PDA

View Full Version : Props to Midway USA

Shao
10-30-14, 05:49
So I managed to snag one of those AAC 5.56 middy uppers with the URX 3.1 from Midway while they were on sale for less for $600. I also ordered a pair of Colt firing pins and a bolt cam pin. I received my upper 3 days after ordering! I left it in the box as I still had to build up a lower for it first and didn't get to it until the next day. After finishing the lower I opened the box - there was an AAC box but no firing pins or cam pin. Not a big deal I thought, I'd just call Midway and tell them what happened. Well anyway, I opened the AAC box and everything looked great until I noticed- there's no BCG in my upper! I freaked out a little and called Midway expecting a hassle but instead was greeted by a very knowledgeable young man who took care of me in less than three minutes. Just moments after getting off the phone with him I had a tracking number for the pins and info on how to return the upper so that I would be compensated my return shipping.

True, my order should have been complete, but the ease with which the situation was corrected is why I'm giving Midway USA a big thumbs up. They handled it very professionally and quickly. Now I just have to wait another week for my upper to get back.. :(

mtdawg169
10-30-14, 08:05
So those uppers didn't include the BCG as described?

Shao
10-30-14, 08:19
So those uppers didn't include the BCG as described?

Well mine didn't, but apparently mine was an exception. The CS rep told me that a BCG should have indeed been included. I'm guessing that there's someone working in their warehouse snagging parts. I don't see AAC leaving out a BCG on an upper. You never know though.

EDIT: In case my post was confusing, they're sending me a new upper with BCG included. Why I had to send the whole upper in is another question.

bluejackets92fs
10-30-14, 09:24
To me, righting a wrong out weighs a smooth order. Unless it happens every time I order from you.

exkc135driver
10-30-14, 11:30
Most of these companies sell the same stuff, usually at about the same prices. What makes the difference is customer service. I've had to fight with some companies to get them to accept a return when they sent the wrong item to begin with.

I've always been very pleased with Midway's service, which is why I continue to do business with them. Certain other vendors should take the hint.

HKGuns
10-30-14, 12:00
I use Midway all the time. They ship quickly, usually get it right the first time and when they don't they are extremely helpful and quick to take care of your issue.

Flankenstein
10-30-14, 12:09
My only beef with them is that they started shipping nearly every package in just padded envelopes.

I've called and tried to request a box and they tell me they don't have direct comms with the shipping department and that is impossible.

For me that limits what I will buy from them because a padded envelope just doesn't cut it for a lot of products.

TexanInCali
10-30-14, 13:05
That's odd. Everything I've bought from them recently has come in too big a box.

Flankenstein
10-30-14, 14:24
That's odd. Everything I've bought from them recently has come in too big a box.

Ammo?

I called and they told me anything that would fit in padded envelopes will go in padded envelopes. No exceptions.

LawndartMike
10-30-14, 16:49
My only beef with them is that they started shipping nearly every package in just padded envelopes.

I've called and tried to request a box and they tell me they don't have direct comms with the shipping department and that is impossible.

For me that limits what I will buy from them because a padded envelope just doesn't cut it for a lot of products.

I won't order scopes from them again. All three came in padded (if you can call 1/4" padded) envelope with the boxes destroyed inside the padded envelopes. Not a good way to receive $750 worth of optics. Luckily I have had no issues with the scopes. I'll order only small items that can't be squished.

Flankenstein
10-30-14, 17:06
I won't order scopes from them again. All three came in padded (if you can call 1/4" padded) envelope with the boxes destroyed inside the padded envelopes. Not a good way to receive $750 worth of optics. Luckily I have had no issues with the scopes. I'll order only small items that can't be squished.

Yea, that's what I'm saying. Would be a non-issue if they let you request a box, but they don't which is a deal breaker on many items.

aestusx
10-30-14, 20:11
Almost everything I've ever ordered from them has been in a box.

I also ordered the AAC 5.56 upper with the URX 3.1 rail for $600. Mine came with everything (BCG and charging handle). Can't wait to sight it in at the range.

MikeDawg46L
10-30-14, 21:19
I've never received a padded envelope from Midway and I order from them all the time. Just got an order yesterday actually, however it was a barrel and some misc parts so obvious wouldn't fit in an envelope.

