PDA

View Full Version : Another offset sight option

GH41
10-31-14, 16:52
https://troyind.com/products/offset-sight-set-hk-front-and-round-rear-blk They appear to lock up. Price looks good considering the more expensive option is pretty much unavailable.

bigfeetz
10-31-14, 19:29
Troy makes good stuff. They should be 10-8

Long Range Trigger Monkey
10-31-14, 20:44
Well it's about time.

Casull
11-01-14, 01:45
I'd like some more details about how the sight base works in regards to being ambidextrous.

GH41
11-01-14, 06:34
I'd like some more details about how the sight base works in regards to being ambidextrous.

Take a look at this pic of them mounted for L/H use. The release button is facing down. In the picture above for R/H use the button is facing up. Somehow the sights must separate from the mounts, rotathttps://www.google.com/search?q=troy+offset+sight&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&imgil=1j76zqxevRU8uM%253A%253Bxl7xE_31qtlhYM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.m4carbine.net%25252Farchive%25252Findex.php%25252Ft-113938.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=1j76zqxevRU8uM%253A%252Cxl7xE_31qtlhYM%252C_&usg=__cKzr4oQ5QsXwngPFOePFPQ39bUw%3D&biw=1920&bih=955&ved=0CDwQyjc&ei=G8FUVNryOISogwS0qYDgDw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=tT8WR68YmdGUsM%253A%3Byt94h4NVNEYESM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.gunsholstersandgear.com%252Fwordpress%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F10%252FTroy-Front-45-Degree-Offset-Sight.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.gunsholstersandgear.com%252F2014-nasgw-expo%252F%3B700%3B357ed and reattached.

PatrioticDisorder
11-01-14, 08:03
Unavailable?

http://www.operationparts.com/KAC_Knight_s_Armament_45_Degree_Offset_Sight_Set_p/30079.htm

KAC >>>>>> Troy

sidewaysil80
11-01-14, 09:06
Unavailable?

http://www.operationparts.com/KAC_Knight_s_Armament_45_Degree_Offset_Sight_Set_p/30079.htm

KAC >>>>>> Troy

To be honest I expected a greater desparity in pricing lol. Regardless I absolutely love my KAC standard micro sights.

kevN
11-02-14, 21:15
I just ordered a set for my new recce. I have been using Surefire (Dueck) RTS on my 18" gun for a while and am looking forward to checking these out as I run Troy flips on almost everything else. They also threw in a mag & free shipping on checkout as well as part of a promotion they're doing.

Alex V
11-03-14, 08:42
The one thing that throws me is that you can only get the standard round aperture in the rear sight with the HK front. I don't get it. Why not offer the standard M4 front with the M4 rear. I am not a fan of the dioptic sight

GH41
11-03-14, 15:11
The one thing that throws me is that you can only get the standard round aperture in the rear sight with the HK front. I don't get it. Why not offer the standard M4 front with the M4 rear. I am not a fan of the dioptic sight

I'll bet you can buy the round aperture as a replacement part from Troy.

GH41
11-21-14, 18:32
I found a set for $182. Pictures will be up next week.

PatrioticDisorder
11-21-14, 19:02
Magpul MBUS pro offsets are now out...

GH41
11-21-14, 20:03
Magpul MBUS pro offsets are now out...

The MBUS sights look good but heavy. Aluminum trumps MIM every time. Adjustment without tools means nothing on a backup sight. Review to come next week.

Mr blasty
11-21-14, 20:23
The MBUS sights look good but heavy. Aluminum trumps MIM every time. Adjustment without tools means nothing on a backup sight. Review to come next week.

Mbus pros are melanited solid steel, not mim.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kain
11-21-14, 21:06
Mbus pros are melanited solid steel, not mim.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Actually I do believe that the Pros are mimed, though the argument can be debated back and forth. Proper mimed parts, for something like this is not an issue in my opinion if everything is in spec and QC. Also, if I am recalling correctly the pros are supposed to be more durable because since they do not lock into position and fold under impact they are not as likely to bend under impact, which is what the Troys will do under impact. The Pros look to be lower profile though and that does appeal to me though. The Magpuls also look like they are going to come to market a bit cheaper. That is going to count for a good bit as well.

