PDA

View Full Version : Royal Arms billet lower

J-Dub
10-24-14, 17:03
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1RAK15

Anyone gave these a shot yet? Opinions?

jmnielsen
10-24-14, 17:33
I like the looks of it. I really dig the serial number and what not being on the trigger guard.

GH41
10-24-14, 17:38
The unnamed "Special blend alloy" is enough to make me run. The full auto marking also turns me off. Too many proven manufacturers out there.

thei3ug
10-25-14, 04:24
You can only get so special and call it 7075. It's just "clever" marketing to say it's tempered.
It's an attempt to differentiate in a saturated market. What I don't get is they go out of their way to low profile the SN, then mark up the selector like a 12 year old girl who just discovered makeup.

vivi00
10-25-14, 05:20
I like the looks of it. I really dig the serial number and what not being on the trigger guard.

I am digging the full stealth mode too, but can't say that's enough for me to take a chance on one. I've done the billet thing a few times and always end up back at forged too.

J-Dub
10-25-14, 06:33
Well Im going to take one for the team and give it a shot. I like the clean no rollmark look. Im not too concerned with the white selector stuff as I can paint it (might cerakote it burnt bronze)

Will be going on a BCM middy upper (buy one get a free comp and bcg was too good of a deal)

cfrock
10-25-14, 08:41
Nice to look at, not to own. I'd pass.

Caduceus
10-25-14, 11:09
Pass, anything royal is Un American!
Actually Im a bit suprised its from Oxnard too...

I like the clean lines and subtleness of it. I agree the markings are a bit bright, but thats easy to fix. Price is a bit high for the current market. Will withold judgement oh the actual performance as I dont have, nor have read, about it.

10mmSpringfield
10-25-14, 14:13
It looks great. I love how they put all the info on the trigger guard, that's really cool.

But I have 4 BCM's laying around on the workbench, so I have no need in experimenting with untested variables.

TacticalSledgehammer
10-25-14, 14:25
The unnamed "Special blend alloy" is enough to make me run. The full auto marking also turns me off. Too many proven manufacturers out there.
As long as it's not polymer. Other than the receiver extension, I wouldn't think there's too many major stress points on a lower receiver.

556BlackRifle
10-26-14, 21:15
I know nothing about this company and would advise going with a well known brand. (I don't like being a new product guinea pig.) As far as billet lowers are concerned, I like em.

J-Dub
10-27-14, 09:32
Well I was looking for a really plain lower, and this fit the bill, plus since my FFL is on file at AIM its super easy to buy it and have it shipped. No calling and requesting an FFL fax/email their license and hoping they do it in a timely manner, etc.

If I like this one, I'm going to form 1 it...which is why I wanted a plain one without a rollmark.

I'll follow up in this thread with my first impressions, its fitment to my upper, and how the build goes.

J-Dub
10-31-14, 14:46
Got this lower built up today. Everything went smooth with exception of the grip. I was using a magpul m.o.e. and had to take an emery board to both the grip and lower to get it to fit. Other than that it went together fine.

I dig it. Nice and clean.

EDIT* I forgot to mention, the selector nomenclature is NOT painted white like in the photos, which is a good thing.

Bullz
06-15-16, 09:58
Would you mind updating on your impressions of the Royal Arms lower? I'm thinking about picking one up and would like to hear your opinions over the time you've had it.