PDA

View Full Version : Army Reservists...

Turnkey11
10-27-14, 13:23
Coming back in to finish my 20 (got 5 to go); what MOS are currently short and most likely to fast track (dunno yet if Ill be able to come back as a SGT or end up a SPC), but I wanna be able to buy premium beer with my pension. 12B and 15D already, wouldn't mind a 3rd...

Todd00000
10-27-14, 13:53
Go see a local US Army Reserve recruiter, he will know all the units in the area and what MOS are needed. Also usually have to sign up for 6 years no matter how long you have to 20.

Turnkey11
10-27-14, 14:03
Go see a local US Army Reserve recruiter, he will know all the units in the area and what MOS are needed. Also usually have to sign up for 6 years no matter how long you have to 20.

I've got an appt. Saturday, I'll be in the Leonard wood area for the next couple years and thinking about the reserve Drill Sergeant route, or any other instructional job in that area.

rero360
10-27-14, 15:54
Not sure if they have it in the reserves, but they do in the guard, 13F, forward observer, if you can get a secret security clearance and all 1s on your PULHES, or whatever it's called, and a 110 FA line score, they'll promote you just as fast as you get the schooling and meet time in grade.

High Tower
10-27-14, 17:19
Electronic warfare seems to be a hugely expanding area right now with plenty of room for quick advancement.

rjacobs
10-27-14, 18:31
I dont know all the units in Missouri, but Joplin has a good unit(got a buddy who is a Captain in it, I could get you in touch with him), Whiteman AFB has an Apache guard unit(got a buddy who is a pilot, I think a Captain, might a Major now in it), an associate Air Guard unit with the B2's(they were the F15 unit in St. Louis before they were BRAC'd) and they have a new UAV unit(I dont know if there is a guard or reserve contingent associated though, but I have a buddy on AD who is one of the commanders of it I could ask), I think Springfield has some type of aviation unit(they have a big depot type maintenance facility at the airport there), St. Louis has at least 1 unit, if not two of some type. The Missouri HQ is just east of Jefferson City and I think Jeff City actually has an aviation unit(shit hooks maybe). There are others in Missouri, but those would be closest to lostinthewoods, at least from my knowledge.

Might look into some type of ROTC position if that would qualify as I believe Rolla has ROTC as well as Mizzou in Columbia.

26 Inf
10-27-14, 21:47
I retired in 2001 so my information may not be current - IIRC Ft LW used to have a pipeline outfit right outside of the fort and Rolla has the 245th Army Reserve Support Unit - they are a QM repair depot - when I was doing staff visits they were the rebuilders of the HMMV engines.

Belton MO, has a bunch of reserve units.

The Reserve DI's in the area used to be out of the 95th Training Division in Oklahoma - http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/95d.htm

Good luck - I like my retired check but the big deal is that you get TriCare at age 60 - this is a big deal if you have a wife and kids. Well worth it in my estimation.

eodinert
10-28-14, 00:12
My son just got $26,000 in bonuses for being an Intel weenie, but he wasn't prior service.