PDA

View Full Version : LMT MRP Reliability

JSGlock34
06-22-08, 20:54
I am quite intrigued by the LMT MRP upper. I like the concept of a user configurable upper with a quick change barrel capability. The coming piston conversion kit is also attractive. Seems like you can configure a MRP any way you like it.

Though LMT's literature points out the elimination of 13 parts in the MRP design - I don't think any of the eliminated parts are functionally significant. I'm wondering more about the quick change barrel - does this set up have any effect on reliability?

Most MRP threads indicate that the rifle is reliable, but I did surface some 10-8 posts that suggest the MRP is not suitable for defensive purposes. I'm not entirely clear what the issue was. These same posts are positive about LMT's standard uppers, so it must be something unique to the MRP configuration.

Welcome thoughts - how does the MRP stack up for defensive use?

Sabre675
06-22-08, 22:31
I have neither heard of or seen any reliability issues with the MRP. I don't know why it wouldn't be considered for defensive purposes. I have seen quite a few people post positive feedback after coming back from a high round count operators course in the muck! A very well built and simple upper, IMO! Not to mention Mike Rock barrels.

SilentButDeadly
06-23-08, 10:40
I have had no reliability issues with mine. I haven't heard of any issues with anybody else either. The MRP is perfectly fine for defensive purposes. Buy with confidence.

thetallengineer
06-23-08, 21:17
I'll add my data point to the thread. I've owned my 16" CQB MRP for about a year and have been very pleased. No issues with it so far. Total round count is around 1900 rds with 1400 of those being during a 3-day class. Also has worked fine when being fired suppressed.