PDA

View Full Version : M16A1 Clone selector switch question

ClassIIIGunsmith
11-01-14, 11:01
Ok so I got this crazy idea and I can't seem to find any results from searching google. I want to make a M16A1 clone but I want a selector switch that is 90 degrees offset to put semi auto in the auto spot and safe in the semi position. Would look kind'a like this but marked correctly. And who if any makes one that I can buy?

dmaxfireman
11-01-14, 11:29
Why not a safe-semi-semi or safe-semi-safe selector? You will still get your third position out of it if that is your goal.

Renegade04
11-01-14, 16:30
Ok so I got this crazy idea and I can't seem to find any results from searching google. I want to make a M16A1 clone but I want a selector switch that is 90 degrees offset to put semi auto in the auto spot and safe in the semi position. Would look kind'a like this but marked correctly. And who if any makes one that I can buy?

I have never seen or heard of a selector that allows for that configuration. Besides, have you considered how cumbersome it is going to be to switch from SAFE to FIRE/SEMI and back to SAFE in the configuration? There is a reason why the selectors are designed the way they are. Even on FULL AUTO and BURST M16s, it is somewhat cumbersome switching from SEMI to FULL AUTO or BURST. Additionally, if you were to use a M16 selector, it has to modified in order to be legal for use in a semi-auto AR and you would be able to turn it to where the AUTO or BURST position would be. It would still function as a semi-auto only.

ClassIIIGunsmith
11-02-14, 22:19
All the times I've fired a real m16 I've never found it hard to switch it from semi to auto. I don't really use the safety but when I store my firearms. I just had to ask. I just want one that can't be challenged by the ATF from having a demilled m16 selector in my clone

BUBBAGUNS
11-19-14, 10:15
Thought I would bump this. I am interested in this as well.