PDA

View Full Version : Another Fast & Furious Scandal?

a1fabweld
11-03-14, 15:45
http://bearingarms.com/grenadewalker-inspector-general-reports-blasts-doj-another-fast-furious-scandal/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Anyone know anything about this?

Averageman
11-03-14, 17:43
I recently read something about the cartels buying grenades and that they have become a favorite new weapon of choice for them.
Something about buying up dummy grenades and reworking them, for the life of me I cannot remember the source.

SteyrAUG
11-03-14, 17:47
Pathetic as it is, I'm kinda glad I don't have those dummy / training grenades anymore.

NWPilgrim
11-04-14, 01:54
Are we missing ICBMs?

Good God, how flagrant does arms trafficking have to be in order for Congress to call it what it is? Such lack of monitoring and arrest is not incompetence, it was the plan.

SteyrAUG
11-04-14, 01:57
What pisses me off is ATF probably made more money selling illegal arms this year than I did selling legal arms to lawful citizens.

Moose-Knuckle
11-04-14, 02:33
So that's who those guys were wearing sunglasses buying all the "complaint dept. take a number pineapple grenade paperweights" at the gun shows!

I wondered where they had gone . . .

Shane1
11-04-14, 18:23
Not sure why the Cartels would need grenade parts form the US when they can buy them directly by the case from the Mexican Army.

NWPilgrim
11-04-14, 20:48
Not sure why the Cartels would need grenade parts form the US when they can buy them directly by the case from the Mexican Army.

Assuming it is based on F&F, it is probably at DEA suggestion through cartel CI that they are encouraged to buy from American supplier. This achieves the goal of astroturf gun running from US to Mexico and gee look at all the Mexican peasant casualties from evil American weapons floating for anyone to buy.

Both programs were designed to create weapon trafficking that did exist precisely due to the reason you state: it would be easier to get the real thing from Mexican army or Central Am. sources.

Moose-Knuckle
11-04-14, 20:50
Assuming it is based on F&F, it is probably at DEA suggestion through cartel CI that they are encouraged to buy from American supplier. This achieves the goal of astroturf gun running from US to Mexico and gee look at all the Mexican peasant casualties from evil American weapons floating for anyone to buy.

Both programs were designed to create weapon trafficking that did exist precisely due to the reason you state: it would be easier to get the real thing from Mexican army or Central Am. sources.

But . . . but then they wouldn't have an excuse to go after the 2nd Amendment "under the radar". Manufactured crisis and all that . . .

Reagans Rascals
11-04-14, 21:00
I'm confused.... what is the purpose of refitting a demilled grenade? I'm no bomb doctor but I'm fairly confident its not possible to refit one, other than to completely replace the fuse cap, omehow weld up the hole in the bottom and acquire an explosive to fill it with. So why waste the time to traffic or smuggle demilled ones... they can just as easily make their own if they have the explosives required to even attempt it in the first place...