PDA

View Full Version : BCM Handstop

Korgs130
10-31-14, 08:19
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t268/korgs130/ea963ecd4a1172bd5272ab805ddc24b0_zps6cdb0b37.jpg

I did a quick search but could find any additional details. Looks like more good stuff from BCM.

djegators
10-31-14, 08:24
Looking forward to it.

TexasAggie2005
10-31-14, 09:05
BCM Gunfighter KAG (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-KAG-KeyMod-Black-p/bcm-kag-km-blk.htm)

Korgs130
10-31-14, 09:35
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Vertical-Grip-Mod-3-KeyMod-Black-p/bcm-vg-km-mod-3-blk.htm

Bravo Company USA does have the new items up on their site. The new BCMGUNFIGHTER Vertical Grip Mod 3-KeyMod attaches using a T15 Torx driver and comes at a significantly lower price point when compared to the current "twist on" BCM VGs. There's a Picatinny version as well. Both are pictured in the OP.

justin_247
10-31-14, 10:10
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t268/korgs130/ea963ecd4a1172bd5272ab805ddc24b0_zps6cdb0b37.jpg

I did a quick search but could find any additional details. Looks like more good stuff from BCM.

That handstop looks very comfortable. I may abandon my VFGs for this...

GH41
10-31-14, 10:17
Looks like the engagement barrels are different. Almost M-Loc-ish.

3ACR_Scout
10-31-14, 10:25
I like the lower profile mounting base on the new Mod 3 grip - I'd held off on trying the original Keymod version because the base looked a little oversized on the bare KMR compared to other brands.

I know this is just my personal pet peeve, but I'd still like to see BCM follow MagPul's example, do away with Foliage Green, and introduce OD green accessories. FG just holds too much association with UCP for me.

Dave

308sako
10-31-14, 11:03
I really like the key mod vertical I put on my SBR. Shorter than the magpul and the subtle angle is just right.

mrvip27
10-31-14, 22:46
Can't wait until its out.

Shiz
11-01-14, 09:59
Oh very nice. Finally a handstop that is affordable and large enough. Really liking the Mod 3 VFG too. I don't store things in it anyway.

On a side note, I can't figgur out how the handstop is tightened. I only see one hole and it doesn't line up with either keymod lug...unless there is 1 screw (Korgs mentioned) in the middle to tighten both at once.

BufordTJustice
11-01-14, 10:59
That KM hand stop has my name on it.

justand11
11-01-14, 12:16
I noticed this in the bcm video with Larry Vickers that was posted about a month ago. No one thought i was right. One guy even told me it was a fortis hand stop. I ****ing knew this was coming.

wirides
11-01-14, 12:45
Am I correct in thinking that the Mod 3 vertical grip is the same size / length as the current short version?

six8
11-01-14, 13:16
Dammit they keep taking my money!

Shiz
11-01-14, 14:44
m I correct in thinking that the Mod 3 vertical grip is the same size / length as the current short version?
I think so. It looks to be the exact size, just lighter weight (no storage space or QD screw)

ABNAK
11-01-14, 15:29
LOVE that handstop! Now I just have to buy the upper with the keymod rail! :rolleyes:

Press Check
11-01-14, 16:57
Anyone have a tentative release date on the BCM handstop? Currently using a KAC polymer handstop, which has been a great, lightweight, unobtrusive handstop so far.

drtywk
11-01-14, 17:35
Anyone have a tentative release date on the BCM handstop? Currently using a KAC polymer handstop, which has been a great, lightweight, unobtrusive handstop so far.

BCM is saying November on their BookFace page for the hand stops.

Press Check
11-01-14, 17:42
BCM is saying November on their BookFace page for the hand stops.

Awesome.

fotomaker57
11-01-14, 18:00
Ok I'm in. Added to my wish list and waiting impatiently for it to be released

gamewarden
11-01-14, 21:56
I shot the KAG on LAV's training rifle in June and really liked it. I actually preferred it to the BCM short VFG I was using at the time on my duty rifle. I also prefer the shape of the KAG to the KAC and Magpul hand stops. I feel the hook shape of the design allows for better purchase and makes it easier to pull the rifle into your shoulder pocket. The shape of the KAG also allows for a comfortable forward hand placement yet is still able to assist in bracing on a barricade. I will be putting one on my work rifle as soon as they are available.

saints75
11-02-14, 16:20
Looks interesting.

Singlestack Wonder
11-02-14, 16:41
Figures a new upgrade (and less expensive) would come out the same day I received a KMR and short keymod VFG....

jukeboxx13
11-03-14, 16:10
I feel the handstop is to big For the way I would want to use it, but ill still buy one to try out.

FYI I use handstops in between my index and middle finger with the flat side facing the muzzle.

Plumber237
11-06-14, 08:41
O
I shot the KAG on LAV's training rifle in June and really liked it. I actually preferred it to the BCM short VFG I was using at the time on my duty rifle. I also prefer the shape of the KAG to the KAC and Magpul hand stops. I feel the hook shape of the design allows for better purchase and makes it easier to pull the rifle into your shoulder pocket. The shape of the KAG also allows for a comfortable forward hand placement yet is still able to assist in bracing on a barricade. I will be putting one on my work rifle as soon as they are available.

Good to hear! I recently installed a set of 12" Centurion C4 FSP rails on my 6920 to try out having a light mounted at 12 o'clock, which I like a lot better than my old setup, but wasn't having any luck with grips. I tried a stubby VFG, an AFG 2, a gear sector handstop, and the Magpul handstop...nothing seemed to be what I was looking for, so I've been running bare rails with just Magpul ladders on them. I would like some sort of index point/leverage point (besides the FSP), so as soon as I saw this new KAG from BCM (especially the price) I was very interested. I will be trying one out as soon as they're available for ordering.

markm
11-06-14, 08:55
Nice to see the variety of Keymod options growing finally.

djegators
11-06-14, 10:51
Nice to see the variety of Keymod options growing finally.

