went back and forth on it and had to bring all 3 guns to the range at once to tell a really noticeable difference.