PDA

View Full Version : Magpul rail section on Midwest Industries Quad Rail?

Oak
11-02-14, 12:48
I have a BCM Mid 16 with MI rail that I bought from Grant. I bought a Inforce WML and need a short piece of Picatinny rail to mount the light to.
Will the Magpul sections line up and mount to the rail?

Thanks,
Oak

GH41
11-02-14, 13:56
It would help you find the answer if you told us what MI rail you have.

3 AE
11-02-14, 14:07
OP, Could the title of your thread be mistaken? If it's truly a quad rail, then the Inforce WML should attach on any of the rails. As GH41 mentioned, giving the specific model will help us help you find the solution.

Oak
11-02-14, 14:17
Probably the title is incorrect. The rail came on the BCM Mid 16 Mod 3 and is about 8" long. Picatinny on top with vent holes and screw holes on sides and bottom.
Threaded holes are about 1 1/2" center to center. Powers out here in Maine due to snow storm. Sorry for any typos. My thumbs and phone don't play well together.

Oak

3 AE
11-03-14, 10:44
Oak, is this the BCM carbine that you have?

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MID-16-MOD3

And is this the rail that came with it?

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1030

If so, you'd be better off getting a short rail section either in polymer or aluminum from Midwest Industries. They have the proper hole spacing and the attachment screws will thread properly into the holes. Make sure to get the Gen 1 rail sections. The Gen 2 rail sections will not fit on the Gen 1 rail according to MI on their website. Magpul rail sections have different hole spacing lengths depending on how long they are. Also, the attachment screws are longer and designed to pass through slots and are secured with small backing plates.

Oak
11-03-14, 15:02
3 AE,
Looks like you're correct on both points. Sorry for the initial confusion, you guys are incredible with the knowledge here.
I'll go to the MI website and order a piece of Gen 1 rail.
I appreciate the info and the fact that you saved me about 180 miles of driving today.

Oak