Amen! I am actually pulling for an arms race between keymod and mlok...we all would benefit from that.

BravoCompanyUSA
11-07-14, 08:12
Will be released this month! KAG - Kinesthetic Angled Grip (for both KeyMod and Picatinny), Intro pricing at $17.95!

Teaser pics..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/KAG%20Hand%20Stop/kag_zps33b16ab1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/KAG%20Hand%20Stop/i_kag_k_zps85f60784.jpg

Eurodriver
11-07-14, 08:26
Straight from the Horse's mouth - awesome.

What the hell is that thing in the top right corner of the bottom pic, though? Is that a pick of some sort?

Hispanic_Hercules
11-08-14, 14:05
Will be released this month! KAG - Kinesthetic Angled Grip (for both KeyMod and Picatinny), Intro pricing at $17.95!

Teaser pics..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/KAG%20Hand%20Stop/kag_zps33b16ab1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/KAG%20Hand%20Stop/i_kag_k_zps85f60784.jpg

Only problem is they went fast!!!! When do you anticipate another round of these badboys wil be coming out as I want to purchase the new BCM stock and a few of the KAG's in 1913 and keymod..need to save on shipping in bulk as I am a cheap a$$!!!

Hispanic_Hercules
11-08-14, 14:07
Straight from the Horse's mouth - awesome.

What the hell is that thing in the top right corner of the bottom pic, though? Is that a pick of some sort?

http://www.hardcorehardware.com.au/hardware/mfe01.php

Gingerkid
11-14-14, 06:10
Only problem is they went fast!!!! When do you anticipate another round of these badboys wil be coming out as I want to purchase the new BCM stock and a few of the KAG's in 1913 and keymod..need to save on shipping in bulk as I am a cheap a$$!!!

First I heard about the KAG was an e-mail from BCM yesterday and they had what appeared to be all options in stock. I went ahead and ordered a couple. Good price.

Eurodriver
11-14-14, 06:50
http://www.hardcorehardware.com.au/hardware/mfe01.php

Thanks

GeorgeB
11-14-14, 07:03
I still prefer the "old" broomstick VFG as the best and mos secure way to retain your weapon effectively in any kind of a CQB situation. The "stiff support arm" grip is effective when you have a need for such precision at longer ranges, but it makes the weapon very easy to wrest from your control given the manner in which the support hand it stiffly forward. I also like the ability to rest the broomhandle on door and window sills in house, or window sills in cars. MY favorite VFG is ... BCM, of course. The full length model that is angled slightly toward the operator.

But...if I was a huge fan of the "stiff arm support hand grip" I would be taking a very close look at these new grips from BCM.

I like how BCM kind of waits to see what everyone else has done, or is doing, and then does it one better. I feel that way about the Gunfighter Stock.

ghostsup
11-14-14, 09:00

They show in stock.

MountainRaven
11-14-14, 09:17
They show in stock.

I think he posted before they were released.

Phreakish
11-14-14, 09:54
Oh very nice. Finally a handstop that is affordable and large enough. Really liking the Mod 3 VFG too. I don't store things in it anyway.

On a side note, I can't figgur out how the handstop is tightened. I only see one hole and it doesn't line up with either keymod lug...unless there is 1 screw (Korgs mentioned) in the middle to tighten both at once.

BCM has developed patent pending anchors which allow for the use of a single fastener while engaging multiple mounting slots. These beefy anchors are also what are taking all the force when mounted. They can be mounted reversibly as they're symmetric in nature (no disassembly required). Their shape is partially the result of achieving this symmetry.

The MOD 3 VFG is slightly narrower (~.20"), and slightly shorter (~.15") than even the keymod short VFG. The pic-rail and KeyMod versions of the MOD 3 are also identical other than attachment method.

eljimbo142
11-14-14, 11:07
would these be legal to put on a pistol build in ca?

ABNAK
11-14-14, 14:00
I have 3 of them inbound: 2 for the Picatinny rail and 1 for the KMR.

Lopro619
11-15-14, 04:25
Ok I'm in. Added to my wish list and waiting impatiently for it to be released

would these be legal to put on a pistol build in ca?

Why wouldn't it be? You can put a vfg on your pistol in Ca even, if the oal vex reds 26 inches.

markm
11-25-14, 09:12
BCM has developed patent pending anchors which allow for the use of a single fastener while engaging multiple mounting slots. These beefy anchors are also what are taking all the force when mounted. They can be mounted reversibly as they're symmetric in nature (no disassembly required). Their shape is partially the result of achieving this symmetry.

These anchors are going to be a big help to the Keymod movement. I haven't had any problems with existing accessories, but this anchor design makes attachment idiot proof.

markm
11-26-14, 06:53
KAG on a pic rail..

http://i62.tinypic.com/208fpxd.jpg

buckkiller35
11-26-14, 07:25
I have 2 of the key mods and 2 of the picatinny. I think they are great and they lock up very tight.

treadwisely
11-26-14, 09:17
Can't wait to try mine out!

Airhasz
11-26-14, 10:00
KAG on a pic rail..

http://i62.tinypic.com/208fpxd.jpg

Mark, where did you find the Ferguson Sticker?

markm
11-26-14, 10:08
Mark, where did you find the Ferguson Sticker?

No kidding. It's my Ferguson build! ;)

Wake27
11-26-14, 10:12
This looks like it would be the first handstop that I could actually like. I should've included one in the order I just placed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk