PDA

View Full Version : Free AR-15

lee275
10-29-14, 15:43
Combat Flip Flops is giving away a free Hodge AR-15 and a Handgun & Carbine Course.
A few other prizes in there too. Combat flip flops Cashmere Cashmagh, Smith optics sunglasses,
Windbreaker and pants from beyond clothing.

Pretty awesome give away. http://www.combatflipflops.com/giveaways/

VIP3R 237
10-29-14, 15:56
Someone is going to be very happy.

markm
10-29-14, 15:58
You joined in 09 and this is your first post?

NoveskeFan
10-29-14, 16:16
Same thread was just posted (and removed) over on arfcom...

wildcard600
10-29-14, 16:20

saving it up for that one REALLY important post.

lee275
10-29-14, 18:04

Im a quiet professional, man of few words.

JBecker 72
10-29-14, 18:53
I never win anything but I figure my luck has to turn around some time.

straitR
10-29-14, 22:31
The devil is in the details...

8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Combat Flip Flops, Beyond Clothing, Weapon Outfitters, Smith Optics, Hodge Defense Systems, anyone acting on behalf of Combat Flip Flops, Beyond Clothing, Weapon Outfitters, Smith Optics, Hodge Defense Systems, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.

mastiffhound
10-29-14, 23:39
The devil is in the details...

8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Combat Flip Flops, Beyond Clothing, Weapon Outfitters, Smith Optics, Hodge Defense Systems, anyone acting on behalf of Combat Flip Flops, Beyond Clothing, Weapon Outfitters, Smith Optics, Hodge Defense Systems, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.

Is this what the younger folks call data mining?

chadgvn
10-30-14, 00:24
I am glad I read the whole thread before entering

Casull
10-30-14, 01:31
Combat flipflops is fine, actually. But I think it's okay to let them do their own business with M4C before doing promotions of this sort on here in this manner. An official account and some clear affiliation with M4C would be greaaat. It's only proper.

mastiffhound
10-30-14, 03:16
What about the other 4 companies that are getting all your info to sell, trade, or do who knows what with? I'm not up to date on the who's who in the shooting world but I've only heard of Hodge, and that was here. I get enough sales calls and junkmail as it is, especially from companies that I want nothing to do with. Thanks to straitR, I'll avoid even more aggravation from new hucksters trying to sell me idiotic stuff like mini waffle irons and hair extensions. I've never won anything, a new AR would have been nice! I guess I'll be keeping the streak alive.

JBecker 72
10-30-14, 06:57
I read all the rules before entering. Not worried my email and phone number is out there really. It already is, on multiple websites I've ordered from who also send me emails on a daily basis.

3ACR_Scout
10-30-14, 09:24
If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
I'm always curious about this part of the rules in these giveaways. I wonder if, hypothetically, I was deployed, if I would have to forfeit the prize for failing to claim it in time.

Anyway, pretty impressive prize package. I'm a little hesitant about the rule about personal information, as mentioned above, but I think that's pretty standard for any of these things we all sign up for online.

Dave

lee275
10-30-14, 09:29
The companies who are participating in the giveaway want to be able to send you emails.
It's not a big conspiracy where the data is not being sold or anything like that.

RLTW
Lee

HardLuck682
10-30-14, 12:28
Wow, a pretty good prize pack. Thanks for the heads up.

SpeedRacer
10-30-14, 13:10
That's pretty standard giveaway fine print. The highlighted portion is basically just saying they can broadcast your name and any supplied photos, etc. I mean it is a marketing expense, so they want to be able to market it. As far as collecting emails, that's the tradeoff. You get a chance to win something, they get an email address to send marketing correspondence to. Again, standard fare. Just unsubscribe if they send you something you don't like.