Koshinn
11-21-14, 22:32
I just want offsets that fold, are high quality, and work with a MUR with FA without sticking it near the barrel nut. Is that impossible?

GH41
11-22-14, 07:53
Actually I do believe that the Pros are mimed, though the argument can be debated back and forth. Proper mimed parts, for something like this is not an issue in my opinion if everything is in spec and QC. Also, if I am recalling correctly the pros are supposed to be more durable because since they do not lock into position and fold under impact they are not as likely to bend under impact, which is what the Troys will do under impact. The Pros look to be lower profile though and that does appeal to me though. The Magpuls also look like they are going to come to market a bit cheaper. That is going to count for a good bit as well.

I have no problem with mim at all. MagPul knows what they are doing. The only downside is the weight. Almost 4 ounces. I am hoping the Troy sights weigh less. The fact that the Troy sights lock up is a plus to me. I'll accept the risk of damage by a hard impact over the chance they will get folded by minor contact that wouldn't phase a locked sight. The sights that don't lock up only fold in one direction and will be just as likely damaged by impact applied from any direction other than from the front.

The_War_Wagon
11-22-14, 09:05
Anybody have an AAR with these yet? I'm holding off on any for my SPR, until I hear some reports from M4C!

Kain
11-22-14, 09:17
I have no problem with mim at all. MagPul knows what they are doing. The only downside is the weight. Almost 4 ounces. I am hoping the Troy sights weigh less. The fact that the Troy sights lock up is a plus to me. I'll accept the risk of damage by a hard impact over the chance they will get folded by minor contact that wouldn't phase a locked sight. The sights that don't lock up only fold in one direction and will be just as likely damaged by impact applied from any direction other than from the front.

Mim done right isn't a bad thing, persay. And while some parts I don't like Mimed parts here I am not sure I would be overly concerned unless there are major manufacturing issues, and since I've run a number of metal magpul parts over the years without issue I don't see them suddenly going to hell.
As far as weight I think the standard pros are about a half ounce heavier than standard Troys. I would imagine that the same difference would be present here. Take that for what it is, a guess and my opinion rather minimal. As far as impact and durability, I doubt we are going to settle argument here since I don't think anyone has gotten them in hand, but there are pros and cons to each.

GH41
11-22-14, 15:55
Mim done right isn't a bad thing, persay. And while some parts I don't like Mimed parts here I am not sure I would be overly concerned unless there are major manufacturing issues, and since I've run a number of metal magpul parts over the years without issue I don't see them suddenly going to hell.
As far as weight I think the standard pros are about a half ounce heavier than standard Troys. I would imagine that the same difference would be present here. Take that for what it is, a guess and my opinion rather minimal. As far as impact and durability, I doubt we are going to settle argument here since I don't think anyone has gotten them in hand, but there are pros and cons to each.

No argument from me Kain. MagPul will sell a million of them no matter what we think!

GH41
12-08-14, 14:50
I received the Troy sights today. Review up shortly in a new topic.

kevN
12-09-14, 20:50
I have a set of these sights on my recce. I bought them right before the magpul ones came out, and I have previous experience with the DD RTS sights. These sights work, they seem a little higher profile than the new magpul sights or the KAC variants but obviously when folded they're lower profile than my fixed DD RTS sights on my SPR.

For me, they zero'd pretty far of mechanical zero in both windage and elevation. Nothing too scary, but definitely father than I expected or have seen any of my standard troy folding sights go. I would be interested to hear if anyone else had the same thing happen.

Also, as someone pointed out in another thread you cannot mount these in the closest few spots back on the upper receiver pic rail as when folded down they will interfere with the charging handle. Not an issue as long as you know that when you're setting your gun up.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase, but I may check out the magpul offset sights for my scoped .308 gas gun.