PDA

View Full Version : M&P or Pro -- Suppressor Host

bates
11-05-14, 11:08
Trying to decide which would be a better suppressor host

I currently own and love a handful of 9mm Glocks 19, 17, 34

I have had of grips extensively worked on all my glocks, changed sights, trigger or parts, slide release etc on all of them, and have them set up for specific needs

I just purchased my first Suppressor and I am looking for a dedicated host. By the time I purchase a glock add sights, gripwork, etc I feel I can get into the M&P a lot less, plus I am going to get the shield for a smaller carry gun to accompany my standard G19 carry gun.

So I have a can that will be here soon and want to set up a dedicated host for it.

M&P or the Pro?

I am strongly considering putting an RMR on this gun so the CORE line is even more appealing.

am I missing anything by not going with the longer PRO or 9L?

If I like the RMR then I will have a 19 set up for one as well and buy an extra threaded barrel

Gingerkid
11-05-14, 12:10
Glock released factory guns with threaded barrels this year, including Ameriglo suppressor height sites. All of that for about regular Glock pistol price. That would certainly be your most economic alternative.

For M&P, I'd say get the CORE if you want to run the RMR and find an aftermarket barrel you are happy with. If you want a black barrel, it seems Storm Lake is the only one currently manufacturing.

I don't think you'd be missing anything with a longer gun other then being longer, particularly with added length of suppressor.

EvilBetty
11-06-14, 01:19
APEX will have barrels this month...

teutonicpolymer
11-06-14, 06:35
The factory threaded Glocks are a screamin deal

jpmuscle
11-06-14, 06:40
APEX will have barrels this month...
Link?

PatrioticDisorder
11-06-14, 07:03
Link?

Ya I love Apex but the Apex/Bar-Sto barrels are coming just like the Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy album was coming too.... Just in time for the 2022 mid term elections if we're lucky!

matt7184
11-06-14, 07:18
The Bar-Sto Barrels are out: https://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=SWMP

PatrioticDisorder
11-06-14, 07:25
Well I'll be damned!

Wake27
11-06-14, 13:57
I believe in another thread Randy said that they discontinued working with Bar-Sto over some disagreement and now are actually working on their own in-house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk