PDA

View Full Version : vehicle mounted mag pouch

stx.dead.I
10-26-14, 18:09
I carry both an Ar and glock 22 for duty and now have a takehome vehicle. I was curious to see if anyone knew of a mag pouch that can be mounted somewhere inside a vehicle? Basically one that will mount to anything off the body. I would like to get one for my ar mags and maybe one for a couple spare glock mags as well. Any ideas would be appreciated! I figured this would be general and not LEO specific because this doesn't specifically pertain to LE anyone could do this.

3 AE
10-26-14, 19:09
Not exactly what you described but a seat caddy to attach/detach when needed.

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/advancedtacticalseatcaddy.aspx

Caduceus
10-26-14, 19:20
I suppose it depends what you plan to attach it to?

Any magazine with a spring-loaded clip could conceivable attach to the door pockets (assuming it's hard plastic and not a vinyl type material)

Uprange41
10-26-14, 20:01
Probably the least streamlined (or cost-effective) solution, but you could go for an SOE seat cover (http://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/vehicle/products/modular-seat-back-panel) or visor (http://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/vehicle/products/vehicle-visor-cover), and just mount a mag pouch to that.

I don't know your rules as far as vehicle modification, but I've mounted adhesive velcro strips to vehicles before that I attach holsters to... If you are allowed to do that, then that's what I'd do.

snakedoctor
10-26-14, 20:20
The D3 Chest rig can be placed inside the door compartment. Check out the product video.

El Cid
10-26-14, 20:22
I came up with something similar. I wanted mags where I could reach them from the driver's seat. After much research I went with the Glock mag pouches and after drilling holes, secured them with zip ties.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0155_1_zpsc9f08f59.jpg

There's also a Kriss 28rd mag in the door pocket.

ST911
10-26-14, 20:49
I carry both an Ar and glock 22 for duty and now have a takehome vehicle. I was curious to see if anyone knew of a mag pouch that can be mounted somewhere inside a vehicle? Basically one that will mount to anything off the body. I would like to get one for my ar mags and maybe one for a couple spare glock mags as well. Any ideas would be appreciated! I figured this would be general and not LEO specific because this doesn't specifically pertain to LE anyone could do this.

Why have you chosen to go this route for spares? What are you trying to accomplish?

I see little benefit to mounting spares directly to vehicle structures, unless your car is a dedicated shooting platform. I would opt for a strategically placed go-bag, bandolier, etc that could follow you if needed.

davidz71
10-26-14, 20:53
I've just ordered a 5.11 Rush 12 back pack which I plan on equipping as a get home bag from work which is 5 miles away. I plan on placing it on the front seat going to and from work. Gun and magazines should be easily accessible if I need them.

stx.dead.I
10-26-14, 20:56
Why have you chosen to go this route for spares? What are trying to accomplish?

I see little benefit to mounting spares directly to vehicle structures, unless your car is a dedicated shooting platform. I would opt for a strategically placed go-bag, bandolier, etc that could follow you if needed.

Well I've got lots of storage space on my uniform but I don't want the weight unless I get a hot call. I could just scoop up the rifle mags when I arrive on scene

Zirk208
10-26-14, 21:15
Don't know what you have in your passenger seat, but most everybody I work with has one of these or something similar. The Wingman, lets you mount any MOLLE pouch to the flip up lid that hooks around your headrest. Supply your own mag pouches and you're set.
5.11 Wingman patrol bag (http://www.511tactical.com/wingman-patrol-bag.html)

While it may be quick and easy to just throw spare mags in one of the plethora of pockets, you may have, I've found it sucks trying to get those mags back out in a hurry (when it matters most). They always twist around, or seem to wedge into the bottom corners of the pocket. It also makes the muscle memory difficult when the mags never get put into the same pocket twice. I now use a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack (http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/JUMBO-VERSIPACK-40p6.htm) (can be found much cheaper on Amazon) as by bail out, grab bag, spare ammo bag.

ST911
10-27-14, 08:59
Well I've got lots of storage space on my uniform but I don't want the weight unless I get a hot call. I could just scoop up the rifle mags when I arrive on scene

Understood.

I like to limit tasks I have to perform on the way out of a car. Depending on your setup, consider how saturated you already are, and the impact of adding another thing to do on arrival to the mix. Especially one that manages a small item and pockets under stress.

El Cid
10-27-14, 13:56
Understood.

I like to limit tasks I have to perform on the way out of a car. Depending on your setup, consider how saturated you already are, and the impact of adding another thing to do on arrival to the mix. Especially one that manages a small item and pockets under stress.

I know you weren't addressing me, but I agree with your line of thought. The mags I posted a pic of mounted to the door are extras. They don't count against the mags on my belt/kit, in my go-bag, or on the extra plate carrier I keep behind my seat. They are there in case I'm pinned in the vehicle and have to fight using only the items within reach.

stx.dead.I
10-27-14, 13:58
So I really like the mk2 mag pouch. Might get that and Mille it to a drop leg holster and keep that somewhere easy to get to

Shane1
10-27-14, 20:21
Look at Eagle Industries Patrol Bandoleer. I carry 2 M4 mags in one pocket, additional Med stuff in the other, 2 spare pistol mags on the side. It fit in the door pocket of my Crown Vic, great for grab and go. Low profile , lightweight and inexpensive if you can find them. They made a MOLLE version at one point also.

SeriousStudent
10-27-14, 20:37
Look at Eagle Industries Patrol Bandoleer. I carry 2 M4 mags in one pocket, additional Med stuff in the other, 2 spare pistol mags on the side. It fit in the door pocket of my Crown Vic, great for grab and go. Low profile , lightweight and inexpensive if you can find them. They made a MOLLE version at one point also.

I do have one of those Eagle units. Tis' quite nice.

Along the same lines, this is what you can find for ten bucks shipped off fleabay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-ACU-MOLLE-II-Bandoleer-Magazine-Pouch-/281475708456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4189427628

Just use "Bandoleer Magazine Pouch" as your search term. Mine has two AR mags, two Glock mags, an Izzy bandage and a Surefire G2 flashlight in it. Cheap and easily replaced if lost/stolen.

Just a thought.

ST911
10-27-14, 21:31
Another vote for the Eagle PB as a minimalist solution. Muy bueno.

Funtogun
11-23-14, 15:29
I screwed in an extra holster and mag pouch into the center console of my LR3. A full size Glock and extra mag are always there and somewhat secure.

seb5
11-23-14, 15:51
I used the above mentioned Eagle bandoleer for years. 2 years ago I ordered one for every marked unit. Good piece of gear. The only other thing that might be as easy could be a small lightweight chest rig along the lines of the BFG. To me that's not as simple and I like simple.

Funtogun
11-23-14, 15:55
One other thing...I picked up one of the T.I.B. from TSD and have enjoyed it for a couple of years now. Holds just about everything I need on a daily basis..with a little extra room for day to day items. The only issue I have had with it, are the zipper pulls have been replaced with real 550 cord and the padded part of the strap/sling kept twisting the strap up, so I had it tacked to the strap. As far as the robustness of the bag..it has been drug all over and held up with probably 8 pounds worth of stuff riding in it.

wildonewest
12-12-14, 11:15
This is what I purchased recently and I love it and it works well and can be removed if need to.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Army-MOLLE-Vehicle-Seat-Panel-Modular-Webbing-Car-Truck-SUV-Jeep-Attach-Pouches-/171320853327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e384c34f I payed about $14.00 for mine so shop around