PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging plunger hole on an M&P

TomMcC
10-27-14, 15:30
I was wanting to go to the Apex polymer trigger, but it requires the large sear plunger for reliably. I have an older model with the small plunger. Sear housings seem to have disappeared. Has anyone tried to enlarge the small hole to the larger size? Do you think its doable? If so, good gunsmith only kind of mod?

Mike169
10-27-14, 15:34
My opinion only

1. Don't do it
2. If you absolutely positively must do it, have an experienced and recommended gun smith.

Remember, it IS possible to smooth out an M&P trigger with repetition. Repetition drills such as dry and live fire have the added bonus of improving your shooting ability..

TomMcC
10-27-14, 15:41
The trigger is 3.6 lbs and pretty smooth. Apex sear and some polishing. I just have really never liked the shape of the trigger. If this is not doable in a reasonable way, I can live with it.

cfrock
10-27-14, 18:31
Contact Randy at Apex. If he can't help maybe he can point you in the right direction. I'd call.

scootle
10-27-14, 22:31
Contact Randy at Apex. If he can't help maybe he can point you in the right direction. I'd call.

Pretty sure Apex can help you with the revised sear block if you are needing it to install the Apex polymer trigger setup. Give Randy et al a call!

Also, have a look at this thread from a while ago with some info: http://mp-pistol.com/mp-gunsmithing/25917-apex-sear-block-mod-pics-included.html

TomMcC
10-28-14, 02:12
Before I posted I did call Apex about this. Although I didn't ask about their ability to supply a new sear housing specifically the person I talk to didn't offer one up. I hadn't thought about the enlarged hole until after the call. I'll call back about it.

mtdawg169
10-28-14, 08:10
Apex did this exact modification for me a few years ago. I'm not sure if they still offer it though. In fact, I think I saw a thread here recently that said they were not doing it any longer due to concerns about warranties or liability.

C4IGrant
10-28-14, 08:15
I was wanting to go to the Apex polymer trigger, but it requires the large sear plunger for reliably. I have an older model with the small plunger. Sear housings seem to have disappeared. Has anyone tried to enlarge the small hole to the larger size? Do you think its doable? If so, good gunsmith only kind of mod?

Call S&W and tell them you have a dead trigger and want warranty support. They will handle it for you.

C4