I've been buying from there for years, and really like the changes they have made to the speed of their shipping.

Tapatalk'd

Warp
10-30-14, 21:47
I know at least 6 guys who ordered that same upper at that awesome price (I let them in on it after you posted, thanks for that). Several already received it, they got everything, including the nice BCG and a CH, and are extremely happy with the upper so far (none have fired it yet to my knowledge)

Reagans Rascals
10-30-14, 22:16
I stick to places that stand behind their business... SKDtac... Midway.. Rainier Arms... those are just a very short list of a host of amazing companies..

Everyone makes mistakes, its how you correct and compensate for them that creates a repeat customer (out of myself at least)... one of the reasons I'll never again do business with AR500armor.com... worst customer service in the industry I've ever personally dealt with..

Mr. Potterfield with Midway has done a very fine job with his company and is a standup guy, glad to hear things worked out

Shao
10-31-14, 07:39
I've been buying from there for years, and really like the changes they have made to the speed of their shipping.

Yeah no kidding, I ordered it Fri the 24th and it was on my doorstep Mon the 27th!!!

I know at least 6 guys who ordered that same upper at that awesome price (I let them in on it after you posted, thanks for that). Several already received it, they got everything, including the nice BCG and a CH, and are extremely happy with the upper so far (none have fired it yet to my knowledge)

You're welcome. I'd been waffling on an upper and was about to bite on another BCM but that AAC was calling my name. I can't comment on the BCG but the rest of the upper was flawless.

Mr. Potterfield with Midway has done a very fine job with his company and is a standup guy, glad to hear things worked out

Agreed. I also wanted to point out that I've placed probably 100 orders with Midway and this was the first that I had any issues with.

Shao
11-06-14, 10:11
Update:

The upper was received by Midway USA on Monday. After two days of receiving no notifications and with no status change on my account, I sent an e-mail and used their customer support form to inquire about my order. No response. I called today and was told that exchanges take 1-2 business days to process and that I should have some sort of notification by tomorrow or Monday. That's a little longer than 1-2 business days. Hopefully Midway gets this sorted quickly or I may have to reneg on my positive comments. I've honestly never had an exchange take this long to process. 7 days in and no update, notifications, or response to my e-mails. Midway - DON'T DO THIS TO ME! I want my upper!!!!

p22shooter30
11-06-14, 11:18
Midway recently adjusted their shipping rules to get rid on the special handling fee on orders less than 25 bucks so I can order with them again. I was trying to get a mainspring housing pin for my 1911 and they wanted to change me like 9 dollars in shipping on a 2 dollar part. I love midway, but that cheesed me off big time.

Shao
11-06-14, 12:50
I have faith that they'll send me my upper, I just wish that they would respond to my e-mails and customer comments on my exchange status. I was mad when I posted that. Hopefully they'll have it out to me tomorrow and I'll get it Monday.

Shao
11-07-14, 09:02
UPDATE: I checked my inbox - 30 minutes after my phone call an e-mail was sent stating that they had received my return. I received a tracking number this morning and it's scheduled for delivery on Monday. I can't help but think that it's not a coincidence. Anyway, it looks like it all worked out in the end. I would advise anyone who encounters a problem like this with Midway to call their CS - if I recall correctly, this is the second time that this has happened with them. It would appear that at Midway, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Now I'm wishing I had called a day or two earlier. Maybe I'd have my upper to play with over the weekend.

mtdawg169
11-07-14, 09:34
Considering the circumstances, that's really not a bad turnaround time at all. I'd be pretty pleased.

Shao
11-07-14, 09:59
Considering the circumstances, that's really not a bad turnaround time at all. I'd be pretty pleased.

The turnaround time was fine (not like some companies I've dealt with - I sent a Sig P238 in for trigger work and got it back 5 days after I had sent it in.) - It was the lack of response to my e-mails to their CS and the fact that it apparently took a phone call for them to do their job - not to mention that a missing BCG in an upper and missing items in my order caused me to deal with their CS in the first place. Overall still very satisfied. I don't think there's a single gun owner who doesn't use MidwayUSA at least sometimes. I rate Midway's CS 4 out of 5 stars just because they answer the phone every time, are extremely professional, and get the job done.