PDA

View Full Version : Brigade Quartermaster's TacPatt

Bonk2029
09-20-06, 22:03
A couple of months ago, one of my officers showed up at a range day wearing a rather curious looking set of pants. Standard 5.11 cut, but in a gray and black digital blocky pattern that I had never seen before. He didn't know where his wife had found them, so I made a note to netsurf and find out, and later discovered that it's TacPatt, apparently only sold by Brigade Quartermaster.

Here's the wierd part. I have long scoffed at the woodland camo-based digital patterns, calling them "poserflage" and other choice words. Black woodland just doesn't work from a practical standpoint, plus at least around here it has a rather negative association with the local criminal element after some toads wearing it jacked several stores. TacPatt, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I had the officer take his boonie off and throw it on the gravel parking lot. From five feet, you could barely see it, kid you not. The pants were the same deal, and from a distance he really blended in.

http://www.actiongear.com/agcatalog/pics/rrl88_rrt88.jpg

Here's my crusade. I am trying to get 5.11 to make their TDU's, which are a more conventional BDU-type cut than the standard 5.11 pants and shirts, in TacPatt. So far they won't go for it, as evidenced by the two emails I got back saying, "Thank you for using our feedback forum. I forwarded your email to our design team and their answer follows: Unfortunately we do not have any plans to add this to the line."

If any of you don't think this idea is completely stupid, drop them a line and see if they will add TacPatt to the TDU line.

http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&pageID=CSIDcontactus

t3black
03-14-07, 13:57
I've got a pair of those myself which I too use on the range. Brigade just picked up my High-Speed Low-Drag Bag and will become the sole US distributor. Should pop up soon in their catalog.

A couple of months ago, one of my officers showed up at a range day wearing a rather curious looking set of pants. Standard 5.11 cut, but in a gray and black digital blocky pattern that I had never seen before. He didn't know where his wife had found them, so I made a note to netsurf and find out, and later discovered that it's TacPatt, apparently only sold by Brigade Quartermaster.

Here's the wierd part. I have long scoffed at the woodland camo-based digital patterns, calling them "poserflage" and other choice words. Black woodland just doesn't work from a practical standpoint, plus at least around here it has a rather negative association with the local criminal element after some toads wearing it jacked several stores. TacPatt, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I had the officer take his boonie off and throw it on the gravel parking lot. From five feet, you could barely see it, kid you not. The pants were the same deal, and from a distance he really blended in.

http://www.actiongear.com/agcatalog/pics/rrl88_rrt88.jpg

Here's my crusade. I am trying to get 5.11 to make their TDU's, which are a more conventional BDU-type cut than the standard 5.11 pants and shirts, in TacPatt. So far they won't go for it, as evidenced by the two emails I got back saying, "Thank you for using our feedback forum. I forwarded your email to our design team and their answer follows: Unfortunately we do not have any plans to add this to the line."

If any of you don't think this idea is completely stupid, drop them a line and see if they will add TacPatt to the TDU line.

http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&pageID=CSIDcontactus

LoneWolfUSMC
03-24-07, 10:22
So are you planning on having someone make all your raid gear/LBV/Plate carriers, helmets, etc. in this pattern? If no, then it seems like a good reason to make your officers maintain a new uniform for no tactical advantage.

I have no idea how your department is equipped or what your loadout for your tac team looks like. I just hate to see when departments go with the "latest and greatest" gear when that money could be better spent on training.

Train to use the gear you have. Replace the gear that dosent work, keep the stuff